Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

littleorv posted:

Don't do it

Too late I already finished all the hunting missions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Junpei Hyde posted:

I spent all day fighting bears in yakuza 5 why are there 160 unread posts

explore sapporo junpei there is no honor here

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Alaois posted:

explore sapporo junpei there is no honor here

I am doing so now

Saejima is a good lad

poo poo pee pee
Feb 10, 2020

Jamie Faith posted:

I unfollowed him after he completely embarrassed himself when he called angry joe an angry white guy, then got super pissy and reached Jonathon Macintosh levels of incoherence when someone pointed out the fact that angry joe isn't white :lol:

'latino'/'hispanic'/'whatever other weird rear end term is being used in the US' isn't a race, they can be white and Angry Joe very much is

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

poo poo pee pee posted:

'latino'/'hispanic'/'whatever other weird rear end term is being used in the US' isn't a race, they can be white and Angry Joe very much is

Please give me your definition of race

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

White is also a weird rear end made up term and the only metric by which it is valuable is "do you get harassed by the police and vigilantes for your ethnic appearance". Which if you look like Joe you hella get hassled/assaulted by the American police.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

poo poo pee pee posted:

Whiteness is an exclusionary concept, and latinos are absolutely excluded from it in the vast majority of America.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Andrast posted:

let's just say all the entries have the suffix -oid and leave it at that

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

aw sick hell yeah lets get in to the definition of what is and is not white and how that intersects specifically with hispanic identity that's totally a topic this thread is fully loving equipped to handle

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

this thread owns

poo poo pee pee
Feb 10, 2020

Andrast posted:

The guy who looks like he could be descended from criollo oligarchs isn't a PoC, that's all. The way people in the US think about race, white Cuban exiles who owned plantations are apparently not white. It's totally bonkers and the rest of the world, particularly every country to the south in which you'd be laughed at for saying he's not white, takes precedence.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

so whose rereg are you

poo poo pee pee
Feb 10, 2020

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

so whose rereg are you

I'm famous youtuber badempanada, buy me an avatar

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
The Chapo boys are nerds who spent more than one episode playing a Call of Cthulhu campaign.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

poo poo pee pee posted:

The guy who looks like he could be descended from criollo oligarchs isn't a PoC, that's all. The way people in the US think about race, white Cuban exiles who owned plantations are apparently not white. It's totally bonkers and the rest of the world, particularly every country to the south in which you'd be laughed at for saying he's not white, takes precedence.

littleorv posted:

this thread owns

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

CmdrKing posted:

Brian David Gilbert breaks his brain against Nintendo's great enigma: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Udk8YHOy0EU
I know it was all for the bit in the end but boy I did not miss BDG's series 2 moustache.

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

Alaois posted:

especially when you can watch Matty Matheson cook food while the video tries its best to give you an anxiety attack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jbSsAjkryg

That video and his boiled dinner epic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rlml-vE54KQ are still my fave responses to cooking shows on YouTube.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I swear I remember people laughing at the name Harry Hole somewhere before this video came around and now that's gonna bug me for the rest of the month till it miraculously appears in my face for no reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buYxGFWCWNg&t=480s

And boy you know you're in for a ride when someone dies for 'But why?' reasons like Man of Steel Pa Kent.

Junpei Hyde posted:

Too late I already finished all the hunting missions

Were you expecting to get super sucked into the hunting missions when they first showed up? Because I sure wasn't expecting to be so engrossed in that story.

Also felt weird that I couldn't just fight the animals considering that's how you get there in the first place.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Mar 3, 2020

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

poo poo pee pee posted:

Angry joe talks about how he gets stopped/detained by the police and the TSA all the time. I'm sure the police and TSA think he is white and just harass him for no reason :thumbsup:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

stillvisions posted:

That video and his boiled dinner epic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rlml-vE54KQ are still my fave responses to cooking shows on YouTube.

im a big fan of his shepherd's pie video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuElgJfIeUg

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Matty Matheson is great and much better than talking about Angry Joe's loving skin colour as if it's an appropriate thread topic.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

poo poo pee pee posted:

this is a loving godawful post even by the rock-bottom standards of this thread holy hell

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Jamie Faith posted:

Angry joe talks about how he gets stopped/detained by the police and the TSA all the time. I'm sure the police and TSA think he is white and just harass him for no reason :thumbsup:
personally i love to deny a person their lived experiences with racism because they got mad about rome total war ii

