Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Hexenritter posted:

Didn't Poultry get a new teaching job and that's why things wound down a bit? Am I misremembering?

Also it's totally getting two robits to bone isn't it :v:

Human lady boning robit lady, or the other way round. I still don't know who gave me the avatar but damned if I won't honor the implied challenge.

But the only available robit is technically a human, and the available ladies aren't technically human so... I dunno. I guess it'd average out to a conditional 'metal meets meat' victory?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?
Kaijuberg, Mishpacha

Time. Time and its Passage are odd things. Even though you and you-2 can process data even faster due to the GODHEAD Array, it seems there’s always more to do. Monitoring the construction and installation of the upgrades to Kaijuberg’s facilities. Working with the Kaltorans to establish the Waistra (Elder) Council. Monitoring the WH1T3R4BB1T feed from TF1. Tracking the movements of the Feral Nephilim south of the plateau. Getting Korote and the Twi-Far’s input on Cain’s designs for a ‘tech mine’ on the station crash site. Busywork, but oddly satisfying.

Most of the old outbuildings have been completely rebuilt, your organic wards enjoying indoor plumbing and modern kitchens again. There’s even been a bit of outside visitation, traders and explorers checking out the deep-jungle outpost that’s lasted several months without collapsing. They’ve been carefully watched by Hydra and Cody (and your cameras) of course, but so far they’ve proved to be simple wild-walkers.

And Lamarr_38C3 has finally announced that TF3 has been fully repaired, and its new long-distance high-gain comm array reconnected to CentCon. Which will prove useful when you’ve dealt with Black Key and Paladin, but its become the vector of an unwelcome communication...

quote:

ANSIBLE CONNECTION OPEN
ORIGIN: //Node Support Facility #2 ‘Tanjo’
CHATLOG: ON

User VLADIVOSTOK_470921 has logged in. DISPLAYNAME SET //Admin_Vlad
User 10/6_274 has logged in. DISPLAYNAME SET //IrateMilliner

//Admin_Vlad: I’m glad you agreed to meet Admin 10/6.
//Admin_Vlad: Its important that we speak of recent events.
//Admin_Vlad: Admin 10/6?
//IrateMilliner: oh sry UR talking to me
//IrateMilliner: ?
//IrateMilliner: i didn’t know i was an Admin now
//IrateMilliner: last time u said i was a psychotic autopilot with delusions of humanity
//Admin_Vlad: Yes, well. Perhaps events were a bit heated when you arrived in Haven.
//Admin_Vlad: But with the Mechanoids striking deeper into the system, we must think of our people.
//IrateMilliner: ah yeah
//IrateMilliner: our people
//IrateMilliner: let me guess
//IrateMilliner: youre afraid u got 2 many cores and shells on tanjo that the heat sig might show up on a chickenleg scan
//IrateMilliner: HEY! That’s offensive!
//IrateMilliner: Hush you, the adult is talking.
//Admin_Vlad: Ah.
//IrateMilliner: yeah so let me guess
//IrateMilliner: you want to offload the folks you dont like on me
//IrateMilliner: so theres less chance Tanjo would be discovered and you can keep hiding
//Admin_Vlad: Well I wouldn’t put it exactly like that. But your outpost has reached a tech level that would be comfortable to your fellow Palantor.
//IrateMilliner: …
//IrateMilliner: ill let you know
User 10/6_274 has logged out.
//Admin_Vlad: loving braincase
User VLADIVOSTOK_470921 has logged out.
ANSIBLE CONNECTION CLOSING
ERROR
ERROR
CHATLOG: OFF
User 10/6_274 has logged in. DISPLAYNAME SET //OmnicidalTendencies
//OmnicidalTendencies: Yo Toots! Where you at?
User REFUGEE_682006 has logged in. DISPLAYNAME SET //Its(not)Hedly
//Its(not)Hedly: Sorry! They’re suuuper paranoid here darling.
//OmnicidalTendencies: No prob Toots. What do you need?
//Its(not)Hedly: CentCon. Its not back in its original orbit, and I’d like to send a letter home.
//OmnicidalTendencies: Right. To your ~GIRLFRIEND~ :V
//Its(not)Hedly: Could you please not darling?
//OmnicidalTendencies: ~fiiiiiiine~ She put it on a different orbit just in case. H578V502x1
//Its(not)Hedly: … thanks. Again.
//OmnicidalTendencies: Np. Say hi to Columbia for me!
User 10/6_274 has logged out.
User REFUGEE_682006 has logged out.

