Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

It's always really funny to me when SEW shows what he looks like IRL. You would think as a guy who talks about anime for a living he would be some scrawny nerd when in actuality he's a huge chad with movie star good looks lmao

Also, that bit where he talks about the transphobia in DP2 was sweet :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Oh, if we're sharing MTG-related content, Spice8Rack's channel is BASICALLY Unraveled, but MTG and it's very powerful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQi5zXTrL_I&hd=1

He also made an hour-long video discussing Anarchism using an MTG character as the framing device:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6HbOV4LvtU&hd=1

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011

Jamie Faith posted:

It's always really funny to me when SEW shows what he looks like IRL. You would think as a guy who talks about anime for a living he would be some scrawny nerd when in actuality he's a huge chad with movie star good looks lmao

Also, that bit where he talks about the transphobia in DP2 was sweet :unsmith:

It is kinda hilarious that SEW is basically the default model for every character creator ever made.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Scorched Spitz posted:

It is kinda hilarious that SEW is basically the default model for every character creator ever made.

:stare:

Holy poo poo you're right

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Mokinokaro posted:

Nash has unfortunately also been going on really dumb rants and takes about the show that seem mostly motivated by him loathing the comic so much he won't give the show a chance.

Which is fair but his takes are so bad it's embarassing.

If I thought he'd listen I'd tell him I also profoundly loathed the comic series but the show more than manages to rise above its source material (which is not hard, admittedly). It's a shame, too, because Nash is normally pretty considered in his likes/dislikes.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Dias posted:

Oh, if we're sharing MTG-related content, Spice8Rack's channel is BASICALLY Unraveled, but MTG and it's very powerful:

Halfway into this and its entertaining but it's based on a very stupid premise.

Boars are loving nightmare monsters that regularly killed train hunters and it usually required a hunting party to safety get them.

It's entirely reasonable for the average boar to beat Magical Private Pile

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

A mate of mine read the comic after series 1, he described it as a horrible miserable series. Comic Tropes did a comparison video, and I couldn't think of a change for the show that wasn't superior in some way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NIMq4X9tMs

I mean even the artwork is horrid, seeing Butcher's bizarre sociopathic wide open smile and his bizarre rugby player on steroids proportions would put me off reading the comic alone.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The Lamplighter change and the Black Noir change (the only interesting thing in the comic) are both inferior.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
I must be in the minority, because I picked up and read The Boys a couple of weeks ago (the whole series was in a bundle on Humble Bundle, along with Project Superpowers), and I really liked it. It made me want to check out Garth Ennis' run on Punisher, which I remember hearing was really good.

Haven't seen the show yet. I don't have direct access to Prime Video (just a linked account), but if the show's half as graphic as the comic was, I don't imagine anyone at home will want to watch it. Then again, I remember they were watching the adaptation of Preacher that was on AMC.

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

Groovelord Neato posted:

The Lamplighter change and the Black Noir change (the only interesting thing in the comic) are both inferior.

Hmmm, nah

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Yes. The rest of the show has been far better but those two were worse than the comic. Lamplighter more so because what they've done with Homelander is still good but Lamplighter's inclusion was a waste of time.

edit: oh I was wrong they did three things worse: Love Sausage being the third. One of the few times they out-Ennised Ennis.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Oct 18, 2020

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

hon hon I am le moviebob I am here to talk about ze movies and ze baguettes and ze eugenics

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Lamplighter was kinda pointless but hey it was well acted and neat. Black Noir was a good change but it's kinda a wash either way because he kinda just got the same end result just with a backdoor to give him more stuff later if they want.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Max Wilco posted:

I must be in the minority, because I picked up and read The Boys a couple of weeks ago (the whole series was in a bundle on Humble Bundle, along with Project Superpowers), and I really liked it.

lmao

lmbo

lmfao

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Max Wilco posted:

I must be in the minority, because I picked up and read The Boys a couple of weeks ago (the whole series was in a bundle on Humble Bundle, along with Project Superpowers), and I really liked it. It made me want to check out Garth Ennis' run on Punisher, which I remember hearing was really good.

Haven't seen the show yet. I don't have direct access to Prime Video (just a linked account), but if the show's half as graphic as the comic was, I don't imagine anyone at home will want to watch it. Then again, I remember they were watching the adaptation of Preacher that was on AMC.

Garth Ennis' Punisher MAX is really good. Just make sure to skip the run he did before that (under the Marvel Knights label) because it's absolutely dire.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Augus posted:

hon hon I am le moviebob I am here to talk about ze movies and ze baguettes and ze eugenics
le mao

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Augus posted:

Ze whah? You think poor people should be treated like human beings? SACRE BLEU!

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
One thing about the Boys comic is that it does significantly improve in volume 3 or 4.

The series actually started out as an attempt by Ennis to get out of his publisher contract, but after a while the characters took a life of their own and he started caring about it.

It's still very edgy and violent but you can tell after the turning point that he was aiming for more.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Halfway into this and its entertaining but it's based on a very stupid premise.

Boars are loving nightmare monsters that regularly killed train hunters and it usually required a hunting party to safety get them.

It's entirely reasonable for the average boar to beat Magical Private Pile
But could it beat three squirrels?

