Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

dmboogie posted:

i understand that laughing at internet people doing dumb poo poo is like 40% of the content in this thread but it still feels weird to highlight a site that has been obsessively chronicling a single bad internet man for literally 11 years

Eh hes not really obsessing over bores. The guy who runs that site post like once every month or 2. Besides its not like its a stalker site or anything. We're just laughing at a DSP level dumbass youtuber man. I don't see the harm, but none the less, if junpei hyde tells me to delete that link, I will oblige of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Jamie Faith posted:

Eh hes not really obsessing over bores. The guy who runs that site post like once every month or 2. Besides its not like its a stalker site or anything. We're just laughing at a DSP level dumbass youtuber man. I don't see the harm, but none the less, if junpei hyde tells me to delete that link, I will oblige of course.

Id err on the side of caution, personally

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i can't believe there are people out there who have the audacity to laugh at the most important and influential ghost hunter of our time

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Junpei Hyde posted:

Id err on the side of caution, personally

So uh is that a "please delete that link?" Or just a "Be careful posting stuff like that" friendly warning?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Jamie Faith posted:

Running a site cataloguing the actions of a youtube man for 11 years and regularly updating it isn't obsessive?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

FoldableHuman posted:

YouTubers pivoting to food?

I raise you: WoW Arena Twitch Streamers Publishing Cookbooks

https://xaryu.tv/shop/cookbook

Wow everyone and their mother do sell a fitness book these days.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i can't believe there are people out there who have the audacity to laugh at the most important and influential ghost hunter of our time

Fluffy the Cat
Jun 1, 2000

Wrageowrapper posted:

As someone who is generally well versed in Australian kids media of the 80s and 90s I have never actually heard of this show before so thanks for the episode. I can only assume it didn't get alot of repeat viewings here.

I have very, very vague recollections of this airing on weekends on Channel Nine around the mid 80s, maybe as late as 87. I don’t think I watched much of it though as the only things I remember were the title, the theme song and that scene at the end of the video where the old racist guy falls down the slope, since they showed that in all the promos. I don’t think Nine repeated it past the late 80s though so I can see why it’s pretty much forgotten even here.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Jamie Faith posted:

So uh is that a "please delete that link?" Or just a "Be careful posting stuff like that" friendly warning?

The latter

CmdrKing
Oct 14, 2012

Maybe if I called it 'Interpretive Stabbing'...
Did we determine h3h3’s scumminess wasn’t an accident?
Definitely wasn’t an accident

https://twitter.com/h3h3productions/status/1220619514959675397?s=21

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ethan klein vs sady doyle oh me oh my

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

The first two points of Joe wrecking Milo and Jordan Peterson being a doddery old man are whatever, and then it all goes to hell. I mean...still thinking Joe was right over the Fallon Fox poo poo? For gently caress's sake. What a fake panic that was -- it's almost as if Fallon Fox was some ungodly hammer smashing through all she fought, with her record of....uh, 5-1. That ENLARGED BONE STRUCTURE sure helped her to have a completely average MMA career. She also hasn't even fought since 2014. If she'd ever faced some serious name fighters, she'd have most likely been wrecked by them.

Still yet to see this wave of horrifying men pretending to be women and taking over women's sports. It didn't happen with Fallon, it didn't happen with Renee Richards back in the '70s...where are they?

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Vagabundo posted:

Running a site cataloguing the actions of a youtube man for 11 years and regularly updating it isn't obsessive?

Uh posting on and off again (sometimes going several months without posting) is not what I would call "regularly".

Gotcha.

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

lmao Oh man, Bores pretending he's some ghost hunter expert, and constantly whining that guys like Zak Baggins somehow ripped him off is Hillarious. He wrote a book about it that no one read, but he still describes it as "the most controversial book on the paranormal". Also all the amazon reviews for it are obviously fake.

The most Chris Bores thing ever is definitely him pretending to be his own mother online. There's a youtube account, that claims to be Chris' mother "Lady Buggin" that argues with Chris's critics in the comments of his videos. Problem is Chris once forgot to log out of his main account and posted what was clearly a comment from "Lady Buggin" but was from his main account. He is the Norman Bates of youtube.

