Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Some idle thoughts:

I appreciate wanting to have sex with Emily Blunt (I'd do it) and wanting to replace that dumb kid that got himself killed but having a kid in a world where you can't make sound is irresponsible.

I'd probably take up shop in a windowless factory

I give this movie 5 bags of popcorn and two sodas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

It's very, very close to guaranteed that it will if this movie gets any kind of pop-culture relevancy

Like, this keeps getting dismissed when I bring it up like "yeah, post-apocalypse movie is reactionary, whatever" and that kind of makes me think y'all don't really have context on this issue. For the purpose of an analogy, this is sort of like if they made a wendigo movie with a nearly-all-Native cast that tried to be as respectful as possible to Native culture for 90% of its runtime, and then ended it by having General Custer come in and shoot all the wendigos to heroic swelling music and all the Native protagonists go "THANK YOU GENERAL CUSTER, YOU'RE OUR HERO"

That's most of why I find this situation interesting/hilarious: because I'm pretty sure literally nobody who's not either in or deeply familiar with the deaf community is gonna catch this. It's very, very clearly a case where the movie's well-meaning and they just blundered like all hell, and it is absolutely not going to be taken as a well-meaning blunder because of just how touchy the deaf community is about this, it's going to be taken as a deliberate attempt to hurt deaf people.

e: Seriously, this movie's existence is like the setup for a Curb Your Enthusiasm episode or something.

You're literally the only person I've seen bring this up. You already got shot down in the horror thread for it.