Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Season One has both Elvira tables. What more could you ask for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Even though I can't buy any on Switch, Arabian Nights is p. deece.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Lots of lost clout in here talking about loving pinball dlc

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

season 1 is the best one by far imo since it's like 20 tables or so and like all of them are good-to-great except for idk harley davidson which is just so so. even the obligatory Gottlieb Trash is Black Hole which kicks rear end. i guess funhouse has that stupid ugly head in the middle of the play field even tho it's a pretty good game

love to fling my shiny balls at the creepy head

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Boo hoo.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Former Lost Clout Streamer Buys A 4000 Dollar Picture Of Elvira's boobs With Lights and A Steel Ball On It, Instead

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

pinball is one of the most win things ever created and is my cultural heritage as a chubby worthless stoner

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's basically the game since the game itself is free. So. Uh. Whatever. Talk poo poo elsewhere bitch.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

you actually get free access to every table but can only play up to the table's default high score which can happen in like 30 seconds depending on how well you know the table :science:

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Fargield posted:

Howard Stern Pinball would kick rear end.

Every time you hit a bumper Fred plays the Aurora Snow quack blow job sound

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Think of the tables like episodes in a Telltale game if thats easier for you

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

goferchan posted:

Oh snap

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

goferchan posted:

Lol

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Op you now have me wanting to get this game. It's 60 loving dollars on ebay. Any chance of this coming back to the eshop or what

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Never mind. Just bought it from Amazon for 39.99 no tax

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Op you now have me wanting to get this game. It's 60 loving dollars on ebay. Any chance of this coming back to the eshop or what

It's coming back . From the rumors I heard it's some licensing issue with them using the Pinball Wizard on the title screen or something, doesn't even have to do with the tables lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

You sure you didn't buy Stern Pinball Arcade (which IS currently on the eshop)? We're talking about The Pinball Arcade, which has a bunch of superior, non-Stern tables available . I don't think it has a physical release

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Physical? I hope you didn't buy Stern Pinball Arcade

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Starship Troopers and AC/DC are kinda fun I guess. I didn't really like Ghostbusters when I played it IRL. Ripley's Believe It Or Not is ok too, but I think that's still part of the Season 1 pack for the normal Pinball Arcade

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Spoderman posted:

Physical? I hope you didn't buy Stern Pinball Arcade

goferchan posted:

You sure you didn't buy Stern Pinball Arcade (which IS currently on the eshop)? We're talking about The Pinball Arcade, which has a bunch of superior, non-Stern tables available . I don't think it has a physical release

Two different games with the same drat name wtf.

Thank God for your posts because I was able to cancel in time

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

If you want to play any of the Stern games anyway you can download the tables individually on the eshop for like $5, but yeah the package with all the tables is absolutely not worth it

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

goferchan posted:

If you want to play any of the Stern games anyway you can download the tables individually on the eshop for like $5, but yeah the package with all the tables is absolutely not worth it

Yeah i want the one that lets me play with the system in vertical mode

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

try the free stuff in the steam version now while you wait for the switch version to come back

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

goferchan posted:

It's coming back . From the rumors I heard it's some licensing issue with them using the Pinball Wizard on the title screen or something, doesn't even have to do with the tables lol

lol, before they had the actual pinball wizard they had a soundalike that was so bad it took me like a year to realize thats what they were even going for

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

This seems smart. I didn't like the camera options in the PS4 version. None of them felt like a natural view.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I would buy a fake pinball table that was basically a flat screen laid on the bottom of the table that came with all the Pinball Arcade tables. Then at least it would have flippers and you'd be able to see it properly.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

also try the free stuff in Zaccaria Pinball on steam. It's also a good rendition of real tables, but all the tables are 70s or early 80s, not the fancy ones from the late 80s/early 90s.

its in early access but they put out new updates once or twice a month and keep adding new things, i mentioned a bug on their steam forum and they had it updated and fixed in a few days

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I used to play on an iPad which works really well but I'm looking forward to being able to use buttons on the switch (even tho using the joycons in vertical mode requires some weird gymnastics)

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

zaccaria has 2 different physics models and also a user customization mode if you think neither feel right, you can also set a camera exactly where you want it and if it tracks the ball or not and all kinds of poo poo like that

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

I would buy a fake pinball table that was basically a flat screen laid on the bottom of the table that came with all the Pinball Arcade tables. Then at least it would have flippers and you'd be able to see it properly.

This dual screen setup is really cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNtb_pxnX3w

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

elf help book posted:

try the free stuff in the steam version now while you wait for the switch version to come back

My gaming computer got downgraded to a mame cabinet computer and my office computer now is some AMD 64 from 2006 that I found in my basement lol

FactsAreUseless posted:

Oh God me too. I know there's something called pin mame but I can't imagine the images are high resolution and I'm guessing they'd look like poo poo on a 32" LCD?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Oh God me too. I know there's something called pin mame but I can't imagine the images are high resolution and I'm guessing they'd look like poo poo on a 32" LCD?

Look at that video above, you can do it with the PC version of TPA with mods

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

look up visual pinball

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
loving awesome. Can this be done for under 1k if I'm willing to do this myself?

I always wanted a pinball machine but the maintenance and being stuck with one game always turned me off

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

loving awesome. Can this be done for under 1k if I'm willing to do this myself?

I always wanted a pinball machine but the maintenance and being stuck with one game always turned me off

look up the pinball thread in games, theres a guy named mattfl who i know built one, theres probably a few others, ask them for details

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
About 2 weeks ago I downloaded pinball fx3 and i had a few tables already from who knows what. Since then I’ve sunk 50 hours into it across PS4 and pc and bought a couple tables. I get that it’s a bit more arcadey than real pinball or even pinball arcade or whatever the other virtual games are called but without the power ups, it feels pretty drat close. (And fun)

I have the following tables on pinball arcade:
Black hole
Ripley’s believe it or not
Tales of the Arabian nights
Theater of magic

I’d like to get a good season or I buy the season 1 pack for fx2 vr. What do you guys think?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I have twenty dollars available on the PlayStation network but I don’t want to buy it regular fx3 tables because I bought the others on steam.M

So what buy now?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Get the season with Twilight Zone , Shampy. Season 2? I don't remember. I really dislike the physics in Pinball FX, the ball + flippers feel kind of sticky/magnetic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

• Locked thread