Jamie Faith fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jan 25, 2020

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Interesting in that tweet again the guy saying 'would you pass your own purity test under that microscope?', once again proving that a certain kind of person just cannot believe that anyone else's values are sincere. Bigots seem to genuinely believe that everyone's a bigot really, and folk who fight bigotry are just hypocrites. I think that's part of why they get so angry when confronted.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

CmdrKing posted:

To say that puberty blocks are bad at this point, when they have been so extensively documented both in academic and public circles, exposes you as either a total ignoramus or someone who is intentionally trying to cause harm. Either way, Ethan is not someone who should be listened to on transgender matters.

IMO no one should take him seriously on any matter because he's kind of a dummy, but that's another subject entirely.

JordanKai fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jan 25, 2020

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp
My only exposure to Ethan and Jordan Peterson chatting on his show and the only thing I clearly recall is Peterson sharing the observation "protesters were angry" and Ethan's mind being blown by such a bombshell revelation, which I think perfectly shows what utter drooling morons they both are.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Jamie Faith posted:

Uh posting on and off again (sometimes going several months without posting) is not what I would call "regularly".

So we've gone from

Jamie Faith posted:

once every month or 2

to "several months." So which is it? Because "every month or 2" qualifies as "regularly."

Aside from that, if keeping this sort of poo poo up for over a decade doesn't seem even slightly obsessive to you, then what would?

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Jan 25, 2020

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

i was part of the dsp mocking “community” on twitter back in 2014 and it only took a few months until all the people active were way worse than dsp himself is, it’s inherently toxic

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

watho posted:

i was part of the dsp mocking “community” on twitter back in 2014 and it only took a few months until all the people active were way worse than dsp himself is, it’s inherently toxic

That's every mockthread/group/whatever

edit: ...which was probably your point but ah well. Anyone remember the Dobson mockthread and how it eventually devolved into people cheering on people harassing him irl? People are cool as hell.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Please post your Internet Personality pet peeves so I feel justified posting mine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7I_X9kx6Dc&t=615s

just everything to do with the hades thing

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Hades is not Hell!!!

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i. hades is in ff7 as a summon...

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Vagabundo posted:

So we've gone from

to "several months." So which is it? Because "every month or 2" qualifies as "regularly."

As in, for example, say he'll post once in January, then again in February, miss march, then post again in April, then go 3 months with no new posts, then post again in august, then skip September, then make 2 more posts in October, etc. It's pretty sporadic and random.

Vagabundo posted:

Aside from that, if keeping this sort of poo poo up for over a decade doesn't seem even slightly obsessive to you, then what would?

Uh like stalking, doxxing, harassing? You're acting like people have spent the entire 11 years, frantically searching up any info on bores around the clock 24/7 when in reality, its like, checking out his channel every now and then and watching a 10 minute irate gamer video and then spending 10 minutes writing a post that says "lol this guy made a hideously bad video on the Crash racing remake and stole footage from other YouTubers (again)". That's not what I would call "obsessed".

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

CmdrKing posted:

always good to see two loathsome morons get in a fight

HopperUK posted:

Interesting in that tweet again the guy saying 'would you pass your own purity test under that microscope?', once again proving that a certain kind of person just cannot believe that anyone else's values are sincere. Bigots seem to genuinely believe that everyone's a bigot really, and folk who fight bigotry are just hypocrites. I think that's part of why they get so angry when confronted.

sady doyle's values are absolutely not sincere, though that doesn't really make ethan's post any less poo poo. it's not like he's not a two faced rear end in a top hat himself, and his tweet is still bigoted garbage

RottenK fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jan 25, 2020

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

Who would dare laugh at Egon Spengler???

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Jamie Faith posted:

Uh like stalking, doxxing, harassing? You're acting like people have spent the entire 11 years, frantically searching up any info on bores around the clock 24/7 when in reality, its like, checking out his channel every now and then and watching a 10 minute irate gamer video and then spending 10 minutes writing a post that says "lol this guy made a hideously bad video on the Crash racing remake and stole footage from other YouTubers (again)". That's not what I would call "obsessed".

So there's absolutely nothing odd or unhealthy about maintaining a website, presumably paying for it and updating it, and watching a guy's content and then posting about it to mock it for over a decade of their life?

