Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

~~ smooches ~~

Welp I got owned this round.

Since it's the wrong idea to bet against Vegas:

Knights in 6, for the Cup baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilza
Oct 3, 2013

Evil always wins, so Caps in 7.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

Ovechkin gets it done caps in 6

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

Go Cats

the fuckin capitals are gonna win in game 7 ot because go gently caress yourself

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Caps in 6 baby. Our magic is greater.

Xtanstic
Nov 22, 2007

What the flying gently caress are these playoffs?

Okay I learned my lesson about betting against VGK. I really want Ovie to win his cup but goddamn I want to laugh at the entire league.

VGK in 7 so that Ovie loses his Cup in the most heartbreaking fashion.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Fuuuuuuuuuuck

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

VGK in 5 because MAF is a terminator sent to the future by the Pens last year.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

I'm rooting for the Ovechkins to win but I can't continue to bet against Vegas (though I don't really mind them winning either).

VGK in 7.

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 20, 2014

V

G

K

in

bitch

Zat
Jan 15, 2008

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

Vegas in 6

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?

I'm bad at predicting the hockeys.

I've bet against VGK every round and i'm done with that, VGK in 6

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Caps in 6.

If the Vegas Knights win the Stanley Cup, I will donate $100 to a charity to be determined later. There aren't a ton of well rated charities in Vegas, turns out.

glynnenstein posted:

First Round Score = 23

glynnenstein posted:

Second Round Score = 40

glynnenstein posted:

Third Round Score = 12

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Caps in 6 I suppose.

Ovie Conn Smythe.

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

Grimey Drawer

VGK in 7

Slappy Pappy
Oct 15, 2003

Mighty, mighty eagle soaring free
Defender of our homes and liberty
Bravery, humility, and honesty...
Mighty, mighty eagle, rescue me!

Dinosaur Gum

Caps in 7.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

Fun Shoe

It's tough to pick using my gut because both teams have a destiny feel. The Caps showing all kinds of balls coming down from 0-2 to Columbus, finally beating Pittsburgh, and coming back down 3-2 to Tampa.

And then Vegas who has the second coming of Christ in net, has been rolling literally all year, and who has that whole do it for the city thing going on that a lot of cinderella teams get.

I don't even know any more. I guess I'll say Vegas because A) Caps lol and B) Vegas has looked the most consistently impressive on the ice in the playoffs to me. Vegas in....5.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Caps in 6, on home ice

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

my name is john carter

vgk in 5

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

VGK in 5

I want it to be VGK in 7 though.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Can't bet against the VGK.

VGK in 6.

Drums over horn.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.

Grimey Drawer

I want Caps to win because of Ovie, but Iím not betting against Vegas.

Vegas in 6.

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 20, 2014

If the Caps win, I'll change my username to Mamma Lucia and have an avatar of CapitalsAS choosing until the 2019 Stanley Cup champion is decided.

Regardless of the outcome, I'll donate $10 x # of wins to a local Vegas and Washington charity. That is, if VGK sweeps, I'll donate $40 to a Vegas charity, and if WSH wins in 7, I'll donate $40 to a Washington charity and $30 to a Vegas charity, and so on and so forth.

Porrima
Oct 18, 2012

The world is fucked
and so are you.

Thanks, humanity

So, since I got both series winners wrong, -8 points for 3rd round. My only consolation is that there are a hell of a lot of other -8īs too, supposing they are still calculating right. I've a sneaking suspicion some people haven't counted all their minuses due to the amount of points people have, but it's not like it matters very much.

As for final, since Vegas has already destroyed my bracket in every round, I might as well bet one last time against them: Capitals in 6.

If I had actual money I'd something that actually makes some sense, but I just don't so I that if Vegas wins the cup, I will in every single playoff predictions until I / the forums die bet on Vegas to win in 4 any series they appear in.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

√ʬĬē Corey Dostoyevsky

ive missed on 5 of the last 6 series, so i apologize for the team im about to hex

Washington in 6.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

gently caress it. Hail Satan.

Knights in 5

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I think Iím +8 for the conference finals (one winner, off by three games, one loser) (so 55 total)

Caps in 6

Koopa Kid fucked around with this message at 00:21 on May 25, 2018

Lost Season
Nov 28, 2013

Knights in 5

Total after 3 rounds: 65

Man, other than the second round I've been killing it

LesBeardly
Jul 4, 2010

BEST BALLS ON SA AWARD

Vegas in 7

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.

Fallen Rib

Too bad I missed predicting the second round considering I wasn't too shabby in the first one, but oh well.

I've been betting against Vegas this entire time so maybe I should actually believe in them for once. But no, I feel this is WSH's years and Fleury can't keep his form up.

WSH in 6

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

The Washington Capitals will win the Stanley Cup.

In six games.

DJExile
Jun 27, 2007

gently caress it, knights in 6

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I have constantly picked against Vegas and been wrong every single time. So I am going to say

Vegas in 6

In the hopes that my prediction will be wrong again.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Again, Torts took him to a very high mountain and showed him Nationwide and all its splendor.

"All this I will give you," he said, "if you will lay down and block for me." -Jackets 15:16

My bracket was wrecked once Pittsburgh and Nashville lost so...uhh...VGK in 6 because they've shamed me for picking against them thusfar, MAF should have his second Conn Smythe in a row but it'll only be one because he didn't get it last year for dragging the Pens through the first two rounds.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

gently caress, this is a hard one to call but I am going to go with Vegas in 6 and my bracket will be ruined in any way if Washington wins it all. That's a pretty good outcome though

Oh right, third round points were 12 from me, total of 65 over 3 rounds

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

The Timeless Child is THE DOCTOR? Oh, for God's sake!

Iím probably already out of the running, so Capitals in 4.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

Both teams hosed me but Vegas has done so more frequently, so, hereís your kiss of death Vegas:

Goldaknights in 6

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.

Grimey Drawer

Edward Mass posted:

Iím probably already out of the running, so Capitals in 4.

I havenít added up finals yet, but the scoring and who is in the running can change quick.

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle

I forgot to make predictions for the last round, which is a shame since I was doing pretty well. But I'm going to do it. I'm going to bet against Vegas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jehde
Apr 20, 2010

Who protects?

Grimey Drawer

Caps in 7.

• Locked thread