Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Imagine caring about Star Wars in tyool 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

idk how you can play through the kh series and not realize all the batshit stuff is 100% intentional camp the writers do, probably to make up for how sterile the disney worlds have to be to get approved

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

CYBEReris posted:

idk how you can play through the kh series and not realize all the batshit stuff is 100% intentional camp the writers do, probably to make up for how sterile the disney worlds have to be to get approved

probably the same way people complain about all the goofy camp that makes it into kojimas gamea

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
In other news, Jacob Chapman (formerly Jesu Otaku) is back (?) from hiatus with a video on Netflix's Castlevania and specifically Alucard !

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

CYBEReris posted:

Honestly the time travel/possession of little boys/soul imprisonment aspects of Kingdom Hearts are fine in a ridiculous way. The heart-darkness-heart-darkness-memories-heart-friendship-sora-donald-goofy repetitions are enough to drive one mad though.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Ghostlight posted:

wrestling travels a lot, like a carnival. if you want to wrestle you have to follow the big tops.

And Pennsylvania has long been a hotbed of indie pro wrestling (mostly Philly, but still). Even before ECW.

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

macabresca posted:

In other news, Jacob Chapman (formerly Jesu Otaku) is back (?) from hiatus with a video on Netflix's Castlevania and specifically Alucard !

Does this cover series 3 too?

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Baka-nin posted:

I shouldn't speak because my worry is that it will dip into 3 but my understanding is that it focuses on 2.

Would be a pretty quick turnaround if it did include 3, to be fair.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Archer666 posted:

Luke Skywalker poops on the floor and use a jedi mind trick to make people think the poop is invisible.

I ended up googling up harry potter crap in pants cause I see this kind of stuff posted often when making fun of Rowling. It couldn't be real, it just couldn't. Who cares about where they pee and poop?

But she actually said it

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Calico Heart posted:

It's easy, Star Wars is fun. Ya'll are just goons lol

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Jamie Faith posted:

It's easy, Star Wars is fun. Ya'll are just goons lol

:emptyquote:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Calico Heart posted:

You can't look down your nose at people talking about Star Wars, you made a (very good) video about Blazing Saddles recently!

Star Wars just had a movie in December, it's not like it's a dead franchise like The Land Before Time!

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
I empathize very much with the people in China who don't care about Star Wars and I wish the new movies could flop here in the US like they do over there.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Casey Finnigan posted:

I empathize very much with the people in China who don't care about Star Wars and I wish the new movies could flop here in the US like they do over there.

same. i saw the newest tomb raider movie and lord was it bad and super obviously catered to a chinese audiance. like the the chinese star who is kinda of the co-lead and than doesnt do poo poo. and the whole thing being a really dumb version of the events of the reboot but dumber and they took out the magic eternal himiko which was one of my favorite parts because the CCP is afraid of