Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Ahhh loving hell they actually awarded that goal to Kane in the end

Premier League: Tottenham goal at Stoke awarded to Harry Kane - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43731208

Salah's response

https://twitter.com/22mosalah/status/984102734117920768?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Der Shovel posted:

Alexis seems to be a marginal upgrade / sidegrade over two young, extremely promising and still developing players.

As has been said already, Alexis is an excellent player and United aren’t getting the best out of him. He’s not a marginal upgrade or side grade over Martial or Rashford.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

blue footed boobie posted:

As has been said already, Alexis is an excellent player and United aren’t getting the best out of him. He’s not a marginal upgrade or side grade over Martial or Rashford.

Sanchez was good 2nd half against City, so hopefully he's bedding in.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Will be pretty amazing if Kane beats him by one.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

gtkor posted:

Will be pretty amazing if Kane beats him by one.

He won't

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

I don't think he will either, but it would make for quite a few laughs if he did.

Really I would be happier if they finished above Liverpool, and don't really care if Salah wins the golden boot, but clearly Kane cares quite a bit.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
His daughter is safe, for now...

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Imagine being that self centered. He'll do well at Madrid

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Ninpo posted:

Not defending Mourinho, but it's baffling how the sidelined players all get revised into world class world beaters that'd walk into any 11 in the world.

I'm not sure anyone claimed that Anthony Martial is a world class world beater that could walk into any 11 in the world, maybe I missed it; if you could point it out for me so I can call that person an idiot ta.

Anyway Martial is a player with decent potential, just like Rashford, if Mourinho's inability to develop players and reliance on older expensive players results in them leaving I'd be quite frustrated if I were a United fan.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Mourinho has worked out that its not beneficial for him to develop young players. He doesn't need to stay in the job that long so can just buy players he thinks are already good. If he wins stuff, great. If not, he blames the clubs system and fucks off somewhere else.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
I wish Martial would stay, he's just so goddamn explosive when he's on, and he creates amazing moments.

That said, I totally get why he'd want out. He should get time centrally, IMO. Don't @ me or whatever

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

CyberPingu posted:

Premier League: Tottenham goal at Stoke awarded to Harry Kane - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43731208

Salah's response

Lol that's loving insane. It was no where near him.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

If I was Eriken I'd be livid over a teammates self-centeredness.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
The FA wasn't comfortable with him killing his child over this

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Sandwolf posted:

If I was Eriken I'd be livid over a teammates self-centeredness.

He did an interview for the official social media accounts after the match, and didn't seem to care. Was basically saying if he says it hit him, it did.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Ninpo posted:

Martial has 11 goals in 40 appearances. He had plenty of time near the start of the season and was typically patchy.

He's a young lad, of course he's going to be patchy, especially when he isn't getting regular starts and is being shunted all over the place instead of being allowed to play in his favoured position. 11 goals in 40 appearances is pretty good under those circumstances IMO, especially since he's capable of producing moments of absolute and sublime magic.

If I had to rank Martial, Alexis and Rashford on their current levels I don't know how I'd do it. All I do know is Martial is one of the most exciting young players in the world, his potential is immense and I believe he could actually realize that potential. If United do piss him away because Mourinho is an insane bully, it will probably prove to be an even bigger gently caress up than letting Pogba go.

Also, I would argue that Mourinho is poo poo at managing attacking players and fostering young players in general. I don't think it's a coincidence that pretty much all of United's creative / attacking players are constantly looking like shadows of their best days. So I dunno, if I was a young attacking player who wanted to make a career in football, I'd probably want out too.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
Martial was United's best attacker this season up until Mourinho signed Sanchez and moved him to the right/the bench. He's a brilliant player and will probably do great for his next club but oh well these things happen, at least United will get a big fee for him.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Swap Mhkitaryan for Martial, imo.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

wouldn't mind having him to replace Mahrez at Leicester

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Mhkitaryan is out for the rest of the season. Arsenal’s premier league season is over, but he was doing well and that will be a blow for the Europa League.

blue footed boobie fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Apr 12, 2018

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Whoever scores in Liverpool's next match, I'd like for the whole team to act like Salah scored whether he did or not.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Whoever scores in Liverpool's next match, I'd like for the whole team to act like Salah scored whether he did or not.

All their training should be centered around having Salah stand in werid positions and try to score trick shots that bounce off him.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

CyberPingu posted:

All their training should be centered around having Salah stand in werid positions and try to score trick shots that bounce off him.

Ah, the beachball method.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

CyberPingu posted:

I've not played football manager since they added training plans so obviously I'm not an expert but I think this would be less successful than their current plan of letting him just score a bunch of goals

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS
Lotta Liverpool fans going to be super butthurt if Kane wins it again.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Blinkz0rz posted:

Lotta Liverpool fans going to be super butthurt if Kane wins it again.

I'm not sure anyone really cares, tbh.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Mickolution posted:

I think Harry Kane does, and absolutely no-one else

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

CyberPingu posted:

Salah's response

hahahahhahah

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Salah should just start claiming every goal Liverpool score, no matter what.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Scroll down the replies on that tweet and it's Tits for Salah out of nowhere.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Diva Cupcake posted:

Thanks for bringing this to my attention

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

Mickolution posted:

Seems like CyberPingu does m8

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Diva Cupcake posted:

finally! a chance to see boobs on the internet

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
when does the next season's schedule get announced? over the summer, i assume, but is there a set date?

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

finally! a chance to see boobs on the internet

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
i love to kiss tittiess

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Bea Nanner posted:

when does the next season's schedule get announced? over the summer, i assume, but is there a set date?

I think i saw that they're announced just before if not the same day as the start of the world cup

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Blinkz0rz posted:

Seems like CyberPingu does m8

Nope

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Pep thinks City could bottle it.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/apr/13/manchester-city-tottenham-pep-guardiola-sergio-aguero

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

While that would be hilarious, I doubt it. Can see them losing to Spurs but surely they'll pick up five points from the other five matches even if they entirely poo poo the bed.

Swansea (H)
West Ham (A)
Huddersfield (H)
Brighton (H)
Southampton (A)

No way they lose three of those games... right?

• Locked thread