Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
is this a metaphor for bitcoin?

:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
holy poo poo I'm actually caught up with a butcoin thread :eyepop:

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

The other butt has dropped

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Jonny Nox posted:

I have grown accustomed to; and now need, this thread to be green.

green is correct
orange is incorrect, but more correct than grey (or gray)

Jonny Nox posted:

Edit: divabot, semicolons are just commas but moreso; right?

totally — but em-dashes are the new hotness

here's some for you to cut'n'paste: — — — — —

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

that's the worst rap ever recorded about bitcoins

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Crime on a Dime posted:

and that's saying something

in other news bitcoin is not like the internet has bitcoin twitter pissing and moaning in the correct manner

biglambda went into full meltdown on /r/buttcoin and tried calling me a pedo until i reported him and it suddenly got edited

in the meantime someone posted lambda's plans that maybe he could run scams on ethereum

it's good to know lam gave up his plans of being an ethereum scammer because he would be as loving incompetent at it as he is at posting was far too highly principled

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

divabot posted:

biglambda went into full meltdown on /r/buttcoin and tried calling me a pedo until i reported him and it suddenly got edited

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

divabot posted:

no idea who or what ur talking about but this sounds like some pretty epic drama that the people need to know about!

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

obstipator posted:

no idea who or what ur talking about but this sounds like some pretty epic drama that the people need to know about!

i enjoyed it

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Less about the drama you were involved in, more about the butts coins

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

Blade Runner posted:

Less about the drama you were involved in, more about the butts coins

im a replicant coiner. run my blade

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
you post on reddit using your real name? you are a saint right down to the apparent need to be martyred

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I'm seeing a massive dip in most of the charts at, uh, it looks like 2 AM? I'm still not used to reading these.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

oh thank god the bitcoin thread is back, i was getting worried i wouldn't be able to share a fun fact i've learned:

remember this (fairly :nws:) site, featuring some cosplayer advertising her sex services in exchange for bitcoin, and a bunch of angry hilarious bitcoiner comments, including some hinting that they were trying to scam her?

my friend, who likes her a lot and follows her on twitter (said friend is an intractable weeaboo) mentioned that that entire site is fake and the girl has publicly denounced it - it's run by scammers in California using pictures lifted from her gallery

bitcoin once again showing it's a beautiful matroishka doll of scammers scamming scammers forever :allears:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

obstipator posted:

still waiting for you to tell us all the full story of how those dirty beguiling SJW's and their safe spaces caused your unfunny fitness threads to not get the attention they deserve

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
beavis and buttcoin

ORIGINAL IDEA DO NOT STEAL

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

ate all the Oreos posted:

oh thank god the bitcoin thread is back, i was getting worried i wouldn't be able to share a fun fact i've learned:

remember this (fairly :nws:) site, featuring some cosplayer advertising her sex services in exchange for bitcoin, and a bunch of angry hilarious bitcoiner comments, including some hinting that they were trying to scam her?

my friend, who likes her a lot and follows her on twitter (said friend is an intractable weeaboo) mentioned that that entire site is fake and the girl has publicly denounced it - it's run by scammers in California using pictures lifted from her gallery

bitcoin once again showing it's a beautiful matroishka doll of scammers scamming scammers forever :allears:

your "friend"

:lol:

Horrormelon
Jan 28, 2009

Only Gallagher can save us now.

still waiting for you to tell us all the full story of how those dirty beguiling SJW's and their safe spaces caused your unfunny fitness threads to not get the attention they deserve

:drat:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

quote:

[–]Red-King6redditor for 1 week 2 points 5 hours ago

It doesn't matter how much control they have, you can't stop technology, at best you can postpone it. Sooner or later the Bank vs Fintech war is going to be like Libraries Vs The internet.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

...! posted:

your "friend"

:lol:

nah really, i'm more into yaoi and cute bois than anime girls :smug:

wait gently caress

HoboMan
Nov 4, 2010

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

i lost my leg in the Libraries Vs The internet wars of '03

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

for anyone who doesn't know, he wandered in to a lowtax thread to post about how buttmad he was that those awful feminazi SJW cucks were allowed to have a queer safe space thread in the computers forum!!! and how unfair it is that he's not allowed to troll them as he's entitled to, and then went off on a weird tangent about how nobody liked his fitness threads or something. lowtax just made fun of him, so later he went into the queer thread and made one incredibly :effort: post that i think was an attempt at trolling and either gave up or was probed, i didn't check

i'm sure he can tell us all why this was totally justified though, please go ahead and enlighten us :allears:

e: here we go, if you want to read some transphobic but incredibly hilarious whiny baby complaining: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3850238&pagenumber=3&perpage=40#post481636594

Shame Boy fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Apr 6, 2018

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

he insulted the cat thread?!?

