Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Cadet
Jun 1, 2000

Destruction, hence, like creation, is one of Nature's mandates.
I went looking for the previous thread only to find it archived with the last post being from March of last year. When we last hear from William Patrick Corgan he was roaming the countryside making videos of his experiences. The remaining months of 2017 were not kind to William. The remasters seem to have ground to a halt right before the releases that most people desperately want remastered, the final Metro show was never released and he put out yet another solo album which failed to set the world on fire.

With Ogilala crashing and burning William tried to pull the same trick twice. He renounced his name of William, self-identified as a Billy and proclaimed he was getting the band back together in late January 2018 . As recently as a few weeks ago we are looking at an imminent release of a new Smashing Pumpkins album with a line up of Billy, James, Jimmy, and D'arcy...just loving with you. Of course anything with Billy will have drama attached to it. D'arcy will not be included in this joyous reunion, instead of trying to go for Melissa auf der Maur they will keep Jeff Schroeder who joined in 2007.

2018 is shaping up to be a prominent year for the remaining 50-60 fans that remain, rumours of the new double album in May, a summer arena tour kicking off in July, the most complete lineup since the Metro show in 2000 walked off the stage. Is there anyone left who gives a poo poo at this point? I'll probably pick up the album, hell I might travel and go to a show as apparently tickets are not moving quickly. Maybe I'll get drunk and pass out listening to 1979 while thinking of better times when the world made sense and silver pants were cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet
Jun 1, 2000

Quick take on Solara: It sounds like a B-side from Zeitgeist right up to the production. Billy has managed to generate ~70 seconds of music and lyrics and then repeated it another 3 times to pad out the length of the song. Billy has been plagued with lovely production for everything after Zwan, he keeps bringing his voice way too loud into the mix.

Space Cadet
Jun 1, 2000

So Billy is heading out on a solo tour next month, limited dates and locations but apparently he is pulling songs from his whole catalogue. In one show you could get a smattering of tracks from the following: The Smashing Pumpkins, Zwan, The Future Embrace, Smashing pumpkins, and his WPC album. I'll give him credit, it has the potential to be a super weird show depending on the tracks he pulls out.

Space Cadet
Jun 1, 2000

I think by the time they played that show only Jimmy was still speaking to Billy anymore and even Melissa was done with his bullshit.