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
SA mock threads have a storied thradition of going to poo poo and getting gassed and these are just small gaggles of nerds in one thread on a big forum, there's literally no way that someone who maintains and contributes to a whole website entirely dedicated to following and mocking one specific loser isn't completely unhinged and probably worse than the target of their mockery

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Vagabundo posted:

So there's absolutely nothing odd or unhealthy about maintaining a website, presumably paying for it and updating it, and watching a guy's content and then posting about it to mock it for over a decade of their life?

lol Re-read the comment you quoted. There's your answer.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Jamie Faith posted:

lol Re-read the comment you quoted. There's your answer.

Ah yes, "it's only updated multiple times a year on a random schedule!" while glossing over the fact that the person in question has been at this for over a decade with weak as piss rationalisations.

But hey, feel free to defend weird and toxic behaviour. It's your hill to die on, I suppose.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

it is weird. it just always becomes weird, historically. every time. The only reason this thread can survive is b/c it constantly shifts targets and then forgets about what happened last week, which is what it means to be human.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Vagabundo posted:

Ah yes, "it's only updated multiple times a year on a random schedule!" while glossing over the fact that the person in question has been at this for over a decade with weak as piss rationalisations.

But hey, feel free to defend weird and toxic behaviour. It's your hill to die on, I suppose.

This may be hard for a goon to understand but it is possible just to laugh at some lovely youtuber for years without being weird about it. I don't even need to rationalize it because you haven't provided a single reason why this is so terrible other than the fact he's been doing this for a long time so that somehow means he's obsessed?

I'm not dying on any hill. I'm just kinda baffled by your insistence that the guy must be pure evil because uhh reasons?

Edit: jesus christ my spell check destroyed this post

Jamie Faith fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Jan 26, 2020

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

GulagDolls posted:

it is weird. it just always becomes weird, historically. every time. The only reason this thread can survive is b/c it constantly shifts targets and then forgets about what happened last week, which is what it means to be human.

also when things get bad it just becomes about anime

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

anime has replaced ishtar

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Jamie Faith posted:

This may be hard for a goon to understand but it is possible just to laugh at some lovely youtuber for years without being weird about it. I don't even need to rationalize it because you haven't provided a single reason why this is so terrible other than the fact he's been doing this for a long time so that somehow means he's obsessed?

I'm not dying on any hill. I'm just kinda baffled by your insistence that the guy must be pure evil because uhh reasons?

Thing is, if this is true of IrateGamerSucks and Chris Bores it's kind of an exception. Like...yeah, the majority do just have a good laugh at someone being stupid online whether it's him or DSP or Chris-chan. But then there's the ones who go way too far, which is how you get following the antics of Chris-chan turning into KiwiFarms. Or the control freakiness of Fred Fuchs and the Sons of Kojima. The poop doesn['t get touched so much as it gets punched in the face and you end up with people who are way WORSE than the object of their attention.

That's why some people are, y'know, being all "tread lightly". It's not totally out of malice, especially when it comes to someone who's as big of an irrelevant loser as Chris Bores (I mean, that whole "pretending to be his mum" thing is dead on. He tried to do that to Guru Larry of all people). Like, you almost don't feel as though you could go lower than that dude but inevitably it happens.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Jamie Faith posted:

The fact that this person even dedicates any time towards such an irrelevant nobody for so prolonged a time itself is a massive red flag. And honestly? No one keeps that kind of poo poo up for long unless there's some level of obsession.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

am i gonna have to start talking about zoids

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Which Zoids was the one that had the dinosaur with All The Guns?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

that sounds like some kind of geno saurer

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

good zoids ep: the one where they fight ppl who are loaded with infinity dollars and have decked out their zoid with all this sick weaponry that the protags cant possibly fight against, so they just run around a building while the enemy team chases them until it breaks because its weight load was so high.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Jamie Faith posted:

Okay, I'll spell it out plainly. The only reason you need a massive consolidation of information on a person is if you're planning on taking them to court for being a sex pest like Vic Mignogna, otherwise it's just obsession, like knowing what new scam Jacob Wohl's been trying to pull this year.