Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Wait, we can get permanent quality-of-life upgrades by pitching in?

Hell to the yes we're gonna do that thing.

A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

1 C there's a lot of Mishpacha around after all
2 BE Can we estimate a probability curve for hacking outcomes?

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

PoultryGeist posted:

It would be slightly better than 50/50. Its within your or Cody's capabilities, but piecing together the corrupted data will be tricky

Odds of success, I'm assuming?

What are the odds of "oops we killed it" or "oh god what is it doing to the ship what have we done"?

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Crazycryodude posted:

Oh, thoroughly compromise the commsats while we're gonna be sitting around with them in the cargo holds for a week anyways. Never hurts to be able to listen in on or even cut your enemies out of the network.

Yes I'm aware my suggestions are apparently always "break into the nearest computer system" but it's useful, damnit.

Hey, having the field itself as an ally is a pretty good strategy.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

s1 C
s2 A

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

1 A
2 BCFG

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

I guess they didn't hear the news.

And/or we're going to have some loving chats when we get out of this.

1 ADE
2 FH
3 J

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Blasphemaster posted:

This but kill the hostiles when we don't need them anymore. Publicly and violently and all over the place.

Eh. I'd like to add explicitly not doing this to my vote on 2.

They are adorable little bundles of intel and I'm sure the Legion would just love to hear about one of their own going rampant on a crew they just declared cool.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Blasphemaster posted:

A crew that is now trying very hard to make us all dead. Very not cool.

To dissuade violence towards oneself, as an individual or a nation, one must make it clear that aggression will be met with annihilation, while mutually beneficial trade is welcomed and preferred. Also: something that has Intel is still needed.

You misunderstand: the crew I was referring to was the players' squad.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

D is to hold out; you'll need a different letter for your write-in.

1 AB
2 F

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Crazycryodude posted:

CF

Captain TenSixths isn't really the touchy-feely type, and not just because she doesn't have organic nerves and emotions. We're an ex-spaceship with severe PTSD. In the past, people hosed with us. We're gonna make sure nobody fucks with us, or the people we like, again. Elf Granny doesn't need to worry though, we like her.

You actually miss being an enemy of the sapient races, don't you.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Crazycryodude posted:

Not sapients, just meatbags :colbert:

If they don't want to die then why do they keep making themselves out of carbon and volatiles?

That's all they know how to do; that's their cross to bear.

You could always help them be better able to survive and process information in this world... but I think I already know the answer to that question. :smith:

wait 'till you hear what humanity was made out of

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Not Alex posted:

They're animal level intelligence designed for shipboard terror operations. Set up a nice clear killing field and knock on the door. Then murder 'em as they are genetically compelled rush us. Expect flanking.

Yup.

^ ^ ^ Okay, so we also have party favors to drag out the stragglers. Is there anything in the power station that would aggressively rather not get napalmed, that would complicate any "flush out the stragglers" plans?

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Daaaaaaang.

If we do round up an extermination force as in option A, what are the odds someone else is going to pick up where we left off and take the human facility bounty out from under our nose-equivalents in the time it takes to muster up? (Time-vs-risk)

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

PoultryGeist posted:

Well, as of right now you are the only people that know about the Human facility (as far as you know). If you're willing to pay for expedited delivery, you could probably have mercs of some sort here by tomorrow. Of course, there's the possibility that the mercs may recognize New Faithful for what it is and spread the word. Basically, you could most likely get mercs here to clear out the LA in time, but OpSec becomes a bigger concern.

And how well do we know the local mercenary companies? Any that we suspect actually wouldn't try to screw us over because of the prize?

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Hm.

gently caress it, we'll do it live.

C

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

And we were doing so well.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Crazycryodude posted:

poo poo, would be great to have that environmental upgrade for Granny's suit about now. Although on the other hand without the mortar we'd probably all be LA chow.

B, we don't care about such petty things as fragile meatbag environmental tolerances and should be able to do the job fine. I don't want to gently caress around with hacking Human installations in case any security takes issue with a failure, just go in and cut it away ourselves then fix the place up slow and careful once we're no longer in imminent danger.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

sheep-dodger posted:

D The Memories of your Family
Mechanoid 274 hadn't left you with a lot of those, the smile of your partner on that beach on Koltor III as the sun set, the day your youngest kid was born, your oldest crying after falling and scraping her knees. But you took what little you had left of them and entrusted it with the core of your soul, so that one day it might bring you back.

Second. :scruffy:

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Blasphemaster posted:

B./Sheep-dodger combo.

i mean as long as they're not contradictory and the panic upload has enough bandwidth/throughput to carry them both

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Crazycryodude posted:

D
F

Also yeah we're totally moving in here. No need to piss off both the neph AND the wayward combat archaeologists, I dunno if we could handle them both. We're already here with a side gig for some neph anyways, let's go make friends with the neighbors.

Reasonable.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

D

E isn't necessary because this isn't the kind of place you move.

I like the idea of C, and two settlements, and they don't appear to be mutually exclusive with D, but I'd rather not throw our new friends into the wringer without checking with 'em first.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

JesterOfAmerica posted:

Repair Mechanotron Control
1. A
2. E

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

A and B seem mutually compatible, seeing as they operate on two different time scales.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

The Archon hulk sounds like an arc in itself.

ABD Changed.

dont be mean to me fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Jun 4, 2018

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

GreyjoyBastard posted:

wait are the abd votes "not c" or "we want three ships"?

Approval voting.

Pick whichever options you're okay with, but no doubling up on anything. Whatever gets the most still wins.

Imagine a checklist voting system but you don't get your ballot tossed for checking too many things.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

dont be mean to me posted:

The Archon hulk sounds like an arc in itself.

ABD

After sleeping on it, this actually sounds awesome.

C

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

BF since it makes no sense to fight the tide, and at Discord's insistence proposing we christen our new hulk the Foregone Conclusion.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

malbogio posted:

I Haven’t Had My Coffee Yet, So Don’t Give Me An Excuse

This is now my second choice.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

At the moment I'm tempted toward BI.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

GreyjoyBastard posted:

also, just because I reread the post, "let's just stuff the Cube somewhere the Paladins are" is tantamount to "I didn't particularly want this planet and anything on it to still be alive anyway"

not that that option is winning, but it's a bad idea at the moment

Wait, 1) where does it say that and 2) how would keeping it be any better?

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Changing my vote on the cube from I to H.

Should I edit my old vote accordingly?

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

1 B
2 FH

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

The Lone Badger posted:

If we took Disposable Body could the killbot side of us run it while we keep using our main shell for something else?

This is a compelling argument against Disposable Body.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

BE A BADASS

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Quorum posted:

Thank God, they included an archive of the most important datastore of lost Human knowledge, Wikipedia

Welp;

Demolish CentCom.

(Seriouspost: Don't pull CentCom back online unless we can pass ourselves off to it as a fully qualified operator, if not system administrator. Hell, interdict its communications if we can't pass.)

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Vote removed.

dont be mean to me fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jun 26, 2018

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I'd prefer to spend 1 STP on the search for the other facilities and 1 STP on the search for the feral nephs of interest if possible. Maybe one represents some of our staff and the Twi-far, the other represents some of our staff and Liz, or something. Accomplishing our neph contract would probably repay the STP with considerable interest anyway.

Amending my vote with this, if I can.

Vote removed.

dont be mean to me fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jun 26, 2018

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Upon reflection, I've decided to withdraw from this vote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

How does Fragged Empires handle 'silent running'? Your ship's still crapping out heat, right?