Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mewse
May 2, 2006

Conor's gonna go irish mafia on anyone who tries to strip his belt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mewse
May 2, 2006

threeagainstfour posted:

Respect to the champ champ for stepping up to fill the hole left by Jon Jones in the doing extremely dumb things that prevent him from actually fighting department.

Cocaine Champion 2018

mewse
May 2, 2006

exploded mummy posted:

So long skorpex

Lmfao

mewse
May 2, 2006

Matt Lindland posted:

Look, what happened exactly we don’t know. But after Dana’s statement we know two things for sure: Conor is not in jail and this isn’t over.

Matt Lindland posted:

I have an update on the Conor situation: appearently the police aren’t looking for him and his plane is ready to leave.

loving :lol:

mewse
May 2, 2006

Nierbo posted:

"Love or hate Conor McGregor's antics outside the cage, everything he does is calculated and hes just set the table for the biggest fight in UFC history. Ireland vs Russia. Conor vs Khabib. Let the madness begin"

- Brendan "Big Brown" Schaub.

Who gave this moron a platform

mewse
May 2, 2006

mewse
May 2, 2006

Dadbod Apocalypse posted:

like...I watch MMA casually and understand cutting as basically losing water weight. What does "lost hours of cut time" mean? Would he be blasting it on stationary bike in a trash bag for hours on end or something?

Bathtub -> wrap in towels -> back in bathtub

mewse
May 2, 2006

I feel really bad for Thug Rose guys :negative:

mewse
May 2, 2006

We're missing the Coach Kavanagh tweet that uses the puppetmaster defense and says this is the best thing that could be done for Conor's career

mewse
May 2, 2006

dana white visibly enreddens

mewse
May 2, 2006

Boco_T posted:

What did the Reed Harris tweet say, its deleted now

From what I remember "I'm at the hospital, my hand might be broken, bunch of thugs attacked us"

mewse
May 2, 2006

:holymoley:

mewse
May 2, 2006

Le Saboteur posted:

The only way Conor gets released from the UFC would be if commissions refused to sanction his fights. Otherwise if they give him up Bellator will just scoop him up. But drat this is really something. I imagine they could shelf him for the term of his contract if they wanted to. I don't imagine he's fighting this year now.

The UFC contracts have durations attached?

Was Jones punished by the athletic commission when he drove into the pregnant woman and ran away? I feel like Conor should be suspended from the sport but this poo poo happened pretty far from field of play

mewse
May 2, 2006

Someone get "the wig"s phone number over to the Fertitta brothers, let's squash the beef old school vegas style

mewse
May 2, 2006

Do you guys think Dana is lobster red right now, or more of a fire truck shade of red

mewse
May 2, 2006

I think the athletic commission probably has grounds to pull Conor's license since he did premeditated assault on other registered athletes and directly caused the cancellation of 3 bouts from an event.

Not like he was ever gonna fight again anyway

mewse
May 2, 2006

Hack MMA writers plz use the headline "Is this the Munich of MMA?"

mewse
May 2, 2006

Here's the reference for the scorpex joke from a million pages ago

mewse
May 2, 2006

Tito Ortiz, not that bad!

mewse
May 2, 2006

Rigel posted:

From a quick lookup of NY laws, the possible charge is either 2nd degree assault (3-7 years prison), or 3rd degree assault (0-1 year jail). Its not clear to me which type of assault Conor's case falls under.

This ambulance chaser website seems to suggest he'll get 3rd degree because 2nd degree requires the prosecutor to prove Conor had intent to cause serious physical harm. 3rd degree should be easily provable with all that video tho:

quote:

Some of the lower levels of assault, third degree and some second degree assault, only require that the prosecution prove that the defendant acted recklessly with a dangerous weapon or was criminally negligent with a dangerous weapon. They do not have to prove that the defendant had intent in mind to cause the injury. While these lower levels have a lower threshold of proof, they still have some pretty severe penalties.

He probably pleas out and gets a slap on the wrist when he walks into then out of rehab

mewse
May 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

poo poo, cocaine would make you think, "This is a good idea! I'm gonna make a mess while the cameras are here." that spirals into "I defenestrated a dolly and now I'm in jail."

Dude needs a legit intervention or a cage or something.

God, defenestrate is the best word

mewse
May 2, 2006

Triticum Guzzler posted:

new york;s toughest criminals can all be found in the drunk tank overseen by ariel helwani's nightly vigil

:lol:

mewse
May 2, 2006

I guess I'm disagreeing with most of the thread but it makes sense you have to weigh in for your show money. In amateur boxing if there are no competitors in your weight class, you still have to weigh in to show that you were there and ready to compete before they make you walkover champion. When you're talking about a significant amount of money, the person has to show up and weigh in to show that they were ready to go even though the fight isn't happening. It's a lot less of a burden than actually having to compete, so it's a small thing in exchange for the pay.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Memento posted:

hey the cops say McGregor is 155, good enough for me!

So the charge is crim mischief 3, property value greater than $250

mewse
May 2, 2006

UFC should sue the commission now, there's no way any of their policies depend on the Official UFC Rankings(tm)

mewse
May 2, 2006

Felder has a loving 15-3 MMA record and they're treating it like he's a 0-4 can because he's not on the rankings.

mewse
May 2, 2006

*Conor's lawyer shows up*

Ariel: so like.. Conor's not even here??

mewse
May 2, 2006

NYSAC: We must preserve the integrity of the UFC championship
Dana White: What the gently caress are you talking about?!

mewse
May 2, 2006

Bubba Smith posted:

they'd have to call Ariel Helwani for a couple of favors...

eeesh, that bridge got burned a while ago

Ariel is currently waiting outside the fighter rankings where Conor is expected to drop a few points

mewse
May 2, 2006

kimbo305 posted:

Why is Ilir Latifi in on that?

He has a beard, duh

mewse
May 2, 2006

The Dave posted:

I had no idea you could have a fight that is only half for the title.

I think UFC were at the point where they'll do anything the NYSAC will actually allow them to do.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Luigi Thirty posted:

If Conor’s out on bail, are we going to get another Dumbass Rushes the Cage moment with him and Khabib?

He's not allowed at the event

mewse
May 2, 2006

kimbo305 posted:

If I'm the UFC, I let him go just so his fans can have something to be entertained about.
Ask him to apologize and have him do some yelling into the mic.

Even with Dana dodging every question yesterday about whether he'd work with Conor again, the dude is completely persona non grata with the org right now. Letting him have a microphone would be a huge betrayal to the people he attacked yesterday.

mewse
May 2, 2006

drat how did they scoop Ariel Helwani and his sources in the NYPD

mewse
May 2, 2006

lol

mewse
May 2, 2006

evobatman posted:

Then there is the part where he runs around yelling "BREAK THE WINDOWS! BREAK THE WINDOWS!"

Lol.. IANAL but I see Conor trying to plead out on lesser charges to avoid the felony convictions, esp with all the video evidence

mewse
May 2, 2006

kimbo305 posted:

It's just advanced technique, lads

Benefits Of Cross-training

mewse
May 2, 2006

I.N.R.I posted:

what was rogan saying? i was watching it illegally in russian and khabibs fight was even more 1 sided than any of his other ones

In R3 and R4 Joe was saying Khabib's striking sucks even tho he was lighting up Iaquinta with jabs

mewse
May 2, 2006

I agree with Rogan actually, I think Al taunted him into a standup fight which he won but it gave Al much better chances than being pretzeled against the cage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mewse
May 2, 2006

I was surprised Rose's left hook was just as effective as the first bout. Very impressed by Rose

• Locked thread