Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I want to believe Nanami is secretly the cool high rank mentor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I know it won't be the case and she'll be the AI spirit of all gunpla or something, but I kinda hope the twist with Sarah is that she's actually just like a 6 year old or something, and that's it.

I also choose to interpret all of these Wing references as hinting at Frozen Teardrop.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Riku didn't get clowned on because this is a kids show, for kids, just like Build Fighters.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Boy there suuuuuuuuuure are a lot of Wing suits showing up.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The drones looked like Virgos to me, or at least based on them.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Lurking Haro posted:

She was dressing up Momoka in episode 2 while the crew was talking with Magee.

No that was her identical twin, who has the same name.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Also reading arguments about stock gunpla tier lists.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Build Fighters episodes also had like, individual stories with recurring characters, and things that happen.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

drrockso20 posted:

Also really hope that her custom Kapool has some interesting gimmick to it, cause looking at it now makes it seem a million times lamer than the stock model since her customising of it seems to have involved removing pretty much every weapon the suit had for no real reason(and considering the Kapool doesn't have a particularly great arsenal in the first place that's really saying something), she even blunted the loving claws, and those are like at least 30% of the point of using an aquatic MS in the first place

I can forgive it because it looks like a penguin, and will apparently contain a smaller Kapool inside it.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Ogre guy wasn't really a bad guy. Maybe a bit of an rear end, but he is looking to enjoy himself.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Kirara was the best character in BF and also a good example of why it was good.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Everything others have said is true, and she used a Gerbera Tetra which marks her as having good taste.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Feels bad to compare this to GGO. It's not gundams, but if you liked the way BF did things, you'll probably dig GGO which so far has been knocking it out of the park.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

This was a good episode that gave me more hope for the show. All the new gunpla were good and they actually made use of the SD one the way Try was supposed to, the battle was not quite at BF's highs but certainly better than anything in Try, and the peanut gallery were good. It feels like a return to the cast dynamics of BF, even if the reason the side characters are there was a bit forced. Momokapool is great and I want one.

And in general I get that they wouldn't need to show us the force leaders and Ayame in the real world, it would be kind of disappointing if they didn't. Though I'm guessing they're going to set up Koichi and Ayame so the person behind her will probably appear at least.

Also Magee's butt is going to reach critical mass before the season ends.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Maybe every other new player is always just a massive scrub that dies immediately and Riku and friends are special by virtue of not being that.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Monaghan posted:

Sorry she's a girl, thereby she must had an SD or a "Cute" gunpla.

I really hate how that's still a thing three series in.

I mind that trend significantly less than the "woman working in a gunpla store who doesn't know anything about gundam" trend. Like come on guys. How many times does cranky grandpa Tomino have to yell about how gundam has female fans?

chumbler fucked around with this message at 23:30 on May 22, 2018

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Break decal effects are eventually going to progress to colony drops and moonlight butterfly if the writers have a clue.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

If you die in gbn you die in real life.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I am disappointed that not everyone in ogre force is an ogre.

Also, uhhh youtube?

chumbler fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Jun 2, 2018

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Divers is extremely kids show, with all of the flaws inherent. I think it will probably end up better than Try because we at least have some prior introduction to and investment in the ostensible tournament opponents.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The main thing I'm interested in is just finding out how all these folks are in the real world. Not that the protagonists need to meet them, but at least some vignettes about Ayame, Rommel, Kyouya, and Magee doing stuff on their own in the real world.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I wish this guy had been the protagonist.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Considering Tsukasa is the antagonist, Koichi and Ayame really should have been the protagonists considering they like actually have some connection to him. They also have literally anything at all memorable about them compared to the empty void of Riku and Yuki who practically seems to be getting written out of the show.

I mean I know the answer is kids show so kid lead and bad writing, but still.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Potsticker posted:

I feel like we can all agree that Riku and Yukki having some character and investment in what they're doing would improve the show a whole heck of a lot.

Or having literally any character or charisma at all.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Having now seen episode 13, that could have been the first episode oft he series and basically nothing would have been lost. Like there would have to be an explanation relating to Ayame's betrayal but that's about it. Everything else could just be written off as just background to be assumed. I actually even kinda liked it, though the messenger saying condition 1 was don't tell anybody while somebody else is right there was a bit odd.

Also the Astray No Name rules.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

That is a rad dog.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Kanos posted:

I think Magee has had as much or more screentime at this point than Yukki and Momoka.

You say that like it's a problem. The show could, if anything, use more Magee.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The real question is whether the Momokapool upgrade will be to put it inside an even bigger Momokapool, or an upgrade to a different type of penguin.

Also I was kinda hoping Ayame would end up upgrading to the gunpla she was trying to get for her old friends.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I am torn between wanting a Tallgeese with wings vernier boosters of light and not wanting to mess with perfection.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Funnels are for losers (excluding the Nu gundam).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Zedd posted:

*Tango music* Maybe if the Mejin himself build one. *Tango fades*

hosed up that we never got the Turn Amazing.

• Locked thread