Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
I apologize for the delay in responding to the reports made about this thread, it took a while to process things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I find it a little insincere that a thread dedicated to mocking and picking apart a terrible book suddenly gets upset when people mock their terrible book

What protects them against people pointing out how bad the idea is when the original inspiration for the project was pointing out bad an idea was?

the problem is there's basically no point to that discussion, it just turns the thread into a slapfight.

1st: "let's do project!"

2nd " ur dumb, also project is dumb"

1st: "your opinion is noted and will be ignored, moving on to the project. . . "

2nd: "NO PAY ATTENTION TO ME YOUR PROJECT IS BAD, I DEMAND YOU FEEL BAD"

When it comes to this kind of slapfight I'm going to err on the side of people who are trying to be constructive and to create something.

Also note that the specific posts I've dinged people for have been, specifically, low-effort empty stupid slander badposts that didn't even make semantic sense. The ONANSIS stuff was at least mildly amusing, but "how about not writing fanfiction" is just empty threadshitting to no purpose, and claiming that the writing of fanfiction is somehow "morally bankrupt" is taking internet self-righteousness to a ludicrous extreme.

edit: in the interest of not making GBS threads up this thread further I'm going to ask that this particular line of discussion be taken somewhere else if people want to continue it -- QQCS might be appropriate.

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Apr 12, 2018

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Mel Mudkiper posted:

D. Creative Convention is for creating writing, Book Barn is for talking about writing.

Good point. This thread will be moved over to Creative Convention. Note: CC has different rules than TBB.

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Apr 12, 2018

• Locked thread