Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Your reaction to Mania?
This poll is closed.
Brilliant! Vince has still got it! 24 8.48%
A disaster! Vince has lost it! 11 3.89%
Eh. 85 30.04%
When does Uncle Paul take over? 92 32.51%
....what's wrong with Ol' Yeller? :ohdear: 71 25.09%
Total: 283 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I'm of two worlds.

On the one hand for the past 3-4 years they've been trying to make Roman The Guy, and it's been incredibly poo poo the entire time through no fault of his own. So I didn't want him winning tonight. On the other hand... they've Luger'd him. He's a joke now, he loving spent a month calling out Brock and got his rear end kicked, after every opportunity, after being put over Cena. Now loving what? At least if he won and the crowd kept turning on him you could turn him heel and play off that. But now? He's no top baby face and he sure as poo poo isn't gonna be a proper heel, he's a crybaby who lost now.

Stick a fork in him, he's done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Oh and I will say, even if it was silly, Braun choosing a child does wonders for him as a Face.

1. He can do this every week, making him give these 'moments' to a 'random' child in each city, that'll make him a megaface with the kids?
2. He's saying "I am so loving strong, that I can team with a literal child and still beat you, that is how confident I am."
3. Eventually, they can team him with the Undertaker Girl and I need that in my life now.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

This is Vince McMahon right now "They said they hate Roman for 4 years, so I decide to not give him the win, and they're upset, this is why we shouldn't listen to fans."

Ya know, ignore all the loving context as to WHY people are confused and pissed.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Hako posted:

Also Daniel Bryan is boring as gently caress. I was on a break during wrestling so this is the first time I saw him live. I don't get the yes chant and he is very generic and evokes no emotion in me.

It's okay to be wrong.

a new study bible! posted:

lol I knew Brock would retain. Vince has a hard on for pretending that Roman can beat Brock but never actually pulling the trigger. I'm glad I went to sleep earlier before the main, but I should have gone to bed after Alexa/Nia.

I mean the only thing I can think of is Vince got a loving hardon thinking about "WWE Universal Champion Brock Lesnar" winning in fights on UFC. And was desperate to keep him around and thus changed his mind.

But it's done for Roman, he's Luger now. Through no fault of his own, the only way I see him staying on top is sheer stubbornness but he looks like a loving chump.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Stall_19 posted:

Still chuckling from the Cena/Taker match. Cena spends a month disrespecting the Undertaker, trying to goad him into a Wrestlemania match. Taker shows up at Mania, doesn't speak or even regard Cena and just squashes him and leaves. That was like the first Cena/Miz feud from way back when after Miz split from Morrison.

They waited way too long to do Cena/Taker at mania. This should have been years ago. I like the match for what it is, Cena did a good job giving Taker back his 'youth'

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Hako posted:

Please explain why I should care about an average wrestler with a plain gimmick and look. The yes kicks are the WORST move in all of this fake sport. They look so terrible. He has a beard? Ohhh boooy lets shoot him to the moon.

In what regard?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Boy, Hardy/Bray will be weird when it becomes conformity vs. anarchy.

"Brother Nero! We must defeat the charlatan Bray Wyatt so that we may continue to exist in the societal structure created by the McMahon establishment!"

The Meekman Establishment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Nah it's like a donation war, one saudi prince drops 5 million for Rusev to be buried, another drops 10 for Jericho, then the number swings back in favor of Rusev.

• Locked thread