Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Cao Ni Ma posted:

If anything nanami leaving the store unattended for like an hour while the kids played to be the mentor is a bigger roadblock to the theory than their expressions being common on camp characters :v:

She works in the Gundam Base Tokyo in the Diver CityCentury mall. Famous for having pretty much anything relating to Gundam. It's not going to be unattended.

-e-
Magee calls himself Onee-san.

Lurking Haro fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Apr 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

RillAkBea posted:

According to the the TV guide in today's episode Momoka tries to get the boys to join soccer club again but they tell her to shove it and go on an item fetch quest with Sarah.

Now I know why she will pilot a Kapool.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

I can see you dropping your items if you ‘die’, which would really suck considering they were on a giant fetch quest.

AuraSarah getting squashed wouldn't be good for the internet, either.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Video game side lets you gunpla battle with people across the world and have easy PVE stuff. It makes sense as a side content kind of business

Nothing stopped the Plavsky system from working as a remote system with simulated Gunpla.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Xarbala posted:

To be fair, the idea of really big cultural-phenomena super mmos like you see in anime does seem pretty laughable in this day and age, VR or no.

Megahit MMO Sword Art Online with an amazing launch playerbase of 10k people.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

This show is worthless, worthless I say, if we never get to see what kind of mission a BearGuy Fest is :colbert:.

I think we're in for a good show if the Char/Rival character is capable of getting distracted by fuzzy widdle paws :3:.

edit: What were the grunt mobile suits from the first few waves?

All enemies in this campaign were from G Gundam.
Those ones were the Death/Dark Army.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Kanos posted:

You know, a thought occurs that Magee was actually kind of prescient when asking the kids if they hated GBN after their first outing. Except for Sarah, Magee, and now Kyoya, every single person they've met in GBN has either tried to scam them, beat them up, or scam them and then beat them up.

Beating each other up is kind of the main draw of the game.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Sazabi posted:

You already have build quality, pilot skill, and B's specials like trans-am or hyper mode or the ability to build a disguise model the exact same shape or your real model with zero mobility problems. So I'm thinking gunpla points can only translate to unlocking minor passives like increased energy and ammo capacity, extra hanger slots, faster repair times, or ability to play longer than 2 hours and access to harder missions.

It'd be a bummer if you could only do 4 missions a day and had to either wait or pay to reset your mission cap.

Doesn't the 2 hour time limit apply to minors only?

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Hunter Noventa posted:

I think that's specific to our protagonist, like 'I only have 2 hours before I have to go home and do homework'

Schubalts posted:

Also they were only allowed to play at all after they turned 15.

Just rewatched it and the 2 hour limit is really just one of Riku's conditions to play, along with properly doing his homework.

Age limit is 14 years or entering second year of junior high school.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Zodack posted:

If Magee isn't the gunpla store lady I'm out

She was dressing up Momoka in episode 2 while the crew was talking with Magee.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Kanos posted:

It's sort of weird that they bothered to establish that you need a gunpla to have a humanoid avatar with Momoka and Sarah has hung out with them for basically weeks now and they've never wondered "huh Sarah where's your gunpla?"

I'm hoping the show gets its Build Strike vs Zaku Amazing soon.

No, you need a proper macguffin triangle. Momoka was a Haro because she used a guest triangle at first.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

tsob posted:

It probably still has the sonic cannon on the waist. We'll, it's definitely physically still there; so it's probably not had it's functionality removed. It's also more likely to dribble and kick the mini-Kapool than to simply dive at stuff I would imagine.

Edit: I'm biased towards loving it both because it's not yet another Bearguy, but is a Kapool and Kapool are awesome.

Comedy option: It is now a vuvuzela.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Sazabi posted:

What do you think Sarah does in the interim? Is she goingon adventures with other groups? Does she ever eat? Does she need to eat? Can she eat? Does she gather discarded gunpla boxesand make a little homeless shelter in the corner of the main lobby? Can she evenleave that lobby and just go sleep in one of the replica towns?

Hopefully the next episode spends most of its run time explaining more lovely game mechanics.

Besides being Aura, she could also be a sick kid stuck in the hospital.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The english sub translate it as "This is how it looks when you battle by controlling actual Gunpla". The episode's also titled "Past and Future", so it's entirely possible.

Aila's and Reiji's daughter from the Island Wars special has a similar cross-shaped badge like Sarah's flower necklace, so that could be another connection if they decide to go that way.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Sazabi posted:

The only other explanation besides being a relative of Reji and Aila is her being another glitch in the system like the devil gundam. Am I missing something here? Because it's glaringly obvious she don't belong and has weird tendencies.

Her being Aura is the currently most plausible theory.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Sazabi posted:

Was she the pink haired idol? Remind me what was great about her?

Yes, the idol. I mainly remember her as Ricardo's love interest.

Ricardo giving away impromptu gunpla to woo women :allears:

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

drrockso20 posted:

I will never understand the fascination Japanese culture has with Soccer inspired attacks, it never results in anything actually cool or interesting

One soccer show had a Jet Stream Attack copy, so it goes in circles. I think it was Gambare Kickers.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Raxivace posted:

If they're trying to imply a connection to Build Fighters I'm surprised that they didn't try and have Neet guy's group dissolve at the time that plavsky particles were destroyed or whatever for a while there.

Might have explained the creation and rise of GBN to fill in a now unfilled niche, though obviously that would be complicated by the particles being remade by Nils and Caroline, the existence of Try etc.