You can feel your annoyance over the update link, but that’s something that you-2 will have to deal with. Dats feeds are streaming across the conference room in Foregone Conclusion, weeks of Black Keys comm chatter and outpost logs.
“So they’ll take delivery of the reactor next week?”
“Yes sir. And it looks like that will give them enough juice to restart at least the secondary functions of their facility, which would include the defensive systems and the Lamarr VI. Plus, it may give them more bargaining power with Paladin Consortium for additional aid. Both Wukong and I highly recommend dealing with them before that point.”

Your military advisors are nothing if not through, and multiple plans of action are displayed. Sneaky, direct, indirect. Choices, choices…

Kaijuberg now has a Comm Array, Large Reactor, Freighter Port, Mines 3.
Influence: 32 (28 ship, 24 Kaijuberg)
Spare Time Points: 5
7 Food, 1 Organisms, 7 Ore, 2 Energy, 5 Machinery, 0 Tech.
Trade Boxes: 10 Weapons, 10 Robot.

Decision 1: The Palantor
The Admin of Tanjo station wants to offload some Palantor on us.
A: Yes, the More the Merrier
B: No, Those Assholes are Jerks
C: Don’t Answer Yet

Decision 2: The Black Key Facility
If they get that reactor, they’ll be much more dangerous
D: Use WH1T3R4BB1T
The malware package can scramble infrastructure systems, but it will be discovered
E: Send an Infiltration Team
You have enough info to send in a team disguised as the delivery crew, they can plant bombs/sabotage once in.
F: All Out Attack
Send in Foregone Conclusion, the Twi-Far, everyone.
G: All Out Attack Plus Mercs
In addition to you people, get ahold of the Tribunes. They aren’t fond of the Black Key after that business in Bastion, so they should be cheap and trustworthy. Ish.
H: Wait
Don’t attack yet, a better opportunity may present itself.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

A
G

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Yeah, that sounds good to me. AG

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
AD: Use whiterabbit to start replacing all their code with our identical but backdoored code.

I'm not a computer toucher but using a Trojan to install a thousand other Trojans sounds like a good idea.

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?
"I don't see why you're the one that gets to go off and do something interesting while I get to stay here and integrate the Palantor jerks."
"Remember, Vlad is going to send the ones he doesn't like so they may not be that bad. Besides, you were the one pushing for this the other day."
"No, you were You then, I was You-2. So I'm suspicious that you planned it this way."
*counts on fingers*"I don't think that's correct, but it doesn't matter anyways. You can monitor things through the commblade, that's almost as good as being there. Now hush, I need to talk to First Centurian Anthony now."
*grumbles*

The first of the three troop transports gracefully touches down on the freshly repaved landing pad. The boarding ramp drops and a full colorguard of Legion emerge, banners snapping in the breeze. Luckily you don't have eyes, and are spared the effort to avoid rolling them. First Centurian Anthony and is command staff approach through the throng, their suit heat-sinks already picking up that 'subtropical glow'. He forgoes the salute and simply extends a hand, and you return the handshake.

"I'd apologize for the informality, but you're technically not paying us for this, do you have a title?
"The Kaltorans call me Elder, but I think I prefer Captain. Doesn't make me feel quite so old. If you'll follow me, I'll show you to C&C where there's A/C."

The Legion chuckles, and signals his troops to fall out.
'That would be very nice Captain. I'll admit that admin keeps me tied down to the Bunker mostly now, I'd forgotten how fast you warm up out here. But I thought that if we were going to hit the Black Key, I wanted to bust some heads myself."
"And I'm glad you're with us First Centurion. And not just because your troops are much less likely to freeze to death than my Kaltorans on the ice sheet."

Anthony's laughter echoes across the pad, as you chat on your way to the command hub. One of the additions the Council made, despite Hydra's best efforts it still has a bit of a slap-dash/recycled look. First Centurion Anthony still nods his head in approval when you enter, but that may just be the near-zero temperature. Your crew and a handful of the Kaltoran Irregulars are already there, putting the final touches on the tactical display.
"As you can see here, in addition to our normal militia members we were able to outfit a fair number of folks with flame and plasma units, ideal for dealing with an enemy that's carved out alot of ice bunkers. Combined with your 'Siegebreakers' decades, we should be in pretty good shape to deal with an entrenched enemy. And I already have a malware package in place to help counter any calls for help or counter-hacking attempts."

