Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

drat, Holloway rules so loving hard.
I love Joanna but how many champions have been successful in an immediate rematch after getting (T)KOed? Or any fighters I guess, since immediate rematches aren’t too common.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Rigel posted:

UFC: Give us $6MM and we'll have a PPV event in Hawaii

Hawaii: Thats too much... how about $1MM?

UFC: Nah, we'll pass

*weeks later*

UFC: Guys, we were going to do a big show in Hawaii, but the local officials shut us down!

https://twitter.com/Jason_Floyd/status/981867149257068544

lmao poor UFC.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Hell yeah Black Beast in this ho.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

eshock posted:

Has Joanna said anything about if she's going up to 125 after the second Rose loss? The cut was always really bad for her and it seems like the 125 belt is hers if she wants it.

Looks like she has a fight at 115, but her 125 dominance isn’t guaranteed. She’s lost multiple Muay Thai fights to Valentina, so that’d be interesting to see.

I thought Tecia looked surprisingly good against Andrade. I feel like Andrade was losing on the feet and had to rely on her Hulk strength grappling. If Joanna refuses to evolve, maybe Tecia’s not such a big underdog.

FishBowlRobot fucked around with this message at 13:19 on May 2, 2018

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Snowman_McK posted:

Tecia clearly had a really good game plan for Andrade. It didn't matter, though. Andrade is such a specimen that, unless you put her away, she will get a hold of you and throw you around like a sack of potatoes. By the end, Tecia was losing the striking and backing up wildly just to avoid getting tossed around because Andrade is a loving freak.

Yeah, Andrade is scary as hell. I couldn’t believe how she ran through Gadelha. I’d love to see her get the next shot at Rose.

• Locked thread