Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Bloody Pom posted:

This show is making me wish there was an actual MMO that used RF-enabled gunpla as avatars, it'd give me an incentive to start collecting them again.

Oh no. :shepspends:

Well at least the Gundam Breaker games are fun, and fill a somewhat similar niche(and we're getting one released here in the US in June)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

taichara posted:

Isn't the wolf dude in the next episode paired up with a custom Altron in the OP?

I'd have to double check, but I think it might be more of a Dragon Gundam custom

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Overlord K posted:

I hope some main rival in the second half uses a custom Barbatos, as I have been deeply in love with its design since IBO came out.

Well going off the OP at least one character is going to be using a IBO suit, although it looks like it's going to be based on the Gusion Rebake instead of the Barbatos, at least going off silhouette and color scheme

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Wouldn't be surprised if they pull out the old cliche and reveal that there's a conspiracy inside GBN that is behind Mass Diving for some sinister purpose

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

chumbler posted:

No that was her identical twin, who has the same name.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Magee and her are related or otherwise know each other

Kanos posted:

It's sort of weird that they bothered to establish that you need a gunpla to have a humanoid avatar with Momoka and Sarah has hung out with them for basically weeks now and they've never wondered "huh Sarah where's your gunpla?"

I'm hoping the show gets its Build Strike vs Zaku Amazing soon.

Actually it wasn't Momoka not having a gunpla as the reason she had to be a Haro, it was because she was using a Guest account, after all she's just using a rental in this episode

Also really hope that her custom Kapool has some interesting gimmick to it, cause looking at it now makes it seem a million times lamer than the stock model since her customising of it seems to have involved removing pretty much every weapon the suit had for no real reason(and considering the Kapool doesn't have a particularly great arsenal in the first place that's really saying something), she even blunted the loving claws, and those are like at least 30% of the point of using an aquatic MS in the first place

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

chumbler posted:

I can forgive it because it looks like a penguin, and will apparently contain a smaller Kapool inside it.

I really don't get why they're doing a Penguin theme with it when everything else with Momoka has been cat themed

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Given she's drawing from soccer skills, and it seems to be able to retract into a ball, I'm betting it's designed to be purely a ballistic weapon in its own right by smashing itself into opponents or slapping the poo poo out of them with the arms.

Man that seems honestly pretty boring

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

PrinnySquadron posted:

According to the website, the Momokapool has greater strength and speed despite having less weapons.

Unless they go full G Gundam with her fighting style that sounds like it will be amazingly boring

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Not to mention GBN seems to be a really drat complex game

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

TBF, I think it’s mainly just that that’s how big super-moves have worked in Gundam in the past. So Tigerwolf was a G Gundam homage, and the ultimate move in G Gundam is to stand still and fire off a big-rear end energy blast, the Sekiha Tenkyoken.

I mean, it seems pretty likely that the Momokapool will have a more exotic super if its pilot ever gets to that point.

I am dreading how boring that suit is likely to end up being to watch fight since it basically has no weapons at all(honestly I would not be surprised if Momoka ends up being the token "character who can't fight worth a drat at all" that many shonen and sports anime end up having), it is kinda a bad sign that there isn't any promotional material actually showing her Kapool fighting to my knowledge

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

It’s going to use that mini-Kapool to football people to death. No, really, I’m pretty sure that’s going to be its fighting style.

I will never understand the fascination Japanese culture has with Soccer inspired attacks, it never results in anything actually cool or interesting

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

I'm also really confused as to why the hell is it Penguin themed when literally everything else about Momoka has been cat themed

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Honestly I thought this episode was pretty boring

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Sazabi posted:

Was there something in particular or just a general nothing seemed fun or interesting to you.

Mostly the latter

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Guy Goodbody posted:

That's a Zaku Cannon. Which I believe premiered in one of those Dreamcast/PS1 Gundam games

Zaku Cannon is actually from the original Mobile Suit Variations series back in the 80s(and may have been one of the suits from that series that originated as an unused design from MSG like the Gabaldy and the Gigan), and I'm pretty sure it made an appearance during ZZ at some point

Kinda wish the Act Zaku had gotten to do more though, especially considering the surprising amount of background importance it has in the UC timeline(it's supposed to be almost on par with the RX-78 in performance, the Hi Zack and Marasai are supposed to be descended from it*, and indeed it's cost to performance ratio was so good that the Federation ended up mass producing it themselves after the OYW, with it staying in usage up through the Gryps Conflict)

*they even use it's type of Beam Rifle

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

ConanThe3rd posted:

Isn't lucky tripping sort of Boss Borot's deal too?

Hopefully that part doesn't happen too often

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

AtheistMantis posted:

Call me mystified. Just how many people recognize the obscure Mobile BuCue but have no idea what a Gaia Gundam is? IMHO looks more like a LaGowe anyway.

For comparison:

Gaia Gundam

BuCUE

LaGOWE

Which reminds me, why can't Build Divers have more interesting MSV.

Like Gaia Impulse Gundam

To be fair the first third of SEED aired on Toonami*, while Destiny never got TV broadcast here in the US due to Gundam's popularity tanking during SEED's run

*SEED is the one time I'm in favor of US censorship for Anime, it's a shame they stopped it's Toonami run before the end parts of the show cause pretty much the one thing keeping me from rewatching SEED is those random bits of hyper gore they stuck in every now and then(it's telling that pretty much the only other shows that have gotten a similar amount of disgust out of me were Blood C and Psycho-Pass)

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The exact remark We were both replying to was this;

And anyone can tell you that it wasn't because of the Star Winning Gundam. It was because her role in the first half of the season was, very painfully clearly, to make Sekai look good and not actually contribute herself.

She's basically what Sakura was in the first couple of arcs of Naruto was, a useless waste of space there to make Naruto and Sasuke look interesting(since they were themselves dull as dishwater till near the end of the Chuunin Exams)

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

To be fair, there's a point to it in Psycho-Pass regarding desensitization to violence. Especially since it means Akane's able to stay completely calm and mentally-stable even when watching a latent criminal burst into bloody chunks at the pull of a trigger :gibs:.

You mean aside from "place on the platform, scanning light goes up the model"?. Metal parts aren't anything new either, everyone noticed Sei was using metal for the barrel of the Build Strike's upgraded cannon.

Honestly those guns having a death setting is the thing that makes the least sense, considering they have a stun setting that from my recollection was basically completely reliable in stopping human targets

But then everything about that show's setting was pretty clearly designed for two things; 1) to do one of those hackneyed "everything and everyone sucks and there's no point in trying to change anything" kind of shows, and 2) satisfy the gore fetish the people involved in that show very clearly had

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

BattleMaster posted:

When I played the first Planetside with goons we did a biker gang gimmick where we all made characters with "Snake" in their names, armed ourselves with shotguns, rolled around with ATVs, and settled any disputes with knife fights.

If Gundam Build Divers were a thing someone would totally do some gimmick like that with Balls only. Presumably something more funny than clueless Federation child soldiers though.

edit: better than roleplaying Gihren Youth in Oggos though

The Oggo is a precious cinnamon roll who is too pure for this world, I will not have you insulting it

• Locked thread