Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

We always knew that Conor would be a glass champion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Skip My Posts posted:

self defense

Checks out

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Eat This Glob posted:

Bloodletting in place of traditional weight cutting will be the wave of the future. Chiesa will be seen as the godfather of this

ahem

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Wise Learned Man posted:

I wonder what he did to Shane Del Rosario.

:aaa:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

*yawn* let's see what I missed since 8am

691 new posts?

:staredog:

:classiclol:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

The Watch posted:

:staredog:

I very clearly need to catch up on this thread, this is even more amazing then I thought.

Edit: It appears this news goes as far back in the thread as PAGE 3 :staredog:

Some goes back into the March thread, because the April thread didn't come up til like the 3rd, and Tony's knee exploded on April 1, which was part of the weirdness, because we thought it was all some stupid April Fool's joke from a dingus reporter at first.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Hey I'm struggling to think of a better high-level competitive, technical, and entertaining WMMA bout than Namajunas-Jedrezchzrek 2. Maybe Andrade-Gadelha?

Thoughts? Any other bouts come to mind as especially representative of WMMA at its best and most competitive?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I was pretty confident in giving Rose 1 2 and 5, with 4 being close. JJ took over round 3 at almost exactly the half-way point of the round (and the fight), and then Rose made a pretty good adjustment going into round 5.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Matt Lindland posted:

Matt Lindland (me, sorry for speaking about myself in the 3rd person) is such a perfect ogre... like Matt Hughes or Faber are closer to the platonic Jock but Matt is so wonderfully himself (again, me).

Holy poo poo this has to be peak something

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Boil up your favourite hat

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I'm not sure what that conversation was supposed to be about before he went all Jones. Was Tyson trying to figure out what the bad supplement was or something so he could avoid it? And why has it come out today?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

The tweet I saw (and didn't save) described a raw/smackdown kind of deal, in which fighters get associated with one network or the other and only cross over that line for PPVs.

It also had some vague thing about fightpass losing the fightpass fights and DWTNCS completely replacing TUF, which is now dead.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Turns out that the source on this is a known shitposter on The Underground, and it was just copied-and-pasted from there. MMALOGIC? Something?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Captain Log posted:

If someone can tell me how to holler into this computer enough that a website happens - I'll promise I can bring fake news headlines in line with the PSP belief system.

Just use twitter. Make an account that's @CaptainLogMMA, put "MMA BREAKING NEWS" into your description, and follow a bunch of people like Helwani. Retweet and start spreading headlines around. That's all there is to it. You don't even need the story, because people don't read the story anyway.

If you want another layer of effort, use MS paint to make fake headline "screenshots."

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I.N.R.I posted:

Im going to print that out and put it in the trash

:lol:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Looking at those numbers, we actually have enough posters here that we could probably concoct some scheme or scam to put a PSP poster into every executive role for the MMAJA in their next round of elections.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

All three judges initially put in the point deduction for the wrong fighter. Or something? Or the person transcribing it hosed up.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Skip My Posts posted:

Supposedly khabibs team asked for poirier

That's good entertainment and I hope it happens right away. It would wipe away the foul taste of undefended titles and ducking that has plagued the division. Quantitatively, Alvarez should be ahead of him, but there's something satisfying about seeing him sit out and get passed over for a guy who has been more active.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Hm. I thought that had already been announced.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I miss the days when Dodson would decapitate larger opponents with a single big shot and then do a back flip and grin like a loveable dork.

That seems like it was 5 years ago.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

War Katownsa.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

It's too bad that Bobby Southworth is a light heavyweight, because if he was smaller the ufc could re-sign Mike Easton and have a four-man welterweight tournament with Sage Northcutt and Sheldon Westcott.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Noctone posted:

Al with the concise but scorching burns is extremely my poo poo

You're thinking of Darryl Horcher.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I use Marvel movie trailers for an exercise in one of my writing classes. I've been doing it two to six times per year for about six years now, updating to more recent movies.

Even the loving trailers all follow the same formula with minor variations for each franchise.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Southpaugh posted:

He did look great against Cowboy, BUT - I think half of the regulars in the martial arts thread would probably have a 50/50 chance against cowboy, depending on if he'd been drinking, in a motocross accident or struck by lightning that week.

Obviously 50% of the time he decapitates them, but thats cowboy.

Cowboy puts together multiple 4-fight win streaks in a feverishly active UFC career.

"Cowboy is a coin flip against a computer programmer."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

UFC May - Stinko de Maia

• Locked thread