Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Stars signed some kind of pastry out of college. The team is saved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Whatever dirt Snow has on ownership must be pretty interesting. What is it now, 12 years of mediocrity and failure and he just keeps getting the vote of confidence?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

You forgot about signing JT and the 'chuck.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Furnaceface posted:

Is it too early to welcome the Flyers?

I'm sure we're safe welcoming Elliot at the very least.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

bub spank posted:

They were basically a top-tier playoff team with Karlsson on the ice, and a top-5 pick quality team with Karlsson off the ice.

This year, goaltending stopped covering the faults when Karlsson was off the ice, and also decided to let in a ton of goals when Karlsson was on the ice.

*a Karlsson with 1.5 broken legs.

Buuuuuut, he's probably going to need a raise, so they should trade him.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Stars continue to be cool. Shame they can't be good also.

gently caress Nill.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Rinne definitely gets the Vezina. Pk is cool and Hedman probably deserves the Norris, so it'll go to doughty. Plus, he was better this year than 15-16 when he won't it.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Sup, Philly?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

sedative posted:

Couturier played with a torn MCL and said he'd have been out four weeks of this was the regular season.

He had what, 5 points today? I want some of those drugs.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Hainsey and Polak were an absolute treat to watch all series.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Philly from st Louis and islanders from Calgary

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Hand Knit posted:

The Plekanec trade might legitimately be Lou's best move as Leafs GM. Off the top of my head, only that and the Marleau signing are the above "do nothing" moves he's made.

The worst, on the other hand, is absolutely the Zaitsev extension. That's absolutely a "pray the lockout comes with amnesties" contract.

I had to look that one up because for some reason I remember him getting 3 years and holy hell that's a stupid contract. Also why is hainsey signed for 3 mil? And why for another year? And why at all?

Fake edit: why does zaitsev have a ntc? Jesus, lou.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Or maybe he means 300 overall over a 10 rep set.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

DJExile posted:

He was always fairly well spoken off the ice when he was in Philly, and since getting out of the league he seems to be doing his absolute damndest to help others out however he can. Steve Montador's death hit him really hard (i think they were really good friends) and he's been super outspoken about mental health issues and life after pro hockey.

Yeah, he's been beating this drum for a while now and it's great work that I wish more ex players would get on board with.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

We get the post mortum on Kessel yet? He look like he was being held together with duct tape and happy pills.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I hear Aho and TT went to a party once. I guess we could take them off their hands.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Lol, I forgot housley got the nod for the Sabres. What a stupid loving franchise.

E: I'd rip on Carolina but it's been over a decade and no one cares. Why are they still a franchise?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Future 70 point scorer right there.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Someone got a talkin to.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

ThinkTank posted:

Technically the Habs can trade Shea Weber without any restrictions right now as he negated his NTC by accepting a trade to Montreal.

Lol, good luck with that. Only a complete moron of a gm would take in that anchor of a contract.

Lol

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

stab posted:

I had a irl dream of him being traded to dallas for that finnish superkid they have (Heiskanen?)

then i woke up and was sad

Nill isn't an idiot. Well, not a complete idiot. Well not...

gently caress you.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

i am the bird posted:

They will definitely trade him.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Lol, I had Sutter as an overpaid 20/25 guy in my mind.

26 points last year! Amazing! Foundational!

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

fits posted:

i guess devils are for kovy but that was just a weird situation all around and the cap recapture is less than a league minimum contract so :shrug:

Till 2025!

The NHL cares as much about enforcing their own rules as they do about the health of their own players.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Hello, San Jose.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

That Gourd whiff though.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

This, but with a coyote.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Did he shave his hairline back?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Either way, it looks divine.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I guess Nichushkin is looking to come back to na. That's good. Dallas needs depth in a big way.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

HootTheOwl posted:

How about a late first rounder and the hossa contract for a bag of pucks?

Retain some salary and the Sens will probably give them a 1st.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

kalensc posted:

Three hot dogs, two Cups, one ball, zero fucks. Kessel owns.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

All these old, straight, white executives keep getting into bad touch trouble. If only there were some other groups they could draw talent from. Too bad there isn't a single other type of person that can competently run a business. Too bad.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

11 playoff wins under his watch. That's not even one a year. Why did he last so loving long?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Good run, Vegas. I believed.

Sucks you'll never be back.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Vincent Van Goat posted:

VGK are St. Louis for a new millennium

Nah, they ain't going back multiple times.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Vegas blowing by Winnipeg like it was no big thang messed me up and tricked me into thinking they weren't paper tigers.

Deep down we all knew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Maybe this is the year buffalo turns a corner. Maybe!

• Locked thread