Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeTosh
Jan 14, 2010
Slippery Tilde

Mega64 posted:

This LP is going places I never radically dreamed possible.

I see what you did there. And I don't really have a favorite version of the game, either. I like both for different reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeTosh
Jan 14, 2010
Slippery Tilde

Mega64 posted:

Wait... the Princess Nadia?

In Japanese it's Marledia, though it'd change based on what you chose to name Marle.

Maybe you should have named her Na.

DeTosh
Jan 14, 2010
Slippery Tilde
Well, I now appreciate the SNES and DS translations even more. But I think giving characters accents worked okay in Chrono Cross.

DeTosh
Jan 14, 2010
Slippery Tilde
...huh. I didn't know about this ending, either. I thought there were only about five alternate ones.

DeTosh
Jan 14, 2010
Slippery Tilde

W.T. Fits posted:

Well, you got me. By all accounts, it makes no sense.

You know, I'm okay with the Chancellor's escape being a Noodle Incident type of thing.

DeTosh
Jan 14, 2010
Slippery Tilde
I think Spekkio's name is based on a word meaning "mirror". Which is pretty clever, given his gimmick.

DeTosh
Jan 14, 2010
Slippery Tilde

Kheldarn posted:

Robo wears a green beret

This one suits him better.

DeTosh
Jan 14, 2010
Slippery Tilde

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

A neat touch is that if you can’t beat Ayla a few times, she gives you the Dreamstone in the spirit of the party

Dammit, really? I just kept resetting when I lost. It took me forever to beat the game on a keyboard.

DeTosh
Jan 14, 2010
Slippery Tilde

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Hell, same. The Trigger soundtrack is still fantastic, but I find myself going back to browsing the Cross soundtrack more often when the nostalgic mood takes me.

Agreed. For some reason, I find the music from Chrono Cross to be more memorable.

DeTosh
Jan 14, 2010
Slippery Tilde
I would have preferred seeing the cooking contest instead of the fight at Zenan Bridge, or whenever it happened. Set to the theme of the Magus boss fight, of course.

DeTosh
Jan 14, 2010
Slippery Tilde

Frionnel posted:

I always thought it was a tower. This completely blew my mind.

Yeah. I thought it was just a different take on an Evil Overlord's lair.

DeTosh
Jan 14, 2010
Slippery Tilde
It was entirely unnecessary. And I actually really like the Chrono Cross.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeTosh
Jan 14, 2010
Slippery Tilde

EponymousMrYar posted:

I keep bringing it up, but one of the sub-themes of Chrono Cross is a typical pro-environmentalism message that the game just does not do well. At all. And it's 100% Cross's fault on this one.

Agreed. Chrono Cross doesn't handle its main themes too gracefully, either (and again, I'm saying this as a fan of it). Without getting into spoilers, the game is supposed to be about creating your own path in life, without destiny controlling you.

DeTosh fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Oct 16, 2018

• Locked thread