HoboMan
Nov 4, 2010

Boxturret posted:

he insulted the cat thread?!?

This is the biggest reason he's on my shitlist, tbh

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

the cat thread is a structural element of the forums if you touch it the whole site will collapse

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Crime on a Dime posted:

im a replicant coiner. run my blade

Please look up and to the left, then cough

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Boxturret posted:

the cat thread is a structural element of the forums if you touch it the whole site will collapse

load-bearing shitposts

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

for anyone who doesn't know, he wandered in to a lowtax thread to post about how buttmad he was that those awful feminazi SJW cucks were allowed to have a queer safe space thread in the computers forum!!! and how unfair it is that he's not allowed to troll them as he's entitled to, and then went off on a weird tangent about how nobody liked his fitness threads or something. lowtax just made fun of him, so later he went into the queer thread and made one incredibly :effort: post that i think was an attempt at trolling and either gave up or was probed, i didn't check

i'm sure he can tell us all why this was totally justified though, please go ahead and enlighten us :allears:

e: here we go, if you want to read some transphobic but incredibly hilarious whiny baby complaining: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3850238&pagenumber=3&perpage=40#post481636594

No, no, my threads can't be bad

It is a liberal conspiracy you see

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
what happened to Bitfinex'ed?

did the Tether mafia get him?

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Crime on a Dime posted:

that sounds like a challenge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwX7I7OPBLA

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Blade Runner posted:

No, no, my threads can't be bad

It is a liberal conspiracy you see

checks out

today's hell that i literally asked for: currently reviewing this masterpiece of the bitcoiner's art. It's by a proper economics prof!! ... who's an Austrian, a Bitcoin Maximalist and a bitcoin carnivore.

Seven chapters explaining why Austrian economics is correct and why "sound money" is a meaningful term and not just Austrian cultist jargon, two explaining why bitcoin fits his requirements and one of answers to why bitcoin isn't just used by criminals and why the incredibly stupid wastefulness of proof-of-work mining is good actually. Introduction is by NN Taleb, because birds of a feather.

The footnotes are sparse but revelatory - a cite that the word “salary” derives from the Latin sal, for salt, is not to any mainstream linguistic reference, but to “Whither Gold?” by Austrian economist Antal Fekete, a 1996 essay on why “delay in putting the cancer-fighting gold corpuscles back into the monetary bloodstream may bring about a credit collapse and chaotic conditions in the world economy, eclipsing the memory of the Great Depression.”

oh, and the history of money is cited not to any such tawdry sources as historians or economists, but to Nick Szabo.

i haven't ploughed through the text itself yet. i'm expecting it to be high on narrative and to eschew such frippery as empirical results or facts.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

remember that a szabo is 1.000.000.000.000 ether

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Boxturret posted:

remember that a szabo is 1.000.000.000.000 ether

well that explains it obv

oh, that essay "Whither Gold?" was a prize winner in a competition by the Foundation for the Advancement of Monetary Education, a gold advocacy thinktank who stress their sensible non-conspiracist views:

quote:

We do not believe in conspiracy theories, but there are people that do not want you to have or share this information. They are making huge sums of money, and they want to protect and continue with a system that enriches themselves at our expense.

The Federal Reserve for instance has a virtually unlimited budget, and thousands of “experts” and pundits on payroll providing op-eds to newspapers, interviews on talk-shows and news programs – even comic books for children.

i mean at least they didn't crack out the parentheses

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

there should be a plugin that takes "I'm not Xist, but" and removes the not and replaces the but with and

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
And removes the "not"

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

divabot posted:

well that explains it obv

oh, that essay "Whither Gold?" was a prize winner in a competition by the Foundation for the Advancement of Monetary Education, a gold advocacy thinktank who stress their sensible non-conspiracist views:

i mean at least they didn't crack out the parentheses

but what is their opinion of doctor ron paul

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Boxturret posted:

there should be a plugin that takes "I'm Xist, and" and removes the not and replaces the but with and

Paste this into Tampermonkey/Greasemonkey.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

coinbase might spend over $100 million......for a quick hit of bitcoin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

:toot:

• Locked thread