Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis
Round 1:
Preds in 4
Jets in 6
Knights in 5
Sharks in 7

Bolts in 7
Bruins in 5
Caps in 6
Flyers in 5

Round 2:
Preds in 5
Knights in 6
Bruins in 4
Caps in 6

Round 3:
Preds in 7
Caps in 7

Final:
Preds in 6

Bonus! I asked my kids to complete brackets as well.
The four-year-old picked COL/WPG/LAK/SJ/NJ/BOS/CBJ/PHI; WPG/SJ/NJ/CBJ; SJ/CBJ; SJ. He picked 7 games for each series as it's his favourite number. Also the Sharks play in "Sannoway."
The two-year-old picked NSH/WPG/VGK/ANA/NJ/BOS/CBJ/PIT; NSH/ANA/NJ/CBJ; NSH/CBJ; CBJ. He didn't pick series lengths because he doesn't know what numbers are, really.

Score updates! Round 1 for me: 23 points. Round one for kid #1: 7 points.

Albino Squirrel fucked around with this message at 16:35 on May 1, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

Porrima posted:

Ask him how he would handle the Detroit Red Wings contract situation
I asked him; he smiled, said "yeah" and then demanded a chocolate muffin.

I think this means "hope for a lottery win."

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

Aces High posted:

I'm imagining the scenario where albino squirrel's 4 year old was right about the Flyers and the Avs...what an interesting world that would be
He is very chuffed that he is included in the bracket. He also stands by his picks.

I mean, given the parity in the league, very few upsets would be completely bananas...

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

Duckman2008 posted:

Perfect, added to OP.

Also, I think there should be some minor toxx or punishment for anyone that loses to the 4 year old on the spreadsheet. Thoughts?
He really likes the avatars as I scroll through threads. His favourite shows are Paw Patrol, and Downton Abbey (seriously, he can't fall asleep without it, he's a weird kid). So it would be amusing if people who lost to my four-year-old had to buy an av from one of those two shows.

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis
I'm sticking with my original picks, even though I don't think Boston is likely to sweep:

Nashville in 5
Vegas in 6
Boston in 4
Washington in 6

My four-year-old has picked, in the re-seed:

Winnipeg in 7
Vegas in 7
Boston in 7
Pittsburgh in 7

(My two-year-old elected not to pick anyone, and in keeping with his nascent Oilers fandom, poo poo his pants.)

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis
I'll update the points when I get home from Greece (tough to get a hockey feed here...) but I predict:

Winnipeg in 6
Washington in 7

My four year old predicts:

Winnipeg in 7
Tampa Bay in 7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis
Is the modifier x3 or x4 for the semifinals? If it's the latter, then I'm +16, (2+3)x4 for Washington and -4 for Winnipeg.

My kid is -8 for the round :(

Finals predictions:

Washington in 6 from me.

Las Vegas in 5 from my son. (Lucas has figured out that there are numbers other than seven).

Edited because apparently I had actually got the number right for Wash.

• Locked thread