Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Your reaction to Mania?
This poll is closed.
Brilliant! Vince has still got it! 24 8.48%
A disaster! Vince has lost it! 11 3.89%
Eh. 85 30.04%
When does Uncle Paul take over? 92 32.51%
....what's wrong with Ol' Yeller? :ohdear: 71 25.09%
Total: 283 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I just don't know what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

does that rumble even air at a time where Americans could watch it

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Baron Corbin posted:

i don't understand the company anymore. i don't know what they want. i can't get excited for anything because nothing ever has a good resolution. Daniel Bryan wrestled and i barely cared. the concept of the WWE is still interesting to me on a basic level but i just don't think i can be invested in this any more. i just feel detached, like i'm in a relationship with someone i'm no longer attracted to but have no real reason to break up with them. i can't care about any of the individual wrestlers because i know they will accomplish nothing and will stay in the same role forever.

That's unfair. Rusev won't stay in the same role forever, he'll absolutely be out of the company within like 3 years, both sides are pretty clearly sick of each other at this point

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Seams posted:

honestly every wrestlemania after #30 kinda blend together to me and feel indistinguishable and this one will be no different.

32 was the most spite filled show I've ever seen

This was just...confusing? Like there were good results that just had completely flat or anticlimactic endings (Braun in the "Braun gets a belt, please leave us alone now fans" special), good results in bad matches (Nia/Alexa, Bludgeon Bros/Usos/New Day), baffling results (Taker squashing Cena) in bad matches (whatever the gently caress you call the Universal title match), and underwhelming matches with unbelievable amounts of talent in them (Styles/Nak, Bryan/Shane v Owens/Zayn)

You have your most talented, stacked roster ever. Coming a day off your developmental's best show ever. With some of your most hyped matches (Styles/Nak) or moments (Bryan's return) ever. And it's weird to have all that and still be this underwhelming

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

YeehawMcKickass posted:

I have so many issues with WM34 that it's keeping me up but I need to get to sleep for work in the morning but this dumpster fire of a grandest stage and that means I'm gonna sleep as lovely as the show was.

Was Mustafa Ali/Cedric Alexander good at least? I didn't get to watch Ito

It was good, not the best of the tournament, and had the wrong winner. One of the better matches of the show

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/HMqQRm7.mp4

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Highlight of the show was Kane eliminating Dolph :swoon:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Incessant Excess posted:

Brock destroying Roman would be great if I believed for one second that they were actually moving on to someone new.

Lashley's new

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Rousey vs. Asuka would have been better

That's going to happen within the next 6 months and this time we won't have to worry about Ronda being the first to beat Asuka, so it's better this way

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Heyman cuts promo #35 about how nobody can beat Brock and he guesses he'll just have to leave with the belt, seeing as there's nobody that can beat Brock

then Big Cass' music hits

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/Metatronja/status/983198794866184192

Shane/Taker beat Reigns/HHH by 3 minutes

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

OldTennisCourt posted:

Here's a very fun game:

Watch the main event of Mania 34

Then watch the main event of Takeover New Orleans.

Watch out for the whiplash though.

I really don't know how anyone can still be excited to see callups or signings, knowing what the people who are called up or signed will be in for

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/lesnar-vince-mcmahon-altercation/#.WsudkTHw_IW

Satin posted:

Pro Wrestling Sheet has confirmed with multiple sources that Brock Lesnar and Vince McMahon got into a real-life verbal altercation after WrestleMania 34.

Details are still scarce, but we’re told Lesnar was livid when he returned to the backstage gorilla position and went off on the WWE Chairman … who was not happy about it.

Sources tell us the brief, but heated incident ended with Brock throwing the Universal Title belt — some say at Vince, some say at a wall — then walking away. No word yet on what set him off.

We’re told there’s a belief that Brock may have gone off script a little bit near the end of the match, but we’ve been unable to confirm if this is true.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Waffleopolis posted:

What does it mean Roman Reigns has Luger'd? Not familiar with this.

Luger was a guy WWE (and eventually WCW each) tried to make Their Guy, The Guy, a star, but it never went over well with fans no matter how much they tried, and eventually they reached a point on-screen where they noticeably gave up trying and he really didn't ever recover

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Incessant Excess posted:

For how long did they try, roughly?

1993 and '94 in WWE, at least 3 years in WCW

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

OldTennisCourt posted:

Roman seems worse than Luger purely because with the internet and more smark fans it's just way more obvious the strings being pulled.

Also as was already mentioned, fans were still behind Luger for a good time. It took almost no time for people to be sick of Reigns compared to how long the attempts have been going on

I'm sure his comments on and off screen didn't help, but still, hard to not feel a bit sad for Reigns. He didn't deserve to be in this position, nobody does

If the company doesn't want to pull the trigger with you, it should just move on

Above sentence is also my remarks regarding the Rusev situation

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Heavy Metal posted:

Also I wonder when Ambrose is coming back.