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Dias posted:

This is a fun video! Also, why are there so many boars in Magic the Gathering? :stonk:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

JordanKai posted:

This is a fun video! Also, why are there so many boars in Magic the Gathering? :stonk:
BOAR TRIBAL

SQUIRREL TRIBAL

FROG TRIBAL

CRAB TRIBAL

TRIBAL!!!

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
It's too bad they were games that came after "The Good Days of Gaming" because you'd think Bob would love monster-raising simulators, especially the ones that go big into breeding for perfect eugenics and poo poo he'd have been all over it probably.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
https://twitter.com/Cybershell/status/1317624652680712193

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

JordanKai posted:

The real answer is that creature types tend to be a little more general than they sound for mechanical reasons. If there were different creature types for pumas, cheetahs, lions, tigers, etc. then most of them would end up irrelevant. So instead all of those use the same creature type, Cat, which is prevalent enough to build a deck around. Similarly, any creature which is any vairety of pig, swine, hog, or so on is classified as a Boar.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
did they put in errata to have every creature type "hound" count as a "dog"-type creature so that you could use all the old totally-a-dog-but-called-a-hound creatures from decades past? if not, they should, since hounds are a type of dog.

the ones they introduced in Core 2021 as specifically "Dog"-type creatures are good boys.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

This does still lead to some weirdness with older tribes when they were more specific. Cat people, lions, and house cats are all cat type, but nagas, snakes, and serpents are all separate types. Some snake people being nagas and some snake people being snakes.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Augus posted:

I think BillyMC was also the point where they started to really realize how many people were watching their videos, and no matter how much and how loudly they said they don't have anything against the people they poke fun of and don't seek out and harass them, someone in the audience was going to do it anyway.
Reminds me that around the same time New Legacy Inc was doing those Umad which was basically RP for backyarders and bad CAW Leagues, but I assume they ended it for the same reason why RPs ended really (though they did release one years later on like a burner Jawny had)

Also speaking of Dahir Insaat it was funny how in the recent C&I lp of FF7 Ironicus brought up that Midgard looks like a proof of concept piece from them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NItxBzqg90

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

achillesforever6 posted:

Reminds me that around the same time New Legacy Inc was doing those Umad which was basically RP for backyarders and bad CAW Leagues, but I assume they ended it for the same reason why RPs ended really (though they did release one years later on like a burner Jawny had)

Also speaking of Dahir Insaat it was funny how in the recent C&I lp of FF7 Ironicus brought up that Midgard looks like a proof of concept piece from them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NItxBzqg90

Yea the Umad stuff was amazing but I do get why Jawny would want to get out of doing it when so much of it kinda devolved into them laughing at literal kids uploading wrestling videos (though to be fair they were always pretty good about just laughing at the kids in a more good natured way than their usual 'you loving idiots don't do this' for more normal backyard bullshit).

This will always be one of my favorite Umads, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rLo4nOq5x4

"I love how earlier we were upset this is just us laughing at kids and now we're just actively hoping kids cry"

sexpig by night fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Oct 19, 2020

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

did they put in errata to have every creature type "hound" count as a "dog"-type creature so that you could use all the old totally-a-dog-but-called-a-hound creatures from decades past? if not, they should, since hounds are a type of dog.

the ones they introduced in Core 2021 as specifically "Dog"-type creatures are good boys.

Yes, hounds are dogs now. Apparently this was a lowkey conflict during development.

And I still hate that they gave the dog with the goofiest art THAT flavor text.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Pants Donkey posted:

Yes, hounds are dogs now. Apparently this was a lowkey conflict during development.

He was a good boy.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Pants Donkey posted:

I was wondering which one you meant and then I saw it. Jesus.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Ugghh gently caress I haven't played magic in over a decade and I really don't have the cash to build a Dog deck. Why'd you have to post those

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Garrand posted:

Ugghh gently caress I haven't played magic in over a decade and I really don't have the cash to build a Dog deck. Why'd you have to post those

You can always play MTG Arena and play for free

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah, you get a pretty sizeable amount of stuff to start if you do all the intro stuff and color challenges, which give you a bunch of free decks.

Just make sure not to fall into the typical predatory gems and such bullshit trap that is naturally present in mtga.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Okay I took said axe to the OP (Removed some channels that seem dead) and going to probably put the new thread out there later today,

Added/removed people suggested before:

Jamie Faith posted:

Also please add Cosmonaut Marcus, Scott the Woz, Anthony Fantano, and Quinton Reviews to the next OP.

And maybe remove Peter Coffin :yikes:

nine-gear crow posted:

Please leave the massive, glaring hole where Brad Jones's recommendation used to be in place for the next OP.

I was thinking, wouldn't changing the title to something like Online Creators + Reviewers Thread 5.0 be a better fit/name nowadays? Thought that might make the scope a bit too general.
Also I'm bad with titles so "The Final Derail" is the best I came up with (I did like Platonically watching my favorites).

Zedd fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Oct 19, 2020

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v435y5TNMjQ

Watch this video to die instantly.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Jacob Geller pays tribute to a texture restoration mod for Resident Evil 4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uJuTKyM4rQ

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Not "5000 pages and not a shread of redeeming value"?

I kid, I kid. But goddam that's a lot of hot youtube gossip and star wars derails.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2VxpTMAbas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Internet personality thread part 5: 0 days since last meltdown