Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Joey McChrist posted:

it wasnt out of nowhere, he had a lot of time practicing it on al

I think that's exactly what he was doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Dana White just indicated that Joanna's leg kicks did nothing to Rose. She's still walking around backstage doing media like nothing occurred.

He also said he's flying out for WrestleMania tonight to support Ronda.

Le Saboteur fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Apr 8, 2018

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gay Horney posted:

The narrative of the fight should have been 'holy poo poo, Khabib developed a nasty stiff jab out of loving Nowhere"

Yeah Khabib's standup is kind of funny looking in some ways but he slaughtered him with that jab. Rogan needs to take more Alpha Brain.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Le Saboteur posted:

Dana White just indicated that Joanna's leg kicks did nothing to Rose. She's still walking around backstage doing media like nothing occurred.

was joe rogan constantly on about how she was chewing up rose's leg or something because i want to say 'no poo poo'

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
khabib was dead tired though. basically on his last legs. just like silva when he 'fought' maia.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Marching Powder posted:

was joe rogan constantly on about how she was chewing up rose's leg or something because i want to say 'no poo poo'

Yes it was a huge narrative in the commentary during the fight.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

lol. good ol joe

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Marching Powder posted:

lol. good ol joe

Yeah I kept thinking most of those leg kicks were just like slaps on the leg with the foot. They never looked to be terribly powerful.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Marching Powder posted:

lol. good ol joe

He was doing that all night. He picked a narrative and stuck with it no matter what. Like Iaquinta being dangerous on the feet while getting jabbed a million times.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Tezcatlipoca posted:

I think that's exactly what he was doing.

He did say something about the jab in the post-fight interview but I missed what it was

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Rose also said she did very strongly consider calling off the fight due to the stress in that moment but she cooled off with her team and got her head right.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Le Saboteur posted:

Dana White just indicated that Joanna's leg kicks did nothing to Rose.

So it’s confirmed they were devastating

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Why were AKA guys with Khabib? Does he train with then?

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Yes

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Shadow225 posted:

Why were AKA guys with Khabib? Does he train with then?

Since he got into the UFC. He trains in Russia and finishes his camps with AKA or something like that.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Le Saboteur posted:

He also said he's flying out for WrestleMania tonight to support Ronda.

If they did nothing to her why did she slow down as the fight progressed and Joanna was able to start getting into range easier? She wasn't as hurt going into the 5th as I thought she might be, but those leg kicks either did something or Rose just decided to let Joana back into the fight for no reason.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

If they did nothing to her why did she slow down as the fight progressed and Joanna was able to start getting into range easier? She wasn't as hurt going into the 5th as I thought she might be, but those leg kicks either did something or Rose just decided to let Joana back into the fight for no reason.

She could have gotten tired from punching Joanna so much. It's not like Rose is known for being a cardio machine. She still moved around well unlike Kattar. It was both things though.

Edit: As she said it's probably not as bad as getting leg kicked by Pat Barry.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Combination of the leg kicks and getting a bit tired I think. She mentioned she felt the movement wasn't really working for her anymore so she stopped it at some point and got a little heavier on her strikes.

Dana was just comparing it to other fighters who seemed to get their leg chewed up during a fight and post fight are on crutches, in a wheelchair or walking with a limp. He said Rose did not appear to have any issues walking and doing her media obligations and when she entered the presser she did not have a visible limp at all.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Tezcatlipoca posted:

She could have gotten tired from punching Joanna so much. It's not like Rose is known for being a cardio machine. She still moved around well unlike Kattar. It was both things though.

Edit: As she said it's probably not as bad as getting leg kicked by Pat Barry.

