Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

E
D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

B. Our opposition appears sloppy and unprepared. Looks like Hydra’s going to get a chance to stretch her muscles.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Blasphemaster posted:

E. BCD combo

Basically load up the GLADOS voice, say 'gently caress the hostages and make steadily stronger threats in an increasingly unhinged voice while Kruze gets into position and Granny saunters down the airlock interchange. Start with simple 'no survivors durr' and work our way up to "I loving SWEAR I will chop your bodies into little bits, lace them with a dormant FLESH EATING SUPERVIRUS, and mail them across the systems to be FORCE FED TO YOUR RESPECTIVE ENTIRE EXTENED FAMILIES"

*switch to calm mode* "Or you can give us what is ours and top off our fuel reserves for our trouble and we'll be on our way. You have Fifteen seconds to decide. Tick tock meatbags."

E: If that doesn't work we unleash our pet Space Marine and Xenomorph.

Basically this. Intimidation focus but with Kruze prepared to save the hostages and Hydra ready to reinforce Kruze. I guess the priority is B with a fallback of D into C.

malbogio fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Apr 10, 2018

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

A. Let’s use this station to get as much control/influence as we can without being declared pirates.

malbogio fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Apr 12, 2018

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

C. Influence seems pretty valuable.
BC. These sound fine. Would prefer to set it up now so it can start giving us roll bonuses immediately. Medbay might be good too but no telling when that would see use.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

+1

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

BC. This data attracted a threat bigger than any seen in the history of any existing civilization. Leaving it to Legion Operations to deal with and hoping for brownie points would be the correct and smart play for most people. But we’re not most people. We’re TenFuckingSixths. Trusting those scrubs in LegOps to deal with something this big would be reckless and irresponsible.

D. We said we’d deal with the ferals. No point wasting time to avoid a job we’ll just have to do later.

Minor suggestion: Responding to these is easier and clearer if the lettering doesn’t restart on each new question.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

AD
F
J

Extending Granny’s range with a scope or mortar sounds good. Mortar might be handier in case we need to deal with any small ships.

Granny and Kruze shouldn’t be far off and the disruptors sound nasty. Better to stay in cover.
Edit: Reinforcements are too far away to matter. Run!

malbogio fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Apr 20, 2018

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Are our comms open to call for help?

Do we have a sense of how long it should take Granny to reach us?

Do we have a path of retreat available that affords meaningful cover?

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

PoultryGeist posted:

It was a walk of 10ish minutes from the bunker to here. Granny would run, but Legion are slow generally so she'd only but a bit quicker. Kruze is overseeing the resupply of the ship, which is farther and she's not a pilot.

Oh dang. Going back and changing my vote to retreat.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

B
F
I
K

Let’s engage the squatters head on and see what happens. Maybe they’re having trouble with the deathworld wildlife and can be pushed for an alliance. Maybe Granny gets to christen her mortar. Either is preferable to trying to ignore another faction while they dig in and start locking down the best territory and loot.

We have enough ground to cover here that I think the advantages of mobility shouldn’t be underestimated. We want to be able to explore faster than the competition, raid them if they piss us off, and run away when we stumble into ambushes and neph nests.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

B. We need people to ground us.
G. I’m more interested in the Brood than the reactor. We’re under contract with Eden so we may find allies in need of help. Also depending in the situation it might provide a far nicer Outpost location.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

D. Strong preference to wipe the LA out and take the plant. The more of them we can wipe out with grenades and the mortar from a safe distance and/or before they hatch the better.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

BC.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

A.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Crazycryodude posted:

poo poo, would be great to have that environmental upgrade for Granny's suit about now. Although on the other hand without the mortar we'd probably all be LA chow.

B, we don't care about such petty things as fragile meatbag environmental tolerances and should be able to do the job fine. I don't want to gently caress around with hacking Human installations in case any security takes issue with a failure, just go in and cut it away ourselves then fix the place up slow and careful once we're no longer in imminent danger.

+1

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

sheep-dodger posted:

D The Memories of your Family
Mechanoid 274 hadn't left you with a lot of those, the smile of your partner on that beach on Koltor III as the sun set, the day your youngest kid was born, your oldest crying after falling and scraping her knees. But you took what little you had left of them and entrusted it with the core of your soul, so that one day it might bring you back.

+1

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Crazycryodude posted:

D
F

Also yeah we're totally moving in here. No need to piss off both the neph AND the wayward combat archaeologists, I dunno if we could handle them both. We're already here with a side gig for some neph anyways, let's go make friends with the neighbors.

+1.

This new base is way cooler and we could do with some more biohorror allies. So far the Neph seem reasonable so long as you stick to logical rather than emotional arguements for not doing the warcrimes.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Xarbala posted:

I'm not against trying to recruit the "Feral" Neph since, of course, that's our side-gig and we could see rewards for fulfilling it. Doing it without being found out by everyone else, on the other hand, is the hard part.
Also I wasn't aware the Paladin Consortium were going up against a local nephbeast till i saw the options mentioning it. Where else was it mentioned?