It's sadly not the Build Fighters dimension. The Gunpla Battle machines were hexagon shaped. Any connection would come from Sarah.
Maybe this is the Battle Network version and they went with the Internet instead of robotsreal Gunpla battle.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Sazabi posted:

When did you start seeing 12 year old cartoon girls in a sexual way?

Nanami dressing her up was total fan service.
Momoka is also just a year younger than Fumina and look at what they did to her.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Kanos posted:

That's especially multi-layered, since the Japanese title of MS Saga was Gundam True Odyssey: The Legend of Lost G, not MS Saga: A New Dawn.

It's so similar that it almost has to be a reference, though.

That's what's written underneath the Beargguy Quest title, just with a B instead :ssh:
Seems like the translator got the reference.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Taintrunner posted:

Where can I get the Zaku with the giant halo sticking out of his head

Look for RWS-119 EWAC Zack gunpla.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Blaze Dragon posted:

No kidding, for a literally illegal powerup, it sure is completely loving worthless. I can't even care about the glitches because we've seen they are completely temporary and easily stopped by merely stopping the Break Decal instead so...why are they worried about them again?

I believe there to be lasting effects and shut will start to malfunction without anyone using them after a certain amount of damage is done.
Thankfully it can be all fixed with a Gunpla battle.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Mordja posted:

Agreed,. everyone knows the real drug is gunpla itself.

Injection-mold it right in my veins.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

I'm disappointed the Game Master isn't a GM.

The suits also forgot to tell them they are just rolling out the new microtransaction content. They are still debugging it.

(Break decal guy might actually be an actual employee)

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

BizarroAzrael posted:

How long is the series going to go? I originally had the impression it was going to be 23-26ish, but right now it seems like it could be more like 13?

They just announced the 2nd cour theme song, so three more months.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Sazabi posted:

Would have been a great opportunity for Riku to Target the joints, accuse Haro of not building his gunpla with love, and then yelling really loud gibberish and calling it a special attack.

But the show isn't that good. So nonsense wins in the end.

Also am I wrong or was the Haro just mad because he didn't like the controls in GBN and was salty no one had to repair their toys after every match? Cause that might be the most human thing I've seen in this show.

Evil Haro just has the same complaints anybody else has about the show.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's a bit like saying "Arcade games can make a comeback at any time, no seriously look there's a working Point Blank machine at the local bar." Sure, they have one that still works and people play it. Namco's still not going to fork out cash to make more lightgun cabs when they can print PS4 games on blu-ray enmasse instead.

It's not Namco, but...

The real reason GPD is dead is that it's "just" a duel arcade game. Tsukasa even said the only difference is that the machine smashes actual plastic together. I bet they could just turn a GPD machine into an GBN interface.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

So Ayame is going to be the main token girl member now? The lack of Momoka in the new OP is disturbing. At least MageeXRommel looks promising.

The kid from Ayame's old force has its own chibi force, huh?

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

I have the feeling the source for this might be is something wonderful or horrifying.

Lurking Haro fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jul 10, 2018

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

wheres the fricken episode?!?!

RillAkBea posted:

[...]
And it looks like no new episode next week.

Episode got too interesting and they have to add more people praising the MC.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Sazabi posted:

You could even argue that her gunpla evolves with a character arc. A decent one even. Which is more than anyone has in the rest of Try or Build.

Also wanna know where those three placed on the top 100 list. Cause I'm thinking Sei and Reji are less than five apart, but Reji probably placed decently high. Yet I don't expect fumina to make it past 90. It's a real thought puzzle.

Reiji was #78, Fumina #72 and Sei #70.

https://www.nhk.or.jp/anime/gundam/ranking/

e;fb :argh:

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Putting the :hurr: reaction by the administration aside, this will lead to connecting the old Gunpla Battle system to GBN and transfer Sarah over there, right?

Also, where are my loving Gundam fights?!

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Turns out it isn't Sarah who's at fault but everybody is loving their Gunpla too much.
That memory leak is what created her in the first place.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

A Big... Dog posted:

No episode this week?

Not that I'm... Into it.... Or anything

It's a Tuesday show.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

BizarroAzrael posted:

Skimmed through, saw no fights. See you next week.

They only have two more episodes? The champ still needs to switch to the white colour scheme from the op which isn't as good as the current one.

He did switch by ripping off his black coat near the end.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Ayame has three clones she can spawn from colored balls which can fuse into a gun and those haven't shown up yet.

Next week is the finale, right?

-e-
Aww, penultimate.

Lurking Haro fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Sep 15, 2018

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

The only interesting thing in the preview was real-life Magee.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

And he wants the protagonist to succeed! When they went all super expressive screaming during the fight, it made no sense because the Champ wasn't actually emotionally invested in the outcome. It seemed like he set the whole thing up to test Riku? All he wanted as to see if Riku was strong enough to win the fight.

Meanwhile, Rommel actually made an emotional argument about why he cared more about saving GBN than Sara, and the Administrator wanted to destroy Sara the whole time because preserving GBN was his job. Why weren't either of them the final foe?

I expected the Admin to kidnap or backstab delete Sarah, but then I remembered this is Build Divers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Blaze Dragon posted:

He tried, but GBN is so badly coded that a simple user can actually out-rank an admin and stop them from doing their job.

This is pretty lovely programming, guys. Under no circumstances should this happen, but this is actually a GBN feature. It's a wonder this thing even works.

Hey, it was programmed by a bird with a beer belly after all, what do you expect?

• Locked thread