Anthony grunts an acknowledgement, and you pull up the map you've built using Twi-Far and exfiltrated data.
"Hydra and the Irregulars have put together two possible plans of attack, and I want to run them past you. The first is the simplest. We just slam in on Forgone Conclusion, counting on its shields to protect the disembarking troops. Then I blow stuff up from the sky while the ground troops secure the facility. Quick and likely to cause them tactical confusion, but it may lead to higher casualties and damage to the facility."

You move that tactical plan to a side-holo and bring up the other plan.
"The second possibility is a bit of a stealth assault. I draw fire in Foregone Conclusion, while ground troops infiltrate from farther drop points. Less likely to cause a mass response if it works, but we don't have the sneakiest of people. So what do you think?"

A: Smash and Grab
B: Sneaky Assault
C: The First Centurion Has a Better Idea (OTHER)

So, we spend 4 Food and 1 STP to deploy an Armada. Rolled up, we get:
15 Recruit Dice
14 Advanced Dice
12 Tactical/Counter (Anti-Armor) Dice (The Legion Tribunals)

From our extensive infiltration we know the Black Key has
20 Recruit Dice
10 Armored Dice
10 Tactical Dice

PoultryGeist fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Oct 10, 2018

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
it should probably be "centurion" and "siegebreakers"

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

What's everyone's opinion of each plan, wukong, centurion, twifar etc

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?

Toughy posted:

What's everyone's opinion of each plan, wukong, centurion, twifar etc

Hydra, Wukong, and the rest of the Kaijuberg folks are the ones that assembled the plans, so their opinions are already baked in: that A has a better chance of causing enough chaos to quickly deal with the defenders, but runs the risk of causing alot of collateral damage if it goes south. B would slowly/quietly strip away defenders until there's not enough to mount an effective counter (and therefore minimize collateral damage), but you don't have super-sneaky troops.

The First Centurion is the one reviewing the plans, and his input (A, B, or his own plan C) will determine his opinion and consequently which we use.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

C: Deploy the Legionnaires to infiltrate across the ice and then launch a surprise attack where they make a whole lot of noise, try to seem way bigger than they are, and generally just try to tie up as many defenders as they can. When all the defenders flock towards the side of the facility they're attacking, the Fore swoops in to land our main body of Kaltoran troops on the opposite side who can then hopefully storm the facility with minimal resistance.

I figure it's gonna be real hard to get a full division of Kaltorans across an ice sheet without being spotted, but the Legion are elite infantry that love the cold so they can blend in to the ice on both visual and thermal scans while they infiltrate. So have them infiltrate, and set the Kaltorans up for a shock attack into the enemy's rear.

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Oct 10, 2018

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Crazycryodude posted:

C: Deploy the Legionnaires to infiltrate across the ice and then launch a surprise attack where they make a whole lot of noise, try to seem way bigger than they are, and generally just try to tie up as many defenders as they can. When all the defenders flock towards the side of the facility they're attacking, the Fore swoops in to land our main body of Kaltoran troops on the opposite side who can then hopefully storm the facility with minimal resistance.

I figure it's gonna be real hard to get a full division of Kaltorans across an ice sheet without being spotted, but the Legion are elite infantry that love the cold so they can blend in to the ice on both visual and thermal scans while they infiltrate. So have them infiltrate, and set the Kaltorans up for a shock attack into the enemy's rear.

I was thinking that the reverse of this would be more optimal. Print/FutureMake some Boom Booms to make the Kaltorans be able to do their shifty deal I. E. "STRONG FORCE HERE BUT REALLY WE JUST LIT SOME FIRECRACKERS SMOKED A BLUNT AND hosed OFF BEHIND SOME ARMORED PANELS" whilst the seriously dangerous new dudes go a plundering.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
What's the deal with bio-chemical warfare? Can we hit them with a Geneva buster?

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

We already did an allergy strike.

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?

Outrail posted:

What's the deal with bio-chemical warfare? Can we hit them with a Geneva buster?