PoultryGeist posted:

“Cody, were you able to get anything from that comms buoy over the center of the Plateau?”
“Not really. Its still functional, but no traffic has been logged for nearly a week. Which would line up with the Kaltorans’ survey pics with the big dust cloud. Oh, and the carrier wave is encrypted with Eden Brood algorithms. So its not second-hand gear, someone official is down there.”

Points of note: It's not feral or rando Nephs, it's our allies(?) the Eden Brood. Also looks like something major happened in their camp a week ago.

malbogio fucked around with this message at 01:45 on May 11, 2018

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

D.

If I understand correctly Kaltoran bases produce more stuff but more randomly, while Twi-Far produce less but can change locations for free?

If so I'd like to go for a huge Kaltoran settlement at the Human Facility as our main base, with smaller outposts of Twi-Far as we expand. The Twi-Far ability to abandon a location for free is worthless for a location we intend to hold at all costs.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

B
D
Kaijuberg

Can we move the defensive upgrades from the base camp to Kaijuberg?

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Mechanotron
C
E

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Crazycryodude posted:

B
F

Let them come to us, we've got a nicely fortified position. Also, that's our commnet now, rear end in a top hat. What a nice way to pay us back for literally saving your life. Although try and keep up the charade that it isn't as long as we can, we just want to use it for passive listening. At least until the battle starts, then it would be great to gently caress with it actively.

+1 but let's stick to passive listening unless we're sure it's worth it. If we make it too obvious we have a backdoor then we're going to lose it. If we keep it hidden I'd expect it to continue paying dividends.

Like the saying goes: I've got this thing and it's golden, and I'm just not giving it up for nothing. I'm not gonna do it.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

B
D

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

How would the Emergency Jump work? Is the Jenni creating the wormhole? Would the Jenni have to go through the wormhole with the falling ship?

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

D.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Xarbala posted:

I'm not picking D because I'm not ready to cash that check in with Jenni's existence as a character just yet.
I think the Jenni we talk to is entirely in 10/6’s head, a manifestation of the safety protocol she designed to keep from going killbot.

I suspect the ship on the other hand was just named Jenni because 10/6 has a serious sentimental attachment to the name (ex. Jenniston).

malbogio fucked around with this message at 08:56 on May 30, 2018

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

A.

We’re better than these meatbag toddlers. We do not succumb to emotion. Revenge is beneath us.

Cline and Hadrian are useful tools. Even when paid off Cline failed to inconvenience us. If anything he lured our opponent into a false sense of security. Hadrian are mercs and haven’t crossed any lines worth getting upset about.

Paladin is the only group to really cause offense, but they’re small and unimportant. If giving them a bloody nose is enough to make them bugger off then I’d rather not give them any more of our time.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

GreyjoyBastard posted:

or we could just go all wergild and demand some sort of compensation or consideration for the trouble he's caused us

I’m all for using the grievance of the attack as leverage. Cline doesn’t know he failed to cut our comms. Let’s let him think he did and coerce him into cutting us in on that sweet bribe money once he finds out he bet on the wrong horse. In exchange we’ll forget to use him as a human battery like the protagonists of the Matrix movies did with their enemies.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

I can't think of a better way to hurt a corporate than to empty their bank accounts.

Cline said the bribe was a lot of money too, so it's not like we're trying to milk a stone here.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

what's our STP at?
also are all space ships just kind of bad in atmo in this game?
are we near any big deep lakes?

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

GreyjoyBastard posted:

wait are the abd votes "not c" or "we want three ships"?

In this voting system an ABD vote is essentially a Not C vote.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Alright so we can afford the archon hull without going low. The only lake is six hexes and I don’t recall any anomalies that would confirm it’s worth exploring.

CD. If we’re going to spend let’s spend big. Given that the POV character essentially possesses ships it might be worthwhile.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

What’s the current state of our Influence Pools?

Do we know how much Influence any of these ship options would cost?

Reminder: We are using two types of currency here. STP (spare time points) are used once for immediate effect. Influence on the other hand is never lost, it only grows and is redistributed. Every point of Influence we gain adds 1 to both the Settlement Influence and Ship Influence pools. We started with 16 Influence and our original ship was only worth 14 but it was a rusty bucket. We probably have 20+ now. Ships cost 10+. When the Jenni blew up it freed up our Ship Influence Pool for redistribution.

Based on this we probably can’t afford to own two ships, and would be best getting a single competent ship that fully expends our ship Influence pool.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

We should probably do the project to locate feral nephs in the area before settling anywhere off the plateaus.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

BG

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

The Thinly Veiled Threat
The Failure of Diplomacy
The I Haven’t Had My Coffee Yet, So Don’t Give Me An Excuse
The Big, Blinking, Shiny, Red Button

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

F: I Haven’t Had My Coffee Yet, So Don’t Give Me An Excuse
G

Unfortunately we probably haven’t had a good coffee since we digitized and probably never will again. A bit of irritability is to be expected under the circumstances.

The teleporter offers too many sweet options to give up. Might be best to use it for a blink drive so we can run away if the mechanoids show up in force but it’s a hard call. The disintigrator option might be better for dealing with any mechanoids we come across before they run away for reinforcements. If a mechanoid fleet tracks us to the Human Facility though things are going to suck.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

B
GH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

B
E