Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Here's what I did for the NHL Bracket game and why, but I'll also play the Red X game.

Round 1 (FIGHT!)

East

:science: def. Team TayTay in 5 - Ain't nobody stopping the Bolts for a while.
LOL TIME FOR BRUINS def. Maple Leaves in 6 - I think Boston's a bit tougher than the Leafs, though it'll be an interesting one.
IT'S JACKETS TIME def. C-A-P-S in 7 - This series goes as :cop: goes, but there are enough other pieces (led by Panarin and Jones) that I think it can happen. Plus, playoff Caps.
I Can't Count Out The def. Flyera in 5 - Wear 'em down, Flyers. :unsmigghh:

West

I LIKE IT, I LOVE IT, I WANT SOME MORE OF IT def. :lol: Matt Duchene in 4 - Ain't nobody stopping the Preds for a long while.
Atlanta def. SCORING FORRRRRRRRR MINNE-sota in 5 - Minnesota doesn't strike me as terribly impressive. I could be wrong.
gently caress THE KING def. Fun Expansion Team in 7 - Vegas runs out of gas after a season of partying. Question is how bad will the hangover be?
Fun Should Be Always def. gently caress Corey Perry in 6 - Something tells me San Jose's going to surprise some people.

Round 2

East

:science: def. LOL TIME FOR BRUINS in 7 - This'll be a fun one but the Bolts ain't stoppin' here. Give it time.
Pittsburgh Penguins until they're def. IT'S JACKETS TIME in 6 - PIT will channel Penguins Bullshit to steal at least one win by scoring highlight reel batted out of the air goals and irritating goal line tuck-ins and win in OT to make me further hate this series.

West

HEY, YOU SUCK def. Atlanta in 5 - The Nashville Express keeps on truckin'.
Fun Should Be Always def. gently caress THE KING in 6 - NHL.com says the stats favor the Sharks so gently caress The King.

Conference Finals

East

On the bad end of def. :science: in 7 - This is where I start taking the piss a bit. Gut says TBL, brain sides with a feeling of inevitability.

West

Nashville Country Cavalcade! def. Fun Should Be Always in 6 - Martin Jones is informed repeatedly that he sucks, it's all his fault, and is politely asked if he'll allow another goal so that the patrons may continue to enjoy the game. GO FARTSMELL AND PK!

Stanley Cup Finals

A Handshake Line def. HE SHOOTS, HE SCORES, YOU SUCK in 6 - God hates us all.

Conn Smythe: Phil Kessel
Playoff Leading Scorer: Filip Forsberg
Cup Winning Goal: Jake Guentzel at 19:01 of the third period.
Goals in Cup Final: 31
Oprik Gaffes Directly Leading to a Goal Against that Get GIFed and Empty Quoted at Least a Half Dozen Times: 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Duckman2008 posted:

Updated sheet. A lot of people, myself included, should feel ashamed for doubting God's chosen team, the Vegas Golden Knights.

Also, if the Press, Lightning and Jets all go to 6+ games, there is going be a bloodbath of red.

I will gladly take my Red X for doubting VGK. I had originally picked them in 7 and changed it to LA thinking they'd run out of steam.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

East
:science: def. Team TayTay in 5 :smug:
LOL TIME FOR BRUINS def. Maple Leaves in 6 7 :)
IT'S JACKETS TIME def. C-A-P-S in 7 Damnit. :smith:
I Can't Count Out The def. Flyera in 5 6 :)

West
I LIKE IT, I LOVE IT, I WANT SOME MORE OF IT def. :lol: Matt Duchene in 4 6 :)
Atlanta def. SCORING FORRRRRRRRR MINNE-sota in 5 :smug:
gently caress THE KING def. Fun Expansion Team in 7 I'll wear this Red X like a badge of pride, though. :(
Fun Should Be Always def. gently caress Corey Perry in 6 4 :)

6/8 correct team (why do the ones we love hurt us so?), 2/8 correct team and games (Tampa, Winnipeg)

Round-adjusted picks:
:science: def. Dirty Water in 7
...Pittsburgh Penguins until they're... def. Washington in 6

HEY, YOU SUCK def. Atlanta in 6 (Avs gave the Preds hell, Jets are better. Changing 5->6)
Fun Should Be Always def. Vegas in 6

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

My NHL bracket is wrecked (and might even be moreso depending on how NSH/WPG goes), but it was all worth it.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Bolts in 6.
Jets in 7.

Gary cries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

My bracket was wrecked once Pittsburgh and Nashville lost so...uhh...VGK in 6 because they've shamed me for picking against them thusfar, MAF should have his second Conn Smythe in a row but it'll only be one because he didn't get it last year for dragging the Pens through the first two rounds.

• Locked thread