Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Khabib is at the press conference

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Max ain't look that small next to Khabib at the conference

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
You're just not gonna go win the lightweight championship against loving Khabib without a training camp but I love max so much for doing it that it's making me a better person

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
It means I was wrong when I thought that max had an easy cut to FW and he was tiny for LW

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

El Roncho posted:

Oh for fucks sake. I don't feel like the guy who got knocked out in his first title defense deserves an instant rematch. Call me crazy.

Moraes or Rivera should be getting that poo poo.

Cody hosed tj up at the end of round 1. It was a good fight with a lot of drama surrounding it the rematch will be good

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
https://streamable.com/t/j5rex
This is lovely

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Also we were making GBS threads on Ariel in the last thread and I wasn't able to articulate why I hate him so bad but watching this max interview its just how negative he is. He asks five questions about the weight cut after max makes it clear he doesn't want to talk about it, continually asks about Max's injuries, and a bunch of questions about Conor McGregor.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
DC: Max what's the biggest motivator for you in this fight, legacy, competition, or money?
Max: Legatish-, uh, legacy and competition

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Brock fighting is loving awesome no matter what. Either you see a gorilla do gorilla poo poo or you see a gorilla get neutralized. Same thing applies to ngannou except you have to change the metaphor

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I love mixed martial arts.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

deadkiller615 posted:

Do you guys really think he wont fight again? Jones hit and ran a pregnant lady and fought again, that has to be at least as bad.

This is much worse. That was a panicked accident by someone who is capable of appearing contrite. This was premeditated and we will for sure not be hearing any apologies from Conor unless he admits to coke usage

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
What's beyond the pale is none of the twenty soccer hooligans, Artem Lobov, the media idiots who opened the door in direct view of three security cameras, or the driver of the loving GETAWAY CAR that the plan necessitated at any point said hey moron we're not gonna go throw loading equipment through a loving bus windshield full of fighters, because there could be consequences.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Dangersim posted:

Cocaine doesn't make you do poo poo like that, you guys have watched scarface too many times.

one of the only times I ever did cocaine I ended up playing laser tag with a bunch of lesbians. We got into a physical altercation with a Mormon teenager (surrounded him, threw him against a wall, screamed in his face) and at the time it seemed just like how any normal human being should react

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Without Pettis?

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
https://twitter.com/felderpaul/status/982282848307572738?ref_src=twcamp%5Ecopy%7Ctwsrc%5Eandroid%7Ctwgr%5Ecopy%7Ctwcon%5E7090%7Ctwterm%5E3

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
We've got Ramadan coming up don't we?

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
If the fight doesn't end up happening then Conor will unironically have defended his belt

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
hebbeeeb smesh

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I'll say this out of Max Tony Anthony Pettis and whoever the hell else was in the conversation I know I'm forgetting a couple people, AL has probably the best chance of flash KO in khabib out of nowhere

Gay Horney fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Apr 6, 2018

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Iaqunita

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Volkov looked loving awful and is not ready for a title shot

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Check out @allelbows’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/allelbows/statu...90%7Ctwterm%5E3

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
goldmine the thread after the ppv imo.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Did the event start time get pushed back at all

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

I.N.R.I posted:

what was rogan saying? i was watching it illegally in russian and khabibs fight was even more 1 sided than any of his other ones

was saying that Khabib didn't look that impressive because he was still on the feet and al is dangerous there.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Al was standing directly in front of Khabib with his hands by his titties. When your opponent does that punching him in the face and not getting punched is a premier strategy, which Khabib was able to employ, winning him an incredibly lopsided set of scorecards

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Danielle Taylor vs Maryna Munoz is quintessential wmma

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
He never ducked under als punches because he moved to the left right or backwards (admittedly this is a problem) and returned fire every time. Khabib wanted to show us the standup

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
He works out with weighted maces because when you're rich as gently caress from all that fear factor money you can build your own gym and do it where nobody can see you

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Noctone posted:

So are either of Dillashaw or Woodley fighting soon or like what's up with those divisions.

our idols are dead and our enemies are in power

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Definitely unfair to expect a new UFC fighter to do battle against a seasoned warrior with...<checks wikipedia>....two professional fights?!

the guys making these fights do not do so by checking wikipedia. they watch fights and fighters and make matchups accordingly. you too, can watch the fight that got Mickey Gall into the ufc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHbfbZfW24k

He gets the CM punk fight by brutally beating his opponent in every aspect and then asking dana for it. he beats the poo poo out of one more guy and Dana says well alright. it was an awful, awful fight to make.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
people who hate on floor seats are haters. It's not the best view but you're one of the chosen people and they bring you food.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Snowman_McK posted:

*Women's featherweight just kind of sits there*

Is that the incredibly shallow division that has cyborg and nobody else or the incredibly shallow division that has some tuf winner ibe never heard of as the champion

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Captain Log posted:

What precisely happened to Cerrone that caused him to have part of his intestines removed?

bend over and I'll show ya

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
ngannou is comin off a title fight. If Derrick wins he'll probably be next in line and he could kill stipe as easily as Francis could kill stipe while being able to do more on the ground.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I will be justifiably dragged for this but I believe Derrick is a very bad matchup for stipe

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Lee apparently missed weight

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
any of the fights last night worth watching? I recorded them and watched Frankie cub and just kinda lost interest

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
you just gotta accept that no matter what you think the look on someone's face means you don't actually know what's going on in their head and it's bonkers to call someone mentally done while they're in there with a trained murderer and managing to not die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Queefington

• Locked thread