It's gonna be a while, probably after Summerslam at best

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ShootaBoy posted:

Wait what? Anyone know more on this?

Sheamus himself confirmed late-last year or so that he has spinal stenosis, aka the thing Edge and Paige have/had that forced them out. He's trying to rehab it himself, but yeah the outlook on him having a lengthy career isn't good and eventually it's likely forcing him out. Possibility this was his last Mania match is realistic

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

There's like 7 different things to laugh about here lol ok so

Doesn't specify how long he's re-signed for, so: serious chance his last show is jobbing to Reigns in Saudi Arabia while a lot of the audience will be at work; serious chance he still fucks back off to UFC this year
lol we're really doing this match twice in a month
lol we're really doing this match in a different country just so Reigns gets cheered
Reigns' crowning moment won't be seen live by a lot of Americans because of time difference
Reigns gets immediate rematch for getting rear end kicked too hard and clean

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Didn't even mention it outright says Brock's next appearance is that match, which means he's not on raw tonight

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rarity gonna be excited to hear the new champ, Finn Balor, just signed a contract extension and will destroy the big dog in a cage in Saudi

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

Is nxt still on Hulu?

Yep. With Takeovers too

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Blaise330 posted:

I like how so much madness is going on I keep forgetting to be mad at Jinder "distraction into Khalas" Mahal.

That being the finish and/or it happening to Rusev was just one of those things I thought everyone expected, so it was like the one result that surprised me when it got 3 pages of lols and wtfs afterward

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Phenix Rising posted:

What level plan do you need for that? I doubt I'll cancel my network sub because I still like the older stuff and tournaments, but would be good to know the particulars.

Also, is the NXT stuff live or on some delay?

I think it's available on all plans

None of the stuff is live, but they go up around 7 or so hours later the next day/early morning. And when I say stuff I don't just mean NXT, it also has Raw (in 90 minute edited format) and SD (I believe also edited somewhat but mostly complete due to its regular aired length). So definitely not that bad a delay, you just might be spoiled reading along with the livethread here

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

OldTennisCourt posted:

Look, I'm gonna get stupid for a minute: I've been having a rough, lovely, garbage couple of months. My mom is in the hospital, I've had suicidal thoughts and I've been run ragged.

You stupid idiots and your dumb as hell comments in the Mania thread, NXT thread and here are really huge helps.

Thanks for being funny you marks.

I love you, you've always been one of my fav posters in this subforum, and frankly it'd be impossible to get through half this poo poo without you and all the other folks here following along with it. Thank you

Also my PM box is always open if you ever need someone to talk or vent to

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

lol

https://twitter.com/jeremybotter/status/983459073826881540

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It's no more weird than people thinking Bryan will get his rematch any day now, we'll finally get him vs Brock, and it'll end up being anything different than it was originally supposed to be (Bryan in the Cena position of the Suplex City squash at Summerslam)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Do it ironically posted:

is braun going to get a real partner tonight? probably right? maybe this is finn's chance

It's much more likely he loses the belts to a debuting/called-up team

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Minor thing I wasn't sure whether or not to mention, but Dave said Asuka wasn't allowed to use the armbar yesterday because it was supposed to be such a big part of Ronda's match

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Goodbye Kevin and Sami, 2 men without a home

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Saddest I've been since Edge's

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TNA legit helped Lashley a lot over the last few years

Yes that's a real sentence

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Underrated part of that Reigns promo was him ending it by saying if they keep giving him title shots, it's fine because eventually he'll have to win one of them

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I wish more people here would Choose said viable alternatives

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Orton/Jinder, a fresh title program

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Abroham Lincoln posted:

The Arabic WWE site is saying Rusev vs Taker in a casket match is happening at the Greatest Royal Rumble.

http://arabic.wwe.com/wwe-news/%D8%...%85%D8%A8%D9%84

Now nobody will be able to say Rusev hasn't been buried. Clever

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It's gonna include Deletion segments too. Instant must-buy if it includes the full Final Deletion episode at the compound

For those who didn't see it, at one point in the middle of the show a Lashley/Eddie Edwards match ends when they fight out of the building

And then in the middle of the hour long main event tag battle royal that takes place entirely outside, Lashley and Edwards are randomly spotted still fighting in the woods

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/AllenHenry/status/984244070661984259

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dave on the Brock/Reigns/title situation:

At most 5 to 10 people knew about the Mania ending
Reigns found out he was losing when he got in the building day of; original ending was basically the same spot (Reigns goes off the ropes for a final spear but gets picked up and F5'd), only he'd have countered the F5 and gotten the final spear for the win
Brock throwing the belt backstage was to work talent and crew (Dave hated this, outright saying it's from the late-WCW playbook)
Creative and Reigns both had the mindset there was nothing they could have done to get him cheered at Mania; Saudi Arabia may be his best bet at winning the belt and getting cheered, or at least booed much less

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

drat, they thought he didn't even need to be in a casket for the audience to get the message

• Locked thread