Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...

Unormal posted:

The sequel is going to be terrible, but I'm going to see it anyway.

If this was Alien, the sequel will be Aliens with Regan becoming a deaf badass and saving the marines.

This movie was great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...

curlys gold posted:

Yes the truck is quieter than walking, the thing they’ve been doing fine with for the entire running time.

The truck offers a modicum of protection and was clearly being used as a last resort-type option to get back to safety. It’s not that hard to see that.

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...

GoldStandardConure posted:

It was in neutral, and rolling.

The engine wasn't on.

This.

Seriously, it’s not that hard to comprehend.

It doesn’t matter if the truck could start, it wasn’t there for that. Just think of it as a big, enclosed wagon at the top of a hill they could use to get to the bottom of the hill quickly in an emergency.

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...
^^ Yes, that. The change in night/daytime while the truck is rolling is a legitimate nitpick. Why the truck was there is not.

curlys gold posted:

You’re suggesting that they drove a truck to the top of a hill as a planned safety precaution.

Or it was pushed there from nearby. Or it was already parked there near the tool shed because it’s a farm. Or you can nitpick over a really trivial detail you don’t even remember completely.

Braincloud fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Apr 14, 2018

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...

Lt_Tofu posted:

So three trucks are parked in neutral on the edge of a cliff...

Are they numbered 1, 2, and 4?

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...

Kin posted:

Well, loud sounds are still a weakness in that they can't detect anything quieter like, say people in an upstairs flat behind double glazed windows while there's a load of cars and music blaring about outside.

If this film wasn't set in bumpkinruralsville the entire premise would have fallen apart because all you'd do is have sound systems blasting out music (or gently caress it, the sounds of waterfalls) 24/7.

It would only have taken few tweaks to make it less plotholey.

1) Reduce the number of days that have passed
2) Get rid of the newspaper 'plot for dummies' prop
3) Change the writing on his board from 'i think there's 3' to 'i think there's 30'
4) Get rid of the waterfall scene

That would have made it seem like whatever these creatures are, there are loads of them and they hit hard and fast; that there's no clear weakness and that things have happened so quickly, humanity didn't even get the chance to spot any potential frequency based weakness.

Yeah, but the real commentary in this movie is that rural bumpkins are dumb.

City dwellas fo’ lyfe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...

Dan Didio posted:

Let's turn this powerful tale about the fragility of modern life and the power of inter-family bonds into a tactical simulation of wether or not a team of Navy Seals would be able to beat one hundred child-sized sound demons or one adult sized sound-demon.

That’s the sequel. They’re going to have to get the drop ship from the Sulaco tho.