Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Veib posted:

Yeah that tweet was from 2013 and isn't IMC's deal that he was fairly normal until like 2015 when Gamergate broke his brain and he went full fash
No he was the sort of overly performative nice guy that's usually just a cover for abuse, and then went full fash due to Gamergate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Takoluka posted:

If Gamergate was able to turn into a full-on fascist that simps for a government you're not even under, you were probably riding the fence of whatever you used to be against, waiting for the moment to jump and start grazing in what you thought were greener pastures.

yeah ian has always been a pathetic grifter, just he used to be a pathetic grifter on the left which is a lot harder an less lucrative

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Yeah should've said "appeared to be fairly normal", ie. was not like he is now in public

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I've always wondered how being a shill making rock stupid tweets about a country you're not even in pays.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Ghostlight posted:

always keep the receipt because defective products will be returned (deleted)

on a lighter note:

https://twitter.com/TheEpicDept/status/1308400575684505600

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

There's few better examples of performing fake wokeness than IMC having 'turbofeminist' in his Twitter bio for years.

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off

marathon Stairmaster sesh posted:

In today's edition of Game Dungeon: Ross plays only Team Sonic and I learn that there's a PC port of Sonic Heroes. To be honest I thought he was gonna do the Sonic mod in the Doom engine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5qUvOosL-s

Last time I played this I rage-quitted at the wall jump in that haunted level, uninstalled and never looked back.

I want to like this game but it's just too frustrating to play

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

It feels like with the right kit one could mod Sonic Heroes into a good game, but that's probably more effort than anyone is willing to put in.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Terrible Opinions posted:

It feels like with the right kit one could mod Sonic Heroes into a good game, but that's probably more effort than anyone is willing to put in.
An excellent summary of the bulk of Sonic’s post-16-Bit life.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

egg tats posted:

yeah ian has always been a pathetic grifter, just he used to be a pathetic grifter on the left which is a lot harder an less lucrative

And before that he said Hitler was right and made jokes about gassing Jews.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

I had the PS2 version as a teen, and let me tell you it's impossible to finish. The controls are terrible.

I managed to do it but there is one secret level that is a massive jump in difficulty and on the Ps2 it is almost torture trying to get it done.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
If you want something that's not wolf rape or fascist pedophilia here's Joel playing a Mario fangame of himself.

Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZJQRvE6Iis

Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70RUmiE-XWE

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

https://t.co/ZAqGggqEOW?amp=1

Todd in the Shadows' month long vacation is over! He's finally back with a new video!

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

No he was the sort of overly performative nice guy that's usually just a cover for abuse, and then went full fash due to Gamergate.

I thought his brain ballooned in sized and jellified like a pickled egg because people disagreed with him about Witcher 3?

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

That's what I meant about Gamergate, I believe it was a specific Witcher article.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

I still don't know whether that was an excuse for turning on the grift or a sincerely held offense because he absolutely is that much of a fragile turd

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

That's what I meant about Gamergate, I believe it was a specific Witcher article.

I don't remember if it was a specific article or his general adoration for the game running up against people critically analyzing the way the series portrays sex and women but he snapped and went on about how sometimes men can write good female characters and was deeply disturbed by the honor of Witcher 3 being sullied this way, iirc

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Scholtz posted:

I'd be down for a Dubious Convention

Wasn't that just Dashcon?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

CYBEReris posted:

I still don't know whether that was an excuse for turning on the grift or a sincerely held offense because he absolutely is that much of a fragile turd

Most grifters are also sugar glass fragile, so it's flat out whynotboth.jpg

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

Kamrat posted:

Last time I played this I rage-quitted at the wall jump in that haunted level, uninstalled and never looked back.

I want to like this game but it's just too frustrating to play
I haven't played Heroes since it came out but that video gave me vivid flashbacks. Every single little thing he had trouble with I remember also falling foul of. That raising lava section with the hard to parse in 3D grab rings, that one rail that either drops you in a pit or you end up riding slowly backwards. That one switch you have to grab as tails. The constant fear that any slight movement may lauch you character off into the void.

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off

Mr Phillby posted:

I haven't played Heroes since it came out but that video gave me vivid flashbacks. Every single little thing he had trouble with I remember also falling foul of. That raising lava section with the hard to parse in 3D grab rings, that one rail that either drops you in a pit or you end up riding slowly backwards. That one switch you have to grab as tails. The constant fear that any slight movement may lauch you character off into the void.

I would've quit a lot sooner if I wasn't streaming the game at the time, back when I owned this game for Gamecube in the early 2000's I think I finished the game, but it's all a blur now.

I loved Sonic Adventure 1&2 and this was my first experience being very disappointed with a Sonic game, I even liked Shadow the Hedgehog better than Sonic Heroes.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
I think Sonic Heroes was the first game I ever Preordered lol. I was a very cool 16 year old who liked mature things like Sonic Adventure 2: battle so the very kid targeted story was my biggest disappointment.

Really nice looking game though, probably the most successful at adapting the checkerboard nonsense from the originals. Theres a huge disconnect where seeing Bingo highway in like Team Sonic Racing brings on a nostalgic reverie but seeing actual video of Bingo Highway in Sonic Heroes just stresses me out.

Also for years I've been saying "level up" with a weird cadence whenever I level up in any videogame and now I finally rememer where I got that from, its the weird way Knuckles says it in Heroes. Those voice clips are burned deep into my psyche it seems.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Mr Phillby posted:

I think Sonic Heroes was the first game I ever Preordered lol. I was a very cool 16 year old who liked mature things like Sonic Adventure 2: battle so the very kid targeted story was my biggest disappointment.