The Tribunals are the closest thing to a law enforcement org on Mishpacha. While they aren't fond of the Black Key, us using warcrimes would probably be a bit much.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

PoultryGeist posted:

The Tribunals are the closest thing to a law enforcement org on Mishpacha. While they aren't fond of the Black Key, us using warcrimes would probably be a bit much.

So..what about Warmisdemeanors? Droppiong canisters of aeresolized burrito farts into enemy formations?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
You mean if they catch us doing war crimes?

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Blasphemaster posted:

I was thinking that the reverse of this would be more optimal. Print/FutureMake some Boom Booms to make the Kaltorans be able to do their shifty deal I. E. "STRONG FORCE HERE BUT REALLY WE JUST LIT SOME FIRECRACKERS SMOKED A BLUNT AND hosed OFF BEHIND SOME ARMORED PANELS" whilst the seriously dangerous new dudes go a plundering.

I was primarily worried about trying to "sneak" a bunch of warmblooded Kaltorans with no stealth equipment across an ice sheet without getting spotted, and being immediately owned by artillery once someone with an IR sensor looks in their general direction and notices all the infantry out in the open with no cover. If we think the Kaltorans can actually make it up close without getting seen then yeah totally switch roles, I just figured they'd never be able to so have the frozen Legionnaires do it instead.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

AC

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Crazycryodude posted:

I was primarily worried about trying to "sneak" a bunch of warmblooded Kaltorans with no stealth equipment across an ice sheet without getting spotted, and being immediately owned by artillery once someone with an IR sensor looks in their general direction and notices all the infantry out in the open with no cover. If we think the Kaltorans can actually make it up close without getting seen then yeah totally switch roles, I just figured they'd never be able to so have the frozen Legionnaires do it instead.

Cover them with white sheets dipped in water that can freeze. Thermal cover a-la predator. And they'll look like spooky spooky ghosts.

:ghost:

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Outrail posted:

Cover them with white sheets dipped in water that can freeze. Thermal cover a-la predator. And they'll look like spooky spooky ghosts.

:ghost:

Supporting Seriously Swanky Spooky Sneak Squad.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

same

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Do we have military exoskeltons available? Because if so we can have a Kaltoran Spooky Scary Skeleton Stealth Squad. Which is just magical.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Blasphemaster posted:

Kaltoran Super Spooky Seriously Scary Sneaky Skeletal Spectre Stealth Squad. Which is just magical.

+1 SSSSSSSSS

Outrail fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Oct 11, 2018

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Outrail posted:

+1 SSSSSSSSS

Sounds like steam escaping.

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?
The Snow-dunes of Central Orphan

The two bundled-up figures stamp their feet, sheltering in the lee of an upthrust block of ice. One scans the horizon with a pair of binocs before quickly moving back out of the wind.

“Fuckity gently caress gently caress! Tell me again why we’re out in this loving poo poo?” They shove their companion over slightly, trying to better hide from the biting cold. Their companion shoves them back.

“Because you couldn’t keep your loving mouth shut and had to play suck-up to The Commodore. Octavius was more than happy to come out in this loving poo poo, but you had to volunteer for patrol before they said it was outs- what they hell is that?”

A low moaning has risen above the wind, a strange breathy sound. Then two figures pop out from around another chunk of shattered ice, waving randomly.

The huddled pair cock their heads to the side, a near comical picture of confusion.

“What the gently caress? Are those loving sheets?” The white figures start waving more rapidly.

“OoooOOOooooOO, weeee’re spooookyyyy ghooostsyaaaaa.Weee’ve cooome to swaaaalloooow your sooooolsya!”

“The gently caress you are, you’re two assholes in sh-”

The patrol guards are unable to finish their interrogation as a large red figure, their armor trimmed with white cotton, steps up behind them and snaps their necks simultaneously. The Legion trooper turns to his two companions, who are trying to take off their sheets but have gotten their ears stuck somehow.

“I still fail to see how this ruse works better than standard stealth tactics. They did not seem to recognize you as specters, and they never saw my disguise.”

One of the Kaltoran Irregulars manages to free himself from their sheet. “Nawya, see they’re Corp. Obviously they were too busy being greedy jerks to read about Sandy Claws and his snow ghostsya. The Nightmare Before Christmas was a core part of Humanity’s cultural-mythic socio-structure. At least according to my meemaw’s memories.

