Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

DJExile posted:

yo FAS they're doing another preseason game in Lehigh Valley

https://twitter.com/LVPhantoms/stat...on-in-september

It’s crazy how well the Phantoms and arena are doing in Allentown. Really nice to see.

I moved out of that area in 2008, and it’s basically a different city now (Allentown, Bethlehem).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Duckman2008 posted:

It’s crazy how well the Phantoms and arena are doing in Allentown. Really nice to see.

I moved out of that area in 2008, and it’s basically a different city now (Allentown, Bethlehem).

it sounds like it's a really nice arena too

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I would love for the Preds to do a preseason game here in Milwaukee :argh:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

There's been talk of the CBJ playing a preseason game in Cleveland at the Q.

Hey guys it is time for Ilya Bryzgalov to go to the Las Vegas and talk about Stanley Cup Finals. Let's watch and see how many Elvis he meets:

https://twitter.com/PlayersTribune/status/1003653257259110401

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

FBS posted:

Vegas' performance in the final is really starting to upset me

Live by the PDO bender, die by the PDO bender.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
I think the leafs did a preseason game at the Marlies arena last year.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/NYIslanders/status/1004060455273410561

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Grats IAS :toot:

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
Booooooooo

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

gently caress yes

Hire a real head coach and re-hire snow as ambassador to chiarelli and things are looking up

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

I can't believe that former Islanders players Garth Snow and Doug Weight weren't the best men for the GM and HC jobs in NYI!

I was assured that their hiring was the result of an exhaustive search of all qualified candidates and certainly not just cronyism.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/ArponBasu/status/1004062485568110592?s=19

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/JapersRink/status/1004065959148220416

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
If Lou wants some veteran presence on the blue line we have a Marc Staal for him.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Matt Martin is 100% going to be traded to the Isles.

Also I really hope Tavares goes to UFA instead of doing the boring re-sign with your old team thing that Stamkos did. Stamkos at least had the no state-income tax and competitive team excuses.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

Mind_Taker posted:

Matt Martin is 100% going to be traded to the Isles.

Also I really hope Tavares goes to UFA instead of doing the boring re-sign with your old team thing that Stamkos did. Stamkos at least had the no state-income tax and competitive team excuses.

JT to the rangers e5

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Grats, Isles. :)

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

oh my god you guys

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I assume some of its because of the draft is less than a month

Come on Lou, I want a senile old man reach

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I assume some of its because of the draft is less than a month

Come on Lou, I want a senile old man reach

It's very likely that and just shoving one or both of them to 'ambassador' positions where they just make occasional PR appearances

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

DJExile posted:

it sounds like it's a really nice arena too

It is, Phantoms games are great to go to.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Mind_Taker posted:

I can't believe that former Islanders players Garth Snow and Doug Weight weren't the best men for the GM and HC jobs in NYI!

I was assured that their hiring was the result of an exhaustive search of all qualified candidates and certainly not just cronyism.

It hasn't been that long since Garth Snow was thought of positively.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
There was some rumour that Sorokin/his agent didn't want to sign with the Islanders while Snow was GM.

Twin Cinema posted:

Here, especially.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Twin Cinema posted:

He made some real good moves like getting Leddy, Boychuk, had some nice drafts, but then has poo poo the bed hard on coaching and finding a way to get the remaining pieces they need.

Anyways I'd really really be cautious about Lou running the show at this point but I guess you never know, he can maybe at least find a halfway decent coach

lol if they hire AV

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He got Boychuk and then ruined it immediately with the contract.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Tavares is as good as gone as soon as Lou tells him he has to shave off his tasteful 5 o'clock shadow

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Twin Cinema posted:

Yeah but then he signed Clutterbuck, Cizikas, and Ladd to insane deals and also hired a really bad coach.

Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

Yea I thought Lou is bad. Garth and Doug are also bad but I don't know that Lou is a huge upgrade as gm. Isles will probably get a decent coach now though

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Barry Trotz doesn’t have a contract...

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

11 playoff wins under his watch. That's not even one a year. Why did he last so loving long?

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

JoelJoel posted:

11 playoff wins under his watch. That's not even one a year. Why did he last so loving long?

he's best friends with Charles Wang, the worst owner in any sport over the past 25 years

Rumor had it that before Wang sold the team he gave Snow some ridiculously long, buyout-proof contract. Much like the one Wang drew up for DiPietro, except no one knows the exact details Snow's deal, even now. But the Isles' most well informed beat writer recently said that Snow still had at least 4 more years left on it. I can't imagine how much the new owners would have to pay to be rid of Snow, but maybe they get around it by reassigning him to another role in the org. They really do need to just create an ambassador to Chia post because Snow is actually qualified for that one.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Now that I think about it, DiPietro might improve the Islanders goaltending right now.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Iodised QQ posted:

he's best friends with Charles Wang, the worst owner in any sport over the past 25 years

Rumor had it that before Wang sold the team he gave Snow some ridiculously long, buyout-proof contract. Much like the one Wang drew up for DiPietro, except no one knows the exact details Snow's deal, even now. But the Isles' most well informed beat writer recently said that Snow still had at least 4 more years left on it. I can't imagine how much the new owners would have to pay to be rid of Snow, but maybe they get around it by reassigning him to another role in the org. They really do need to just create an ambassador to Chia post because Snow is actually qualified for that one.

*cough* Donald Sterling *cough*

Das_Ubermike
Sep 2, 2011

www.oldmanmurray.com

Iodised QQ posted:

Quick. Someone photoshop Garth Snow's head onto Martin's body.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/NickFoligno/status/1004337157216096256

lol

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

You're free.........you're finally free......:unsmith:

*Islanders slowly fade out of existence*

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
I don't believe it will take long for Isles fans to start complaining about Lou once he gets going.. Hunter would have been the better hire imo.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Iodised QQ posted:

He's not even the worst Islanders Owner in the past 25 years.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

syzpid posted:

He's not even the worst Islanders Owner in the past 25 years.

The other day I saw on ebay an Islanders puck signed by John Spano, in case you were wondering what the most ironic collectible of all time is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Zodijackylite posted:

Where do you find AHL possession stats?

Yeah I didn't know there were AHL stats.

• Locked thread