Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...
Chrono Trigger! One of the greatest games of its console generation. :D

Blind Sally posted:

The DS version almost retroactively tainted the game for me. Almost.

I really don't get the hate for the DS version, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...
The real question here is, what kind of hosed up justice system has a near or completely unanimous not-guilty verdict and the judge still gets to throw you in solitary for three days anyway, just for the hell of it? Like, what the gently caress?

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...
I actually greatly enjoyed Chrono Cross, even with it's flaws.

Yeah, most of the cast was worthless and wasn't necessary. But it was silly and fun and if I wanted a weird as hell party made of a giant mushroom, a plant knight, and a scarecrow, I could. Not many games let your party be that level of zany. Some were annoying (mainly Poshul) but I could, just, not use them. Ever.

The plot was insane, but so are the plots of every JRPG. Hell most RPGs, period. That bothers me not at all.

I actually mostly enjoyed the battle system. I could have wished for more dual techs and more unique techs, but, eh, ah well.

The game was gorgeous, well animated (for a PS1 game, let's be realistic), and the soundtrack is still in my top 5.

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

Schwartzcough posted:

think gamers have tended to overreact just a wee bit.

Understatement of the century right here.

And god forbid someone actually like or just not loving mind the things that the gamer zeitgeist has determined Must Be The Worst loving Thing Ever.

• Locked thread