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Matty matheson is v good but I'm not really a fan of the way his current stuff really plays up the anxiety inducing shitfuckery and chaos of his sets, it feels forced compared to his earlier, more naturalistic stuff where poo poo would go wrong just because he was a manic guy doing food jazz who wasn't afraid to gently caress up on camera

poo poo pee pee
Feb 10, 2020

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

this is a loving godawful post even by the rock-bottom standards of this thread holy hell

I really wanna see united states americans head south somewhere and try to tell people that 'latinos' can't be white

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

you are legitimately a huge loving bum dass whose argument is predicated on the idea that race and therefore passing are objective constructs existing outside of the culture in which they are being applied and i would desperately like you to stop posting not just in this thread where your posts are bad within the culture of the thread, but indeed all threads entirely because your posts are bad in every thread and if you have any examples to the contrary then don't worry about posting them because those posts are invalid due to the thread they were posted in namaste

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

Hungry for responsibility. Horny for teamwork.

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

poo poo pee pee posted:

I really wanna see united states americans head south somewhere and try to tell people that 'latinos' can't be white

What are you expecting would happen from an interaction like that?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

poo poo pee pee posted:

yes i know that there are 'white' latinos in south america, that's been a huge part of the bolsanaro nightmare world that brazil has become.

within the united states, there is no such thing as white latinos. it's not a thing here. race is not a solid set of traits that are rigidly defined like that, what 'race' you are seen as changes based on who you are, where you are, who is in power and a billion other societal factors.

as mentioned, angry joe has been stopped more than once by tsa agents because of his appearance. he is not 'white' in the united states. if you are trying to argue otherwise then you are arguing that his lived experience is not real or some poo poo.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Endorph posted:

personally i love to deny a person their lived experiences with racism because they got mad about rome total war ii

Fursonally, I think the total war warhammer games are superior to the historical total war games

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

poo poo pee pee posted:

this is a useless thought because dude's an american who has lived in america his whole life and by american standards he isnt white. for the purposes of a point an american is making about 'angry white men,' he isn't white, because he does not have the lived experiences of a white american.

poo poo pee pee
Feb 10, 2020

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

yes i know that there are 'white' latinos in south america, that's been a huge part of the bolsanaro nightmare world that brazil has become.

within the united states, there is no such thing as white latinos. it's not a thing here. race is not a solid set of traits that are rigidly defined like that, what 'race' you are seen as changes based on who you are, where you are, who is in power and a billion other societal factors.

as mentioned, angry joe has been stopped more than once by tsa agents because of his appearance. he is not 'white' in the united states. if you are trying to argue otherwise then you are arguing that his lived experience is not real or some poo poo.

claiming PoC cred for the white guy with an entirely white family because he's been stopped at TSA, something that happens to any dark haired person with a beard, is the most United States of America thing i've seen all day.

poo poo pee pee
Feb 10, 2020

Endorph posted:

this is a useless thought because dude's an american who has lived in america his whole life and by american standards he isnt white. for the purposes of a point an american is making about 'angry white men,' he isn't white, because he does not have the lived experiences of a white american.

his family are white mexicans, which means they are incredibly privileged far beyond the average white american and this is why everyone else in the world hates you guys

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

littleorv posted:

this thread owns

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i need to sit down

poo poo pee pee
Feb 10, 2020
[plantation owner moves to USA, his children are now oppressed PoC despite being pasty white and growing up in an 19 bedroom mansion] this is normal.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

poo poo pee pee posted:

[plantation owner moves to USA, his children are now oppressed PoC despite being pasty white and growing up in an 19 bedroom mansion] this is normal.
are you writing fanfiction about angryjoe or

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

Hungry for responsibility. Horny for teamwork.

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZAc0xC9hbw

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

all i know is i'm definitely more likely to watch badempanada videos on youtube, looks like self-promotion does its job again

poo poo pee pee
Feb 10, 2020

Endorph posted:

are you writing fanfiction about angryjoe or

i don't care about your favourite video game youtuber, however the brainworms that make you consider ridiculously privileged white people from Latin America 'PoC' are very incredible!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

poo poo pee pee posted:

i don't care about your favourite video game youtuber, however the brainworms that make you consider ridiculously privileged white people from Latin America 'PoC' are very incredible!
ive literally never watched an episode of angryjoe in my life