Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Rigel posted:

On the other hand, that fight was not close at all.

wow he only had to take all the roids to beat an equally old guy who he is tailor made to beat... and in a none-too-spectacular fashion. truly brock remains the baddest man on the planet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Untrustable posted:

I've seen a lot of "that charge carries [however many years]" but you must remember that is the maximum penalty. To get any time he'd have to show up without a lawyer and piss at the judge. With a decent lawyer and a sweetheart deal with an A.D.A. Conor is probably looking at fines, court costs, community service, and (if his lawyer is poo poo which he/she shouldn't be) some type of court mandated drug and alcohol evaluation, victims impact panel, and maybe anger management classes. I don't see those last 3 requirements happening though.

My advice to him would be shut the gently caress up, get arraigned, and let the lawyer make deals from there. Just nod and sign the plea agreement, eat a 3 month deferred sentence, meet the requirements and get your poo poo expunged. Or just take a straight guilty plea, meet all financial requirements and let it stay on your record. I'd guess no felony will stick. By Monday it'll be amended to a misdemeanor or dismissed entirely.

I'm not sure how New York handles felony charges wrt bond though. In some states you can't bond on a felony charge until you've seen a judge for formal arraignment. If that's the case then Conor has to spend the night in.

TL:DR - I work in criminal justice and just wrote Conor in the legal system fanfic. Pure speculation.

this is correct from my brief life in criminal law. i'm sure people will act like it's a sign of the corruption of the system when he doesn't get near the maximum or gets a lesser charge, when in fact most people without novel-length conviction records tend to not get anywhere near the maximum (or at least that's my experience in australia - and certainly here this is true across races).

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

DoombatINC posted:

Dana: "Our champion cannot fulfill his duties, would you be willing to take his place?"
Al: "You can count on me, boss"

*Al stands trial for assault while Conor is given back his belt*

lol

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

shortspecialbus posted:

I only started really watching UFC and paying attention to this stuff maybe a month ago. Is it always like this? Please say it's always like this.

unfortunately mostly not, now that jon jones has been exiled.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Southpaugh posted:

Buy me a new one if you've made your way far enough out of your hospital bed to post.

[Live Married with Children crowd goes wild]

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

El Roncho posted:

All I remember about Tyson Griffin is his abnormally large rear end and the time he got face planted by Gomi in one of Gomi's last hurrahs. Maybe the last.

:hfive:

His fight with Frankie Edgar is an all time great fight.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

CommonShore posted:

The tweet I saw (and didn't save) described a raw/smackdown kind of deal, in which fighters get associated with one network or the other and only cross over that line for PPVs.

this would be terrible

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Unfunny Poster posted:

It was a really fun card.

Welterweight Alex Oliveira def. Carlos Condit Submission (guillotine choke) 2 3:17

the facts seem to suggest otherwise

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
carlos comes from a professional family and probably will do alright after he retires so i can comfort myself that this loss isn't an episode in his life being destroyed unlike with other fighters

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
i just watched the condit fight. i would always have thought condit would win from the way the first round went in classic condit style. my reaction to the outcome https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oCnqy8Klaw

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Matt Lindland posted:

Unions are famously too tough for regular blue collar working class guys from poor towns to understand.

it probably is harder to organise a fighters' union, to be fair. you're not sharing a factory floor with them and a hundred other guys, you're all getting paid differently, and a lot are going to have big egos.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
for anyone who missed it from the other thread: https://streamja.com/VZRq

rip to chagas' liver, i hope it is given a lovely service

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
The number of people who developed wrestling to an exceptional level where they hadn't wrestled young is... Well GSP obviously... Uh... Well I guess if we lower our standard to 'high' rather than exceptional Gustaffson, Kenny Florian, Demian Maia (though hard to tell if he really developed it or was just bad in one area of it that didn't show up in his later fights)? There are probably several others but I don't follow this sport as closely as I used to

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Seems weird to go on and on about how amazing some number ~5 guy who's into his end-of-career slide is to me but ok.

hangover from new jersey and renzo gracie superpatriot fatherdog's mod tenure. i never cared for frankie that much either.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Anderson was really good but the division was also really bad.
He was also on the juice.

These are very good attributes for being champion along with taking penis medication see also Jones, Jon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
oh no. little nog is able to fight again as of 24 april.

• Locked thread