Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

His creepy on purpose shtick worked a lot better before he gained weight.

This is all I see when I look at him now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

SUNKOS posted:

Overly excited by the prospect of a properly mastered and mixed version of Saturnine with that whole wall of sound production accompanying that sludgy drone and Al Jourgensen-styled vocal effects as well. It's so heavy and simple but ripe for burying things in the mix and adding flourishes throughout. If they could incorporate that nightmarish synth sound Matt Walker focused on for his mix of the track it would be perfect. Love the outro too, gives the impression that it was meant for Machina I as the track before The Crying Tree of Mercury and given the hiss and how similar it sounds to the end of the hidden track in Glass and the Ghost Children, I'm fairly convinced that Saturnine was meant to go there on the tracklisting but was pulled for some reason, it fits between both songs perfectly.

The Machina II version of Saturnine is my favorite Pumpkins song of all time. I love that era where they experimented with massive distortion - the end of Blue Skies Bring Tears has kind of the same vibe. I want more of that, and on proper releases to boot.

CornHolio fucked around with this message at 19:05 on May 22, 2023

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Noise Machine posted:

Yeah, it was basically the tonal opposite of Requiem for A Dream.

Sadly I think Billy confirmed that everything in the soundtrack were rough mixes and none of it would be in the upcoming Zwan boxset.

Wait what upcoming Zwan boxset? Does that imply a rerelease on vinyl? And maybe the Machine/Machine II vinyl release right behind it???

Don't get my hopes up man!

CornHolio fucked around with this message at 03:24 on May 25, 2023

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I'll believe it when I see it for sale.

Also man, looking at the picture in that article, I forgot I had such a crush on Paz.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Not to start a big religion argument but how you can be a big Christian and also believe in lizard people doesn't make sense to me. If man was made in God's image then what does that make lizard people?

clearly they were made in the Lizard God's image.

One thing I've learned is that modern Christianity generally isn't monotheistic. If anything it's duotheistic as most tend to believe good and evil, and thus God and Satan, are equal beings. Or you know, Jesus and Lizardman.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

MassRafTer posted:

You would love ATUM since Billy sings about poo poo that bugs him, cancel culture!

I bought ATUM on vinyl a few weeks ago, seeing it at a small indie record shop on the outer banks. I'd listened to it before, didn't really care for it but figured what the hell and grabbed it. I listened to it in its entirety last night on my good system.

I honestly think there is a good album in there... like a strong 13-15 songs. I'd have to go through and find them, but more than once I thought "hrm, this isn't bad at all" and then the next song was really dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

syntaxfunction posted:

I don't think anyone is hearing Eye and going "gently caress this it hasn't got enough guitars".

On the other hand though, I'd be down to hear a guitar-heavy version of Eye. I still think the heavy version of Satur9 that was on Machina II was way better than the electronic version on Judas O.