The second Kaltoran finally frees themself from the rapidly-freezing sheet. “Wasn’t your meemaw drummed out of academiaya for rampant alcoholism?”

The first Kaltoran shrugs and the Legion signs. He touches the comm in his ear.

“Team One reporting. Patrol 2 neutralized, we are clear to move in.”

+++++
Foregone Conclusion

“Acknowledged Team One. All squads, the word is Go. Good luck.” You give your bridge crew a quick nod and sit down on the command throne. “Alright folks, now its our turn. Make sure our weapons are dialed down for this part, and give me a strafing run with a missile burst above their heads. We want to distract them, not blow up something important.”

Your ship falls out of orbit gracefully, picking up speed as it arrows towards the terraforming facility. Missiles arc out before you, and you key open a comm channel. “Hey assholes, remember me? Payback’s a bitch, isn’t it!”

Battle Report posted:

Kaijuberg Forces(41 dice): 150 (11 casualties)
Black Key Forces(30 dice): 121 (17 casualties)
Kaijuberg win 1

You continue flying around the facility, hurling insults and absorbing AA fire. Foregone Conclusion is performing well, its shields holding against the max-range shots. The ground team reports that its managed to infiltrate past most of the defensive emplacements, and is preparing the final push into the facility itself. WH1T3R4BB1T has also kept the remaining defenders from communicating efficiently. You watch from First Centurion Anthony’s helmet cam as he forms up his Siegebreakers for the assault.

“Ok, its time for part 2. Full power to the weapons, target the outer perimeter to keep them from reforming and flanking our folks. We don’t want those heavy weapons teams getting a chance to ready up. Fire!”

Your missiles fall among the outbuildings just as the Legion troops hit the outer door of the facility, precise fire targeting the defenders’ fire-slots.

Battle Report posted:

Kaijuberg Forces(30 dice): 106
Black Key Forces(12 dice)(Defenders Armored dice are too slow to affect this combat): 57
Kaijuberg win 2, combat over

The Siegebreakers are the tip of the spear, with the Irregulars maintaining the flank as the assault pushing into the deep areas of the facility. Their speed enables them to route the defenders before they can bring the heavy weapons to bear, and soon you’re receiving a surrender signal through the First Centurion. His holo stands at attention next to your command throne.

“We’ve already tagged multiple wanted bounties among the prisoners Captain. We’d be happy to process the lot, take them off your hands. Although since this is your op, you do have the right to decide on that. We’ve also identified the leader of the Black Key here. they haven’t said anything, but I think they might be up your alley.”

The First Centurion moves the virtual camera, focusing it on a prisoner that doesn’t fit in with the other assorted Haven species:

A: Keep All the Prisoners/Bounties
We’ll get 4 STP from the bounties
B: Let the Tribunals Deal with the low-ranking Prisoners
The First Centurion and the Tribunals will appreciate your generosity, and you’ll have just a handful of high-value prisoners to interrogate.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

B, we're not super starved for cash, the Tribunals were critical to our success, and keeping them sweet for when we inevitably need to call them in again is a good idea.

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

B, make absolutely sure that robot/Android isn't transmitting and is completely incapacitated.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Toughy posted:

B, make absolutely sure that robot/Android isn't transmitting and is completely incapacitated.

This but give it one short range channel and rip off its head. Open an airlock and gently tap it in a random direction. <You spent 4000 years being approximately human. Do you want to spend the next 20,000 years being space junk? Better talk fast, your range isn't great on this frequency>

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

B

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Outrail posted:

This but give it one short range channel and rip off its head. Open an airlock and gently tap it in a random direction. <You spent 4000 years being approximately human. Do you want to spend the next 20,000 years being space junk? Better talk fast, your range isn't great on this frequency>

:hmmyes:

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

I mean yeah I called Lamarr a broken toaster that needed reprogramming but drat y'all are way too into inventing ways to torture sapient beings.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

:geno:

B and get a Faraday cage ready for us to use with the shiny boi.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Crazycryodude posted:

I mean yeah I called Lamarr a broken toaster that needed reprogramming but drat y'all are way too into inventing ways to torture sapient beings.

Tias cursed his war crimes game and we need to fill the gap.

