Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I am such a non-lovely person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Straight White Shark posted:

I'd like to give this a shot.

Better luck this time around

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

:toot:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hello friends! And Harold!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Dick Bastardly posted:

Hi Hal, are you scum? If not who?

Yes I am the scum good job DB.

Actually let me pore over the 40 posts in this game so I can definitively tell you the scum team hang on

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

OK done AA is the scum ##vote AA

good job team

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

Posting on the topic of conversation is one thing, but to post on the topic of conversation and not say anything meaningful about it is another.

as i'm typing this though i realize i'm being over-aggressive and misreading. mea culpa, retracted. i missed the original context of that smartrocks post.

I always appreciate when someone posts like this, so thank you Somber

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I would also vote DB for telling us helpful things like "I got my role" and asking hard hitting incisive questions like "are you scum?"

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mostly the first one

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hi Somber, hope you are better!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Votes on DB are good votes, I think.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Retro Futurist posted:

My making a policy vote I’d make in any game is pinging you harder than anything anyone else has done?

Agreed, RF has done this in every game with Krell for like 2 years.

That being said I assume you have other thoughts sir

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

You must be a hell of an autodidact, Yami, because your posting really does not strike me as that of a new player.

He's read lots of old games you see... so yeah autodidact is about right I guess

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

It is you who are insane

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Retro Futurist posted:

I’m suspicious of Keane’s, because I expect better of him.
Other than that this is the only thing to really catch my eye

Rock is town, unless the rest of the scum team are new/not posting in the scumdoc whatsoever. Also DB is probably town, all the cases on him are the same ones I’ve watched him get killed for as town in the last year or so

Ok so what in your mind is “scum DB” going to do then? This game he feels more fake than he usually does to me. I still don’t like AA either but in the interest of consolidating before I start work ##vote DB

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Well jeez

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

AA why would you choose to be a martyr over a guaranteed win??

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

What I'm saying is when faced with those prospects, why not just choose the winning side?

Yeah I mean it’s cool I guess to want town to win but giving away a win... I’m trying to wrap my head around it. But what sort of D2 gambit would this be?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

Jeez guys, try not to trip over yourself to all go post at once.

##vote Retro Futurist

I don't like his tripling down on Krell, his refusal to talk about anything else in the game (several of you are guilty of this), and I don't like that he threatened me with being cased but disappeared when I encouraged him to do so.

As hard as Opop can be to read I don’t disagree with this

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

I'm being setup to take a fall

Yeah one more vote and then someone will be voting you

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Probably the best defensive I've seen in a mafia game

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Nutsack old friend, lend us your wisdom

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I could still maybe see Sandwolf. I go back and forth on inquisitor authority being trying scum or commanding town.

Gut says town, but I also don't see the RF stuff.

I need to read Keane. I had a couple :thunk: moments at some of their earlier posts.

Sandwolf is playing the same as he normally does I think. I thought he was scum last game for doing mostly the same stuff he was doing here and he was town that time

I’d like to think RF would try more as scum but who knows, he certainly doesn’t seem to give a drat about what we do in this game

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Where are all the other players? We had our first night and some of them had night actions that should have given them some leads

I mean the OP said there were NO night actions in this game soooooo

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Still kinda want to vote AA. He likes to gambit (see Westworld) and he very well could be doing something here

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

why are we talking about aa? he's dying at end of day right? if he doesn't we just vote him tomorrow. maybe there's some other weird mechanic at play but we can't anticipate that.

Because what if letting him live into the night means another person gets whatever he has and the next person doesn’t tell us.

Do you think outside of that claim he’s been posting pretty townie? Because really that should be the criteria over a claim like this anyway

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Well I hope you don't all end up sorry

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##vote RF I just passed a very tough training test and I am going out for a fancy dinner to celebrate so may not be back.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

oh wait I am on the East Coast and there is still lots of time, ##unvote I kind of want to look over everything again

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mehhhhhh ##vote RF

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mehhhhhh ##vote RF

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Whoaaaaaaaaa

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

In light of recent news this seems rather prescient

Are you saying that you got infected last night?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yes... I’m a little leery of people who shrugged him off yesterday. Since he went out like AS who never said anything about her role pretty sure it was all lies. Shocking!

Between that and scum we need to get on our game today

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Team effort!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hello is this thing on?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Harold Krell posted:

Uh... we need to come up with answers in order to find any new information whatsoever and to actually, you know, play the game? Why would YOU be opposed to having people post more?

Thank you Krell for this and for your volunteer service. You are a true pillar of this community

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yami Fenrir posted:

Hal, I sort of trust you. What are you reads? Who do you think is scum? Please tell me.

I feel pretty good about you, Rock seems alright too. I lean town on Sandwolf and Somber now.

I don't feel great about Keane, he has been fairly active but he mostly has just gone along with easy stuff and the places he's put effort in have turned out to be town.

I wish I had more of a read on Nutsack. I always like to think scum would put in at least a token effort but he's claim to be completely disinterested in the game so maybe he is being a super lovely scum.

Most everyone else has posted so little I can't even get a read on them.

I'll probably just vote Nutsack since he's not helping anything anyway

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

I feel pretty good about you, Rock seems alright too. I lean town on Sandwolf and Somber now.

I don't feel great about Keane, he has been fairly active but he mostly has just gone along with easy stuff and the places he's put effort in have turned out to be town.

I wish I had more of a read on Nutsack. I always like to think scum would put in at least a token effort but he's claim to be completely disinterested in the game so maybe he is being a super lovely scum.

Most everyone else has posted so little I can't even get a read on them.

I'll probably just vote Nutsack since he's not helping anything anyway

Jeez we have lost so many people these only person left I didn't comment on is Krell. He's hard to read as always.

If I had to pick scum I guess it would be Keane and Nutsack then maybe one of Sandwolf/Somber. Probably somber. But Keane is a much stronger feel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

God bless this game [b]##vote Nutsack[b]

Sorry old friend

• Locked thread