Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe
Overall, I loved it, and everyone should see it.

My minor quibble list:

The sub-arc with her whispering 'protect them' and the dad's death felt forced and unnecessary.

I agree that the first thing anyone does is blast noise to stop them. Just shoot them in the ear with the shotgun?

The screaming old dude in the forest was a really bizarre scene that had no payoff. The one payoff I could think of was to demonstrate that there are other people out there, but they already established that with the watchtower fires early on.

Every other scene and plot was good to amazing.

The sequel is going to be terrible, but I'm going to see it anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe

Braincloud posted:

If this was Alien, the sequel will be Aliens with Regan becoming a deaf badass and saving the marines.

This movie was great.

Ok, I take it back.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe
What does SMG think though?

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe
"A Quiet Place" Discussion: Never Stop Fuckin