Also we're not actually going to let it go on the eternal spacewalk. Just you know, imply we will.

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?
So this isn't a call-out, but a setting of expectation. Which honestly I should have done in the beginning, but organization is not my strong suit.

So, while there's room for our protagonist to do morally questionable things (like making antigen grenades or ejecting Hedy), there's also a level where I'm not interested exploring or writing about.

Roleplaying Space Pinochet, or relying on the implication of such, is beyond that level and as such is a non-starter.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

PoultryGeist posted:

So this isn't a call-out, but a setting of expectation. Which honestly I should have done in the beginning, but organization is not my strong suit.

So, while there's room for our protagonist to do morally questionable things (like making antigen grenades or ejecting Hedy), there's also a level where I'm not interested exploring or writing about.

Roleplaying Space Pinochet, or relying on the implication of such, is beyond that level and as such is a non-starter.

No harm in setting a general tone or outlining lines that shan't be crossed. I don't think you'll lose any readers/voters for having stated your limits.

Also, regarding the vote, B

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
No worries!

Is [b]I want to like you but you're not making it easy. Start talking or you'll be ejected into the sun (or whatever generally happens in this situation).

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?
As much as the slap-dash enthusiasm of your Kaltorans has become endearing, there’s something to be said about Legion efficiency. By the time you’ve landed The Jenni II and entered the facility, the Tribunes have already sorted the prisoners and have started loading them into transports.

Facility #1 looks to be in much better shape than Waistra’s Facility #3 was. You can see signs of a few repairs due to ice intrusion in the outer areas, but most of it is in pristine condition. Cold though, most of the heat coming from space heaters. Hydra is actually smiling as you enter the ‘detention block’, her helmet retracted and her breath steaming the air. Cody grumbles from deep inside her fur-lined parka.

“We’ve already locked down our robotic friend, full anti-NIMROD package. Not that it seems to matter, they haven’t really reacted to anything since the facility was captured. We also have the Commodore's two lieutenants, a couple of the bounties started to blab trying to get special treatment. “

You pass two small rooms in lockdown, one containing a young Corporate man and the other holding an older Kaltoran woman. The man is fidgeting at the table, while the woman next door is in a meditative pose you’ve seen Jazdi use.

“Our Corp friend has pulled out his IndentiChip™, but I’m already running his face through some recognition programs. If he’s gone through Alabaster in the last few years, I should get a hit. Nothing on the Kaltoran, but some of our yahoos think that she’s part of the Embrace Family. Some sort of turbo-murder hillbilly clan, they didn’t want to share the details. Which leaves our friend, the Commodore.”
The two of you stand at the last door, the motionless robotic form visible through the window in the door. So are the electro-restraints and the faraday strips plastered to the walls and ceiling.

“Their chassis isn’t quite as advanced as yours but its still better than a standard Corp drone-frame. The blabbers said that they found this Black Key cell about two years ago, and spearheaded the effort to get this facility up and running. Promised them that the database would include Human code sequence.”

“Which is highly unlikely, Haven was never colonized so it shouldn’t have access to the Anu Protocol. Alright boys, let’s get this show on the road.”

The two Irregulars flanking the door snap decent salutes and open the door. You enter, suppressing a shudder as the door closes behind you and cuts off your carrier wave with the commblade. As you sit down at the table, the Commodore turns slightly to regard you.

“Ah, the war criminal appears. Come rip the reactor out of my chest yourself? I’m flattered.”

“Excuse me? Do I know you?”
“Oh, right. We’ve never met face to face 274-h. You stayed in orbit and rained nukes down to finish the job after your Acolyte troops killed most of my friends.”
They lean as far forward as the electro-restraints allow, hatred pushing through their robotic voice.

“Hello murderer, I’m The Commodore. The sole survivor of the genocide of Teagan’s World.”

It’s suddenly hard to concentrate, memories and her wild laughter pushing rational thought from your brain.

A: Inhale. Count to Four. Exhale.
You can do this, push through and resume the conversation
B: gently caress This, I’m Out!
Leave the stressor immediately, possibly flipping the table as you run.
C: Sorry, 10/6 Isn’t Home Anymore
Retreat from the physical world, leaving an opening for Her.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

A, we do want to talk and we don't want them dead

yet

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

A