Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Your reaction to Mania?
This poll is closed.
Brilliant! Vince has still got it! 24 8.48%
A disaster! Vince has lost it! 11 3.89%
Eh. 85 30.04%
When does Uncle Paul take over? 92 32.51%
....what's wrong with Ol' Yeller? :ohdear: 71 25.09%
Total: 283 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

There's just so much to take in... where do I even begin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Skipped mania last night, so just caught up with everything this morning.

lol

Just lol this stupid company

The most upsetting thing is hearing about Alicia Fox being cut because she stood up to a notorious shitlord

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Yeah, Alicia is cool.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I never thought I'd see a Wrestlemania booked by Eris herself but the true goddess has her ways

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Wait what happened with Alicia?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
If that's Shane's kid then they kept it to only 3 McMahon vanity matches very good restraint tbh.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Wait what happened with Alicia?

Had some form of confrontation with Rousey's dipshit husband

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Saint Freak posted:

If that's Shane's kid then they kept it to only 3 McMahon vanity matches very good restraint tbh.

Apparently Nicholas is referee John Cone’s son

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Man I can't shake that AJ/Nak match being 2 acts of a 3 act play and then Schiavone being all "We'reouttatimeseeyouonThunder!" and them setting a 'to be continued?!' with the heel turn at the end there. Instead of getting a barn burner we got a decent match that ended abruptly for seemingly no reason. I think all that shitshow at the end would have gone down better if we had at least gotten the time on the match everyone was hoping would steal the show.

Still excited for heel Nak though. He'll have to carry it as the lone main event heel now that they're probably shuffling KO/Zayn off to RAW to be lost forever in the shuffle.

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

Given that we're in The Worst Timeline, and what happened with people like Ken Bone, I'm fully looking forward to Nicholas's racist video game unboxing/you laugh you lose youtube channel being unearthed in the next few hours.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

WWE seems real salty about their main event as unless im missing something there's little to know mention of it on their social media.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I wish I could see the look on the faces of everyone involved when Vince decided to inform them that Brock was winning again.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

projecthalaxy posted:

You: what emotion did Wrestlemania inspire?

Me:

Dr Frank N Further looking good.

Anyways i smoked too much weed and felt asleep in the Bryan match.

Asuka Charlotte was loving awesome.
Who the gently caress is that kid, some Connors Cure child who is going to die soon idk
How was the rest of the card?

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

DoctorGonzo posted:

How was the rest of the card?

Overall really good, best since 31. But depends on a lot of things what you'll think of it, worth a watch for sure either way. Worked for me. A few controversial winners naturally.

The Roman main event, you know what you're getting, still even that is an engaging watch to me.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Saint Freak posted:

Unironically loving this new spin on the goon face blindness meme

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Asuka losing was good.

Ronda/Charlotte will main event WM35, and that will also be good.

I like Ronda Rousey now.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jerusalem posted:

[*] AJ Styles (C) successfully defended his WWE Championship against Shinsuke Nakamura. Shinsuke turned heel post-match.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

My girlfriend came over and we cuddled and made out through WM, so it was a very good WM on my end. She thought Paige looked awful and swooned for Finn and thought his entrance was great. She was also very excited for Ronda and was angry that WWE doesn't sell the sports bra she was wearing last night. She also wanted to know how all the women keep their fake eyelashes on since she can't manage it at all. And she thought Asuka was awesome (because Asuka is awesome).

Endless Mike fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Apr 9, 2018

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I was a little annoyed that both Rumble winners lost but i guess thats just how it goes. They did an interesting thing having Charlotte and Asuka celebrating together to help set up Shinsuke's heel turn. That was at least interesting

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

it really was a 5 star nutshot, even if the match was disappointing.

i'm really interested to see if roman's even gonna be there tonight. if i was vince i would have given roman a vacation after mania to get a moment to breathe and figure out what happened back there, but he's probably gonna show up, get a totally mild reaction, talk about, what, how he was able to get his rear end kicked by brock a lot more than most guys? at least last year everyone was booing him out of the building for the taker match. at least people cared. you can't have him go out there tonight, it's probably best to just forget the whole thing happened.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Endless Mike posted:

My girlfriend came over and we cuddled and made out through WM, so it was a very good WM on my end. She thought Paige looked awful and swooned for Finn and thought his entrance was great. She was also very excited for Ronda and was angry that WWE doesn't sell the sports bra she was wearing last night.

holy crap u have gf?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Tomahawk posted:

holy crap u have gf?

Yeah somehow

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

So did Finn Balor come out as gay or did they just spin the wheel for the guy who gets to be the face of QuILTBAG at wrestlemania?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Balor apparently has a long history of being a strong and vocal supporter of the LGBTIQ community. Good for him :)

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Retromancer posted:

So did Finn Balor come out as gay or did they just spin the wheel for the guy who gets to be the face of QuILTBAG at wrestlemania?

There were rumors that Steph wanted Balor's character to be an "empowered gay" but HHH shot it down. Maybe woke Balor is the remnants repackaged.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Just heard Nicholas is booked against Nick Gage for the next Spring Break.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

still should have been rainbow demon.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Retromancer posted:

He has a new "Balor Club is for Everyone" rainbow shirt and had like 20 people we were informed were local LGBTQ community members join his entrance

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Retromancer posted:

still should have been rainbow demon.

Nothing like appealing to the left and the WBC at the same time.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Finn Balor: Literally posessed by satan, but he's young, hip and woke.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Dacap posted:

There were rumors that Steph wanted Balor's character to be an "empowered gay" but HHH shot it down. Maybe woke Balor is the remnants repackaged.

I really hope Steph used the phrase "an empowered gay" at a creative meeting

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Jerusalem posted:

Balor apparently has a long history of being a strong and vocal supporter of the LGBTIQ community. Good for him :)

i was telling my wife, i dunno for all i know finn is gay, the only thing i know about his private life is motherfucker loves lego, but either way i'm down for out or ally finn.

she was absolutely team finn after that entrance though so, hooray finn, sorry you lost!

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Roman's WrestleMania booking almost seems like a secret grudge Vince has against the Wild Samoans because they keep flying them in to watch Roman lose in more and more depressing circumstances.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Mustafa Ali will win the cruiserweight title in Saudi Arabia. Because WWE is run by Vince McMahon.

That’s why he didn’t win tonight.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Cedric Alexander won because blue lives don't matter.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Mustafa Ali will win the cruiserweight title in Saudi Arabia. Because WWE is run by Vince McMahon.

That’s why he didn’t win tonight.

Vince probably thinks Ali will be a hometown hero. I mean Pakistan is in Saudi Arabia, right pal? Huh? Gary Strydom!

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Asuka will beat Charlotte in a rematch on Smackdown and then Carmella will cash in and win. Asuka just disappears after that

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

projecthalaxy posted:

He has a new "Balor Club is for Everyone" rainbow shirt and had like 20 people we were informed were local LGBTQ community members join his entrance

That entrance is gonna go over big in Saudi Arabia.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I'm not as salty about asuka losing the streak anymore and have come to appreciate the match, but I still think it would have been better to break the streak in a title defense rather than a title chase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hako
Jul 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Daztek posted:

Asuka will beat Charlotte in a rematch on Smackdown and then Carmella will cash in and win. Asuka just disappears after that

I thought for sure with Carmella going out first in the battle royal she was going to appear again maybe not cash in but very strange to not even show up at any point during that match.

• Locked thread