Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy
This was a lot of fun to watch with a crowd on opening night. The audience audibly gasped when the daughter turned off her hearing aid. It seemed suicidal.

935 posted:

it felt like the air got sucked out of the theater the entire duration of the birth. Every second between the nail and the fireworks I don't think I drew a breath we were all on edge..

The pacing was tense, alright, and the jump cuts were effective, sure; but I don't think I've winced at a movie as hard as when I saw the nail scene.

meanolmrcloud posted:

I thought the first 3/4 of the movie was fuckin brilliant, and then it felt like they scrambled for ideas to riff on the theme, only some of which worked out well.

I wonder if the original ending was more grim (like if the speaker blew out or something) and was changed to the more positive one when it didn't test well. Though one wonders why nobody thought to try that on the creatures before.

e: Just remembered the CREATURE|SURVIVE whiteboard, complete tonal dissonance with how well everything else in the movie was handled, to the point where it wraps around to being funny again.

Quebec Bagnet fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Apr 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU