Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

The Zwan album was good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

i vaguely remember that video. a google search turned up nothing but i'm content to let it rot in the annals of history like all of Billy's post-zeitgeist output.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

Space Cadet posted:

Quick take on Solara: It sounds like a B-side from Zeitgeist right up to the production. Billy has managed to generate ~70 seconds of music and lyrics and then repeated it another 3 times to pad out the length of the song. Billy has been plagued with lovely production for everything after Zwan, he keeps bringing his voice way too loud into the mix.

That's pretty much how i feel about it. The vocals are and have been stealing the action from the guitars. Oh well.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

Trip report: Listened to Melancholy last night while making dinner and it's still good. I'm also old.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

Here Is No Why is kind of a filler-type track but I've always loved it. Inspired riffage. That's my story.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

This album made me go back and give Zeitgeist another chance.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

I slept on Adore when I was younger but I've been listening to it lately, most of it for the first time. For Martha is just majestic.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

It"s okay. I like it more than Solara but it's pretty dang similiar isn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

hatelull posted:

I mean, if we're gonna go that far I question the existence of Monuments to an Elegy on that service.

Zwan is absent just to spite the other band members that were not Chamberlain right? I didn't hate that album honestly.

In typical billy fashion the best zwan song (spilled milk) isn't on any album and was never properly recorded.