Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

Mr. Powers posted:

Do they re-shoot sketches? The lobster sketch on YouTube is better than the one on my recording. Specifically, the sing-a-long is actually lined up with the lyrics, and Cecily's first line in the third song it properly timed.
I haven’t watched the YT/Hulu version yet, but SNL routinely fixes technical errors and/or uses dress rehearsal versions of sketches in repeats, and sometimes online, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

pwn posted:

I haven’t watched the YT/Hulu version yet, but SNL routinely fixes technical errors and/or uses dress rehearsal versions of sketches in repeats, and sometimes online, too.

I don't think they did a full replacement, just fixed the two things I mentioned. Pete is still unable to not laugh and Kate still struggles to hold it in during her song.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

According to Mulaney, he wrote the switcheroo and diner lobster skits back in 2009/2010 and they never made it past table read, which blows my mind. Obviously the lobster one took a shitload of set designing resources, but switcheroo was easily my favorite of the night. Even knowing that, outside of the cold open and monologue, this episode seemed like it had Kyle Mooney and Beck Bennett's weirdness all over it.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Eat This Glob posted:

According to Mulaney, he wrote the switcheroo and diner lobster skits back in 2009/2010 and they never made it past table read, which blows my mind.
It’s understandable, I’m sure there were Gillys and Sues to get on the air those weeks.

Edit: I felt most of the night was Mulaney getting all the weird poo poo on that had been rejected over the years. We basically got an entire episode of 12:55s

pwn fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Apr 15, 2018

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
That was the best episode ever. Jack White wad just icing on the cake.

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

Mr. Powers posted:

I don't think they did a full replacement, just fixed the two things I mentioned. Pete is still unable to not laugh and Kate still struggles to hold it in during her song.

The live version has Pete order a tuna salad sandwich, doesn't it? The YT version has him order veal.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Mister Mind posted:

The live version has Pete order a tuna salad sandwich, doesn't it? The YT version has him order veal.

Yeah, it was a tuna melt at the end of the live skit.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
It was veal when I watched it last night on the east coast. They used to occasionally sub out dress rehearsal versions of some skits for the west coast airing.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Apr 16, 2018

pwn
May 27, 2004

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

It was veal when I watched it last night on the east coast.
What? Did you mean west coast? The live show (which should have been seen C2C) was tuna. I wouldn’t be surprised if the regular recrded 11:30 broadcast was edited.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Mister Mind posted:

I’m on the west coast so I only saw the veal version. Did the tuna version have a line that was replaced by “let’s go kill that baby cow” in the version I watched?

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
I just checked the recording on my DVR that came from the 8:30 West Coast broadcast.

He says “Tuna Melt.” Also the sing-along subtitles are way out of sync.

The 11:30 broadcast on the west coast will typically get edited with bits that worked better in dress.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
Wait, so is it -stain or -stein?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

pwn posted:

What? Did you mean west coast? The live show (which should have been seen C2C) was tuna. I wouldn’t be surprised if the regular recrded 11:30 broadcast was edited.

Actually I’m an idiot, I caught it on Hulu. I’ll blame sleep deprivation after getting up for a 6am flight.

Deltron 3030
Jul 23, 2006

I submit that you took that baseball, stashed it in your unusually large vagina, and walked right on out of here!

pwn posted:

Yes
Which one was Null’s?

Horn removal.

Can I see your calf-holes?

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Horn removal: kinda dumb

Lobster sketch: amazing

cold open: pretty good

Also really liked Laura Ingraham on weekend update

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

Mister Mind posted:

Yeah, I didn't pick up on that because I was just in awe at the production value and probably laughing a lot too (much like Pete).

pwn
May 27, 2004

May is set!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Did you ever notice that you never see Donald Glover and the Childish Gambino at the same time?

I think somethings up.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

A loud long wet fart sandwiched between two of the best comedians ever.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

rodbeard posted:

A loud long wet fart sandwiched between two of the best comedians ever.

Wow, didn't know you like Mulaney that much.

I take it Tina is the finale? I'm hoping they keep the politics to the cold open, all of the best skits this season have avoided it or been about pooping in the office.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Wow, didn't know you like Mulaney that much.

I take it Tina is the finale? I'm hoping they keep the politics to the cold open, all of the best skits this season have avoided it or been about pooping in the office.

So you're unironically calling Amy Schumer one of the greatest comedians of all time.

Just making sure.

pwn
May 27, 2004

I like her, I wouldn’t call her one of the greatest. I would, also, not call her a fart

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Propaganda Machine posted:

So you're unironically calling Amy Schumer one of the greatest comedians of all time.

Just making sure.

https://www.google.com/search?ei=8pnZWrnBJoP0zgLbxbtw&q=donald+glover+comedy&oq=donald+glover+comedy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dGzfrVqlxA

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Just something about the name Kacey Musgraves conjured up cowboy hats and acoustic guitars, and Google did not disappoint.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I keep reading about Kacey Musgraves being a super-progressive feminist with a huge LGBT following. From all accounts, she's country, but people who aren't traditionally into modern country also find her cool. I'm looking forward to seeing what she does.

SNL introduced me to Margo Price when she was on last year, and now I think she's a badass, speaking of female country singers.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Kacey Musgraves is loving awesome

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I keep reading about Kacey Musgraves being a super-progressive feminist with a huge LGBT following. From all accounts, she's country, but people who aren't traditionally into modern country also find her cool. I'm looking forward to seeing what she does.

SNL introduced me to Margo Price when she was on last year, and now I think she's a badass, speaking of female country singers.

Country has a group of these types coming along and it's great. Sturgill Simpson and Jason Isbell are also very good.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

sportsgenius86 posted:

Kacey Musgraves is loving awesome

Yup. 100% great, and I'm happy for her to get the slot

pwn
May 27, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dENn8JgQz0

pwn
May 27, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L941SgWJRv4

- “Drag Brunch” was written by James Anderson
- “Diner Lobster” was written in 2010 by Mulaney for host Zach Galifianakis

pwn
May 27, 2004

Here's one out of left field: A cut sketch from January 13 2001, with Charlie Sheen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiMKbiZRhCQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pwn
May 27, 2004

new thread, come on over

• Locked thread