Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

olives black posted:

holy lol

imagine giving a poo poo that Billy was the only person on stage taking this seriously

"but mah immersion" :qq:

I remember this, and they were gonna do some weird web toon series with them in the Glass and the Ghost Children characters.

It all sounded just as dumb back then too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

polyester concept posted:

billy's new album is out today and it's a bluegrass album

I can’t for the life of me tell if you’re joking or not.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

It's like the Lumberjack Dexter thing. You can say it out loud in front of people who haven't experienced it, and they'll likely not believe you.

And like Dexter I’m glad I checked out when I did.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

There are a lot of great jazz drummers out there. I’ve recently been listening to a lot of Max Roach and Art Blakey, myself.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Did Billy ever end up suing Monte over those leaked demos from a few years back?

I miss getting Smashing Pumpkin demos.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

DrVenkman posted:

The podcast RIVALS did a pretty funny episode about the one-sided rivalry between Corgan and Stephen Malkmus from Pavement for a fairly innocuous line in a song written in like 1994. You would think that Corgan had gotten over it by now but every now and then it resurfaces and he rants all over again.

It hurts him deeply. It hurts him deeply in his heart. *points to Superman S on his shirt*

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

I still have a sealed copy of the original vinyl release of Siamese Dream I bought, circa 1998. This might be one of the rare exceptions where sealed isn't worth as much as an opened copy because I'm not 100% sure what the vinyl color is. My buddy bought a copy at the same time and store that I did, and his I believe ended up being pink so chances are mine is as well.

Looking at prices on discogs, it is miiiighty tempting to open it...

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

actionjackson posted:

why didn't you open it and listen to it

If I wanted to listen to it, I already had it on CD.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

actionjackson posted:

vinyl is better though

did you just buy it as an investment to sell later?

:shrug:

I never got around to opening it and after a certain point it felt weird if I were to open it. I never had much desire to sell it... until maybe now.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

CherryCola posted:

As someone who was extremely active on the official boards when that album came out, people were going full beautiful mind on the SECRET MESSAGES in Machina. It was a whole loving thing.

I remember being on the Netphoria boards at the same and we were all pointing and laughing at the shenanigans over at the official board.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/1333698369357660161?s=21

lmao

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

hatelull posted:

Chamberlain and Schroeder do the Amoeba "What's in my Bag (Home Edition)" ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trOxYyaGMS0

Nothing too crazy. Chamberlain pulls a lot of jazz.

Full embarrassing disclosure: I have Another Green World. Have listened to it often. No loving clue Phil Collins drummed on that thing.

Jimmy needs to come join us in the vinyl records thread. The other guy can too I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Mellon Collie and Machina are two completely different albums what the gently caress even is a "sequel" to both of them?