Really nice looking game though, probably the most successful at adapting the checkerboard nonsense from the originals. Theres a huge disconnect where seeing Bingo highway in like Team Sonic Racing brings on a nostalgic reverie but seeing actual video of Bingo Highway in Sonic Heroes just stresses me out.

Also for years I've been saying "level up" with a weird cadence whenever I level up in any videogame and now I finally rememer where I got that from, its the weird way Knuckles says it in Heroes. Those voice clips are burned deep into my psyche it seems.

Take this
Take this
Take this
Take this

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

It's weird that Sonic and Mario are half frozen in time storywise. New characters can show up and that's fine but no one can change or have any real character development.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
WHAT GOES UP

MUST COME DOWN

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Take this
Take this
Take this
Take this

Its no use, thats a different game.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Sonic Heroes sucks as a game, and I'd have been miserable if I had spent my allowance on a new copy, but it has exactly enough jank that you can have fun with it if you're willing to work at it. Like if you try to play it normal it will glitch and kill you, but if you try to glitch it you can skip past whole sections or cut across areas you shouldn't and sorts of whacky poo poo.

Shadow was significantly worse in that it was hard to enjoy even if your were trying dumb poo poo.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Nuns with Guns posted:

I don't remember if it was a specific article or his general adoration for the game running up against people critically analyzing the way the series portrays sex and women but he snapped and went on about how sometimes men can write good female characters and was deeply disturbed by the honor of Witcher 3 being sullied this way, iirc

I don't remember enough to find the article, but it was a specific one where the reviewer had overall good reviews of the game but then criticized it for it's portrayel of women. Like, it wasn't even a particularly harsh review it was just like "yeah witcher is a lot of fun but has some problematic parts" and IMC lost his goddamned mind.

e: I've actually basically made this exact post and found the article in question, for those curious what set him off https://www.polygon.com/2015/5/13/8533059/the-witcher-3-review-wild-hunt-PC-PS4-Xbox-one

Garrand fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Sep 23, 2020

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

when i was like 12 i wrote down a list of reasons why sonic heroes looked badass and literally all of them were the worst parts of sonic heroes (health bars, team chaotix, four story modes, return of the chaos emerald true ending from the genesis games)

i also had a framed picture of the chaotix in my room

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

tbh i should frame another picture of the chaotix and put it in my room

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
Sonic Heroes was just another Sonic game I rented for Gamecube that I hated, just like every other Sonic game I tried as a kid.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Vector the Crocodile

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Alaois posted:

Vector the Crocodile

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Alaois posted:

Vector the Crocodile

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
One day my annual dark rituals below a paleblood moon will cause Sonic Team to turn over in their sleep and release a new Chao pet sim where I can pet Chao until they turn blue like Sonic again or drown like stupid idiots in the water because their loving swim skill isn't high enough to swim but they still insist on diving into the pool anyway

Garrand posted:

I don't remember enough to find the article, but it was a specific one where the reviewer had overall good reviews of the game but then criticized it for it's portrayel of women. Like, it wasn't even a particularly harsh review it was just like "yeah witcher is a lot of fun but has some problematic parts" and IMC lost his goddamned mind.

e: I've actually basically made this exact post and found the article in question, for those curious what set him off https://www.polygon.com/2015/5/13/8533059/the-witcher-3-review-wild-hunt-PC-PS4-Xbox-one

Wow it's even more inoffensive than I imagined

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Alaois posted:

Vector the Crocodile

Find the computer room.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

RareAcumen posted:

It's weird that Sonic and Mario are half frozen in time storywise. New characters can show up and that's fine but no one can change or have any real character development.
Most cartoon characters are like that though, like Spacejam 2 isn't going to have a three arc character development for Bugs Bunny in it.

edit: oh gently caress, just did a google search out of curiosity, what a way to realise that SpaceJam 2 is real thing. Did i will that into existence with my dumb joke I hope not.

Mr Phillby fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Sep 24, 2020

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Endorph posted:

when i was like 12 i wrote down a list of reasons why sonic heroes looked badass and literally all of them were the worst parts of sonic heroes (health bars, team chaotix, four story modes, return of the chaos emerald true ending from the genesis games)

i also had a framed picture of the chaotix in my room

I assume the reason this is no longer true is that the picture is now on your desk.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Apparently the PC port of Sonic Heroes was based on a pre-release beta version of all things, which may have something to do with how janky it is. Does it play better on any of the other consoles it came out for?

Mr Phillby posted:

edit: oh gently caress, just did a google search out of curiosity, what a way to realise that SpaceJam 2 is real thing. Did i will that into existence with my dumb joke I hope not.

Nah, thats been in the works for a while now. I want to say it was delayed due to COVID?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Nuns with Guns posted:

One day my annual dark rituals below a paleblood moon will cause Sonic Team to turn over in their sleep and release a new Chao pet sim where I can pet Chao until they turn blue like Sonic again or drown like stupid idiots in the water because their loving swim skill isn't high enough to swim but they still insist on diving into the pool anyway

Wow it's even more inoffensive than I imagined

It is amazing to me that the most beloved and best feature of all Sonic games, the Chao Garden, never made it into any game past Sonic Adventure 2.

Instead we got poo poo like Sonic Riders where he surfs on the air and Charmy the Bee