Except she didn't and she said it hurt her movement. Her movement clearly wasn't as good, but she was still punching effectively in the 5th so it seems more likely that her leg was damaged enough to hamper her vs she was gassed.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

the woman who got her leg chopped off by devastating kicks all night was moving significantly better than the woman whose legs had barely been touched all night and is known for having a huge gas tank. watch now as i explain this phenomenon in a forums post.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
As the press conference enters its fourth hour, we wait with bated breath to see what else the UFC has to tell us.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I think the leg kick effectiveness is just a question we'll need answered in the trilogy finale.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Leg kicks dont hurt very much and are a waste of time, for the most part. The fighter who spends more energy doing them usually loses each fight

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

She had big old welts and bruises on her thighs, I bet they hurt. But I didn’t make her walk a tape line backstage wearing those goggles that turn poo poo upside down so I’ll defer to those that did

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

he have to stop eat boorger kings

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I think the problem.with Joanna's leg kicks were that they were mostly landing with her foot slapping Roses leg. To get the effect desired on people who really get hosed up by leg kicks you need to have your shin bone digging into that leg meat. Otherwise when the top of your foot is just slapping the leg it's going to create a bunch of redness around the area it hit but not like deep tissue damage like we've seen in other fights where leg kicks have played a bigger factor.

Le Saboteur fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Apr 8, 2018

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Khabib joking in every answer

Reporter: What about the criminal dude you talked about
Khabib gets all serious and evasive

Next question, joking again.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
'Why did Rose slow down and let her opponent back into the fight' is a question best answered by watching Rose's previous fights, where she does this repeatedly for no real reason. She's a front-runner.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Dan Didio posted:

'Why did Rose slow down and let her opponent back into the fight' is a question best answered by watching Rose's previous fights, where she does this repeatedly for no real reason. She's a front-runner.

i am honestly stunned she turned it around.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Schnorkles posted:

i kinda think you can argue that khabib has lost a step from all the knee injuries and isn't as quite as monstrous as he was in 14/15 tbh

Back then he would have gotten three 10-8 rounds.

spb posted:

There's a roadmap to beat him

It's been there the entire loving time he's been in the UFC.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Khabib looked literally the same as always. He got lit up my Michael Johnson not that long ago.

Which is to say that Johnson landed three punches until he got wrestled so badly he forgot how to stand up and walk, leading to Khabib lighting him up later in the fight.

Marching Powder posted:

khabib was dead tired though. basically on his last legs. just like silva when he 'fought' maia.

Lucky that he'd already hit Al so much then.

Le Saboteur posted:

Rose also said she did very strongly consider calling off the fight due to the stress in that moment but she cooled off with her team and got her head right.

That's great that she's got such a good team then. That was always her weakness: shitloads of talent and ability, but a propensity for brain farts.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Marching Powder posted:

i am honestly stunned she turned it around.

I had flashbacks to the Karolina fight when Joanna started kneeing her in the body in the clinch.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Dan Didio posted:

I had flashbacks to the Karolina fight when Joanna started kneeing her in the body in the clinch.

i think i said something about her clinch deficit after the second round. it's glaring. it's lucky that rose's power was, hilariously, sufficient to stop joanna just wading into the plum and killing her.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm looking forward to Karolina winning their second fight and becoming Kookies Champion.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I'm looking forward to Karolina winning their second fight and becoming Kookies Champion.

Nah, Rose finally bought the 'gameplans' DLC and got Youtube to show her how to use it while using a mod to lessen the effects of personal trauma on her fighting style. She's unstoppable now.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Snowman_McK posted:

Nah, Rose finally bought the 'gameplans' DLC and got Youtube to show her how to use it while using a mod to lessen the effects of personal trauma on her fighting style. She's unstoppable now.

drat EA with their day 1 dlc and pay to win game economy.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

This thread title has to be top 5 of all time

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Marching Powder posted:

i think i said something about her clinch deficit after the second round. it's glaring. it's lucky that rose's power was, hilariously, sufficient to stop joanna just wading into the plum and killing her.

It was kinda funny between one of the later rounds listen to Wiittman in his super kind voice he uses try to make it very clear for her to not go in the clinch with Joanna

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Nystral posted:

drat EA with their day 1 dlc and pay to win game economy.

• Locked thread