Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oliveoil
Apr 22, 2016

My girlfriend has a favorite restaurant but it's really far out of our way. I'd like to surprise her with her favorite dishes from this place, but one is a black seafood pasta and the other is some kind of lobster and baked egg appetizer eaten with bread.

Neither of these foods seem like something that would taste good after a 25- to 35-minute trip, and in fact when I've been in the area and offered to bring some back, she didn't want it for that reason.

I think it would be fun to surprise her with dinner some time but I don't want the pasta to be lukewarm and have that weird texture pasta gets when it's been sitting and cooling off in it's sauce for a while, nor would I like to give her the lobster and egg spread thing if it got chilled and firm.

Is there anything I can do to reliably keep it all warm ans fresh so that it still looks, tastes, and feels like it would if it was eaten immediately after being served?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread