Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

yellowcar posted:

I wouldn't even be mad if the Isles win 1st and 2nd overall tbh

Me too, friend, me too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

grack posted:

Oilers confirmed that Chiarelli will be back next year.

Condolences, Edmonton fans

Congratulations, Devils and islander fans

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

I think it says more about that 2015 draft that guys like Connor and McAvoy aren't finalists and yet the people above them all deserve to be there too

Barzal is winning it regardless

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

He's really good

The Russian reporter has also said in the past that he thinks there's a good chance sorokin comes over in 2020 when his khl contract is up, but firing garth snow just in case to help seal the deal is fine with me

The 2 islanders owners have met with sorokin recently to see where he's at and came away encouraged, which further begs the question of why snow is needed if they're doing such things on his behalf

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

there's some islanders insider on HF (I'm aware of how many issues this statement already has) who claimed a month ago that Lou was coming to the isles, and he's now saying Tavares has essentially finalized re-signing too. I'm always hesitant to get excited when it comes to the isles but please pay off this once.

I hate old school hockey thinking and Lou is basically the embodiment of it so there's a lot about this that concerns me. At the same time, he's been around forever and carries a lot of respect in that same old school hockey world and the way I see it the isles' 3 biggest concerns the next few years are-

1) Tavares re-signing
2) Convincing Ilya Sorokin to come over from the KHL
3) Getting an actual NHL coach

I feel like Lou's presence would do a ton to help the first two come true and potentially the third as well. So I'll remain cautiously optimistic even though I know the chances of the Isles trading a first round pick for Matt Martin just tripled.

The other immediate concern is fixing the defense, and looking over Toronto's current D, oh, right

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

gently caress yes

Hire a real head coach and re-hire snow as ambassador to chiarelli and things are looking up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

JoelJoel posted:

11 playoff wins under his watch. That's not even one a year. Why did he last so loving long?

he's best friends with Charles Wang, the worst owner in any sport over the past 25 years

Rumor had it that before Wang sold the team he gave Snow some ridiculously long, buyout-proof contract. Much like the one Wang drew up for DiPietro, except no one knows the exact details Snow's deal, even now. But the Isles' most well informed beat writer recently said that Snow still had at least 4 more years left on it. I can't imagine how much the new owners would have to pay to be rid of Snow, but maybe they get around it by reassigning him to another role in the org. They really do need to just create an ambassador to Chia post because Snow is actually qualified for that one.

• Locked thread