Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

divabot posted:

here's some for you to cut'n'paste: —

calling dibs on this one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

ahaha, that's what happened to 21.co after their brilliant idea didn't work out? they changed their name and came up with an even dumber idea? lol

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

pakistan just issued a similar ban to india's

MrAptronym
Jan 4, 2007

"...And then there was Bitcoin."
wow, I never even knew 21.co rebranded. I miss the days when the future was decentralized and my fridge could mine a quick hit of bitcoin.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
and to think 21.co was this close to having a mining chip embedded into every single electronic device in the world...

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

Alpha Mayo posted:

what happened to Bitfinex'ed?

did the Tether mafia get him?

He's still there, just protected likely as he got swarmed by bots

edit: didn't see he hadn't posted in a few days. Ok then he's probably dead

Happy_Misanthrope fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Apr 7, 2018

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica

Happy_Misanthrope posted:

He's still there, just protected likely as he got swarmed by bots

edit: didn't see he hadn't posted in a few days. Ok then he's probably dead

Real possibility:

https://twitter.com/NullZeroX/status/982334650512171008

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
a friend pinged me. she's been an eMusic subscriber since they started 20 years ago. a minor musical download service, but with surprising customer loyalty given they've gone broke and been bought out repeatedly.

she's about to sign off, because they're having ... a Kodak moment.

they even called it a "light paper".

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~

Yeah apparently some poo poo may be going down with Bitfinex. Hundreds of millions and drug cartels involved? What if Bitfinex'ed is in witness protection :tinfoil:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

i just love how bitfinex made a press release basically threatening bitfinexed with legal action causing bitfinexed to start taking donations to fund a legal defence, but then a few months later bitfinex made a snide comment about scammers asking for donations forcing bitfinexed to reveal that they had in fact hired a lawyer and then bitfinex/ its insane supporters started spamming the lawyer with ten thousand dolphin newsletters and tried to get him fired

bitcoin's weird, don't use it imho

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
First you thought your unregulated exchange was safe. Then you found out that local bitcoin is a bad idea. What next?! That the bitfinex trillions are fake?!

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Axe-man posted:

First you thought your unregulated exchange was safe. Then you found out that local bitcoin is a bad idea. What next?! That the bitfinex trillions are fake?!

that is an outrageous suggestion and my attorney at lol shall be serving you via twitter dm shortly

pgroce
Oct 24, 2002

Axe-man posted:

come now, they aren't fake, they're just the proceeds from billions of dollars of international narcotics trafficking.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

see they can't get audited because if the banks found out which accounts were theirs they'd shut them down in an instant

and also the money is from their many illegal endeavours, BUT AT LEAST ITS REAL!

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

pgroce posted:

come now, they aren't fake, they're just the proceeds from billions of dollars of international narcotics trafficking.

tether being backed entirely by laundered drug money is even more hilarious than tether being backed by nothing :allears:

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."
wow apparently this is good for bitcoin

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
https://twitter.com/steevedrew/status/982007602379882498

...!
Oct 5, 2003

buttfinex imo

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

...! posted:

buttfinex imo

:EYEPOP!:

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

divabot posted:

well that explains it obv

oh, that essay "Whither Gold?" was a prize winner in a competition by the Foundation for the Advancement of Monetary Education, a gold advocacy thinktank who stress their sensible non-conspiracist views:

wait until you read my blockbuster essay of lichtensteinian economics, "wither gold?"

i think you'll like how

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

I'm completely lost and have no idea what's going on. I'll be at my bunker.

If you need any diplomatic or mineral stuff just call me. If you plan to nuke India please give me a 5 minute warning to close the windows!

Also Iapetus sucks!

quote:

Earn originally originally was developing chips and hardware for cryptocurrency mining. It has since pivoted to crypto-based messaging technology, which some believe could someday be used to accept/decline online advertising.

If the equity value ended at around $120 million it would basically be break-even for Earn's Series C investors, given stock preferences, but earlier backers will be easily in the black because of Earn's early cryptocurrency activities.

$120 million for a company that sold mining toasters and is pivoting to paid white/blacklists.

i'm also also the lack of the most basic spell checking.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

wasn't their "crypto messaging technology" just a thing where "experts" could sign up for an account and nerds could pay them butts to have them answer a question. so pretty much "twitter...but with bitcoin paywalls!"

...!
Oct 5, 2003

itym buttcoin paywalls

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Lutha Mahtin posted:

wasn't their "crypto messaging technology" just a thing where "experts" could sign up for an account and nerds could pay them butts to have them answer a question. so pretty much "twitter...but with bitcoin paywalls!"

yeah

what a deal

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
lmbo zuarg bought more shitcoins in a fit of mania and then locked his thread

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

lmbo zuarg bought more shitcoins in a fit of mania and then locked his thread

"that's our zaurg! "

laughtrack

freeze frame

fade to black

laughter becomes screaming

tv explodes

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
can we quarantine zrguachat to his own thread because he's a worthless pissbabby who doesn't need more attention elsewhere/that poo poo stinks enough in bfc already

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

Weatherman posted:

can we quarantine zrguachat to his own thread because he's a worthless pissbabby who doesn't need more attention elsewhere/that poo poo stinks enough in bfc already

I think he needs more attention from his carers :ohdear:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Happy_Misanthrope posted:

wow apparently this is good for bitcoin

There was a huge buy at around 9PM EDT. That's a little odd, but maybe some rich idiot decided to buy in?

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Xelkelvos posted:

There was a huge buy at around 9PM EDT. That's a little odd, but maybe some rich idiot decided to buy in? An exchange selling bitcoin to itself to maintain price.

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
shitcoin

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Weatherman posted:

where else am i gonna poo poo on guzar if he locks his thread like a pissbaby, gawd

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

where else am i gonna poo poo on guzar if he locks his thread like a pissbaby, gawd

write them all out in notepad and then post all 100k words at once when the thread gets unlocked?

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Boxturret posted:

write them all out in notepad and then post all 100k words at once when the thread gets unlocked?

that sounds like a lot of effort to go through for shitposting in a zaugr thread

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

that sounds like a lot of effort to go through for shitposting in a zaugr thread

it can just be "sell you are poo poo coins" written 20k times if you feel like it

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

i can't believe you pos-ters crashed the lambo while i was gone.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

has anyone said gazur yet

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Ghostlight posted:

i can't believe you pos-ters crashed the lambo while i was gone.

lol you can't afford to just buy another one, filthy nocoiner

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
has anyone said zaurgcoin yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy