Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Porrima
Oct 18, 2012

The world is fucked
and so are you.

Thanks, humanity
You know, last year I distinctly remember, being second (ie. first loser, the one no one remembers etc.) overall and all, that we did only one round at a time and people could then make new guesses based on what teams actually had gone through.
But now some people are posting the whole bracket so which way is it going to be? Doesn't matter much either way but it's silly to see columns of red x:s for teams that weren't even participating in later rounds. Maybe. Or funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Porrima
Oct 18, 2012

The world is fucked
and so are you.

Thanks, humanity

Xtanstic posted:

We've always historically scored round by round to avoid that scenario but there's no harm in posting your full bracket know for maximum bragging rights if ever things pan out for you.

OK.
I'm too timid to go for bragging rights, but first round:
Tampa - New Jersey 4-2 EDIT: 2 + 2
Boston - Toronto 4-3 EDIT: 2 + 3
Washington - Columbus 4-2 EDIT: 2 + 3
Pittsburgh - Philadelphia 4-1 EDIT: 2 + 2

Nashville - Colorado 4-1 EDIT: 2 + 2
Winnipeg - Minnesota 4-2 EDIT: 2 + 2
Los Angeles - Las Vegas 4-1 EDIT: - 1
San Jose - Anaheim 4-2 EDIT: 2 + 1

EDIT: FIRST ROUND SCORE: 28

Porrima fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Apr 29, 2018

Porrima
Oct 18, 2012

The world is fucked
and so are you.

Thanks, humanity

Albino Squirrel posted:

The two-year-old picked NSH/WPG/VGK/ANA/NJ/BOS/CBJ/PIT; NSH/ANA/NJ/CBJ; NSH/CBJ; CBJ. He didn't pick series lengths because he doesn't know what numbers are, really.

Ask him how he would handle the Detroit Red Wings contract situation

Porrima
Oct 18, 2012

The world is fucked
and so are you.

Thanks, humanity
7/8 series... 2/8 games. Looking iffy for the repeat quest for silver medal.

SECONDO IMPACTO:

Winnipeg - Nashville 4-2 EDIT: 2 + 2 x 2 = 8
Father of Jesus - Den of Iniquity 4-3 EDIT: -1 x 2 = -2

-

Boston - Tampa Bay 4-2 EDIT: -1 x 2 = -2
Pittsburgh - Washington 4-2 EDIT: -1 x 2 = -2
(not the result I'm hoping for, but..)

EDIT: SECOND ROUND SCORE: 2

Porrima fucked around with this message at 03:37 on May 12, 2018

Porrima
Oct 18, 2012

The world is fucked
and so are you.

Thanks, humanity

Duckman2008 posted:

Here are the predictions. No red X's yet so its legible.

Correction: While it would be a better choice given the first game, I predicted SJ in 7, not Vegas.

Porrima
Oct 18, 2012

The world is fucked
and so are you.

Thanks, humanity
Winnipeg in 6
Tampa in 6

Duckman2008 posted:

If you pick the wrong winner, you lose a point.

The amount of points will double each round, so the max points per series in the first round is 5 (2 + 3), and the max for the cup is 40 (16 + 24).

Does the minus point for wrong winner also double to -2 past round and so on?

Porrima fucked around with this message at 05:05 on May 11, 2018

Porrima
Oct 18, 2012

The world is fucked
and so are you.

Thanks, humanity

LesBeardly posted:

Washington in 7
Vegas in 6

I don't quite get the scoring, if I picked team A in 7 and team B wins in 7, does that mean I was one game off?

"If you pick the wrong winner, you lose a point."

Edit:

EDIT: SECOND ROUND SCORE: 2

So, assuming that you get -2 points in this round for wrong winner, and assuming that a wrong winner is just minus points no matter the games, (and I hope people have calculated their points in the first round the same way), second round was 8 points for the winnipeg series and -2 for the three others.
For a total of 2
SHAMEFUR DISPRAY

Porrima fucked around with this message at 03:40 on May 12, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Porrima
Oct 18, 2012

The world is fucked
and so are you.

Thanks, humanity
So, since I got both series winners wrong, -8 points for 3rd round. My only consolation is that there are a hell of a lot of other -8īs too, supposing they are still calculating right. I've a sneaking suspicion some people haven't counted all their minuses due to the amount of points people have, but it's not like it matters very much.

As for final, since Vegas has already destroyed my bracket in every round, I might as well bet one last time against them: Capitals in 6.

If I had actual money I'd :toxx: something that actually makes some sense, but I just don't so I :toxx: that if Vegas wins the cup, I will in every single playoff predictions until I / the forums die bet on Vegas to win in 4 any series they appear in.

• Locked thread