Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«3 »
Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

E
D

We're a lovable band of misfits giving the finger to The Man and going to make our own future. Plus, having bosses and following orders sucks. So instead let's be the boss and give the orders and make everyone else miserable. Also, horrifying bioweapons are fun and good and I'm sure absolutely nothing can go wrong while loving about with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

EDIT: a game where "the tank fires at you" is treated with exactly the same dramatic heft as "what do you mean you've been sleeping with him?!?" is irresistible to me, c'mon people

Reality TV is bad and I hate it so

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

B

Those fuckers took our poo poo!

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Not Alex posted:

E. "We don't care about the hostages, you have our stuff."
This, except if they try to screw us we turn Kruze loose instead of Grandma

Look, it's not a warcrime if they're stealing your poo poo, ok?

E: Actually, hell, send them both in if we go hot. No reason to restrict ourselves, Granny kicking down doors and shooting the place up while Kruze goes all Alien through the vents to nab the hostages probably has the best chance of success.

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at Apr 10, 2018 around 00:11

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

A

Even if it wouldn't net us the currency you spend on Cool poo poo, having the people who control the main port for the entire planet owe us a favor is very useful

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

While we're here and can easily get into the station's computer systems, can we sneak around a bit and give ourselves hidden admin access, maybe a remote backdoor we can access while planetside, whatever else we feel would be useful? Never know when that kind of thing might come in handy and we've got lots of time plus physical access to be super sneaky and make sure our tracks are thoroughly covered.

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at Apr 12, 2018 around 03:22

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Good neighbors do preventative espionage on each other all the time, I'm sure it's no big deal. I'm totally down to have whoever's the best at computer stuff install a backdoor while everyone else is helping with repairs, never hurts to be prepared. This is the one space station for the entire planet, it's a critical strategic asset that we have a golden opportunity to exert some more control over.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

C E

Get all the Influence we can, and keep the workshop-in-a-box as our wildcard. Might end up being critical planetside, and if we suddenly find a pressing need for one of the workshops we can just set it up then.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Oh, thoroughly compromise the commsats while we're gonna be sitting around with them in the cargo holds for a week anyways. Never hurts to be able to listen in on or even cut your enemies out of the network.

Yes I'm aware my suggestions are apparently always "break into the nearest computer system and make us some back doors" but it's useful, damnit.

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at Apr 14, 2018 around 03:08

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

S1: D
S2: A

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

B
DF

Fungal forests are cool and good and absolutely nothing can go wrong in them. If we can't go to the awesome totally friendly definitely not crawling with Mindworms fungal continent, might as well go where all the feral Nephilim we need to tame are.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

CD
Write-in: Appear to be retreating, but actually try to draw them into an ambush (assuming they're after us). If they don't bite, H.
J

We don't have much time to prepare an ambush but hopefully they'll get cocky

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

B
EF
-
L

Gotta think more on potential locations, I'll edit my vote for that in later.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

CF

Captain TenSixths isn't really the touchy-feely type, and not just because she doesn't have organic nerves and emotions. We're an ex-spaceship with severe PTSD. In the past, people hosed with us. We're gonna make sure nobody fucks with us, or the people we like, again. Elf Granny doesn't need to worry though, we like her.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

dont be mean to me posted:

You actually miss being an enemy of the sapient races, don't you.

Not sapients, just meatbags

If they don't want to die then why do they keep making themselves out of carbon and volatiles?

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

C

Hot drat, genuine Human tech, this is a loving motherlode. Don't bring in mercs, they'll just kill us and take it for themselves. And nuking it from orbit is obviously no good. So shooty-bangs it is.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

A, the firing line and mortar seem to be dealing with the main nest well enough, we can spare the grenades to deal with the others.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

poo poo, would be great to have that environmental upgrade for Granny's suit about now. Although on the other hand without the mortar we'd probably all be LA chow.

B, we don't care about such petty things as fragile meatbag environmental tolerances and should be able to do the job fine. I don't want to gently caress around with hacking Human installations in case any security takes issue with a failure, just go in and cut it away ourselves then fix the place up slow and careful once we're no longer in imminent danger.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

B

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

D
F

Also yeah we're totally moving in here. No need to piss off both the neph AND the wayward combat archaeologists, I dunno if we could handle them both. We're already here with a side gig for some neph anyways, let's go make friends with the neighbors.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

D, Twi-Far would be good for less permanent outposts what with their whole teleporting around schtick, but for the main base we plan on basically never giving up unless we're nuked out we want people a bit more tied-down.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

B
C
N

I dunno, something about Firebase Hothouse just does it for me. Especially seeing as our main way of interacting with the neighbors has been mortar fire so far.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

PoultryGeist posted:

Its main geothermal reactor is geared to generate power on a scale we can't really take advantage of at the moment

Does this mean that at some point we will be able to use that much power?

Completely unrelated, but how expensive are fuckoff huge doom lasers that can snipe a moon out of orbit?

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

We are the robot

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Repair Mechanotron Control
A, sell food for Influence
E, pollen vaccine

Getting the auto-repair back online is cheap, has affordable upkeep, and will make the place fix itself. Win win win, imo. Plus, who the hell can turn down a legion of Human killbots servitors that completely and totally only civilian in nature. As to laying low and just exporting food, no need to go out and stick our nose in other peoples' business, we've got a good thing going right here let's just bank up some influence for expansion later. Ditto on the pollen vaccine, we're sitting on a goldmine of human tech that's nowhere near secure or established enough to safely draw the kind of attention being the center of a trade network does, so we should just stick to local fun for now. And local fun requires hacking our way through the helljungle. So we need the vaccine first to make local fun more practical.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

B
F

Let them come to us, we've got a nicely fortified position. Also, that's our commnet now, rear end in a top hat. What a nice way to pay us back for literally saving your life. Although try and keep up the charade that it isn't as long as we can, we just want to use it for passive listening. At least until the battle starts, then it would be great to gently caress with it actively.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

What kind of traps can we set up in the jungle with the time we have? I'll take anything from digging a few pit traps to filling the whole place with landmines, whatever we can manage.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

B
D

Let's hit these motherfuckers so hard they start getting 'Nam flashbacks despite not even knowing what a "Nam" is. Bonus points if we can buy even more ambush/trap/whatever dice to amp up the jungle terrorism.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

The note should be "don't gently caress with these guys"

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Hexenritter posted:

B, with a rider that we are not lapsing, we are intending on paying back insult and offence with systematic, calculated vengeance. We will not shy away, we will not falter, and we will avenge every life that was lost from our care.
They were family, they were innocent, they were ours.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

BC, come on how can we NOT get the Archon Weirdness Ship to go with our Human Weirdness Base?

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

B
F

Ain't nobody pulling this poo poo on us again, and we've got an Archon battlecruiser to back it up.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

B
G

Ohmigodohmigodohmigod this is the best day EVER

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

I am very excited by the possibilities presented by having our own teleporter. Something like teleporting nukes directly into the CIC of any ship that tries to gently caress with us is the absolute basic "5 seconds of thought" poo poo and I already love it. Imagine what kind of bullshit we could get up to.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

B
G

I am so glad that 274-H is our spirit animal

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

PoultryGeist posted:

Possibly. Any definite answers would require nailing down 274-h's nature.

Our better half

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at Jun 13, 2018 around 20:09

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

C
E

C is on the condition that it's Paladin we're loving up. I feel like playing the bad guy on a popular reality TV show is gonna put a stain on our reputation in real life. I mean, yeah, it's obviously all scripted, but as is traditional the audience are mainly rubes who DON'T know that and will think we actually really are evil pirates and will refuse to deal with us/run away/shoot on sight/whatever else. Let's just gently caress with our one established enemy instead of accidentally making more.

E: Also, let's maybe not broadcast our crazy advanced Archon spaceship on a major TV program, somebody might decide they really want it and come try to take it. Nothing good ever comes of publicity, I tell ya.

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at Jun 17, 2018 around 06:06

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

BC

Oh my god Evil Twin Jenni. How many loving people does 10/6 have in her head? Who thought it would be a good idea to let us have access to any weaponry at all, much less what we've managed to scrape together?

This is gonna be awesome

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Bringing the commnet back online is a good secondary priority, but yeah agreed that if we can put getting the actual 'formers running at the bottom of the queue that'd be great. We don't need them for anything right now and turning them on will just draw unwanted attention.

Actually, thinking about it, can we ask Lamarr to have her mechanotrons start work on some defensive systems? I'm sure she's gotta have the blueprints that are labeled as a basic level 1 Human security fence tucked away somewhere which because it's human tech turns out to be like a 40 foot doomwall covered in lasers. But yeah, we need defenses. Preferably anti-air/space ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Alright, who's up for a road trip out to Central Control once Heddy's got enough guns online to hold down the fort while we're away? This should be fun!

«3 »