Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!

Remote User posted:

Anyone else unnerved by the corn suffocation I wanted to squirm around in my seat, but it would have been too loud and I would have certainly been shamed.

I was trying to explain this as a Nebraskan who lives in New Hampshire to my friends and they didn't get it. We had it drilled in our heads from a young age that you do NOT gently caress around with corn silos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!

Capri Sun Tzu posted:

It's not just sound through right, it's echolocation. They use sound to build a Daredevil style view of their environment. So no they won't attack alarm clocks, thatls why the creatures emit a high-frequency sonar pulse that the hearing aid can amplify, and that's why standing still can be a somewhat effective defense since echolocation is greatly aided by movement. They might hear your heartbeat but if you're completely still they have trouble picking you out from the wall you're standing against.

There's no way she should have survived wading through that water to grab the baby since the thing was underwater and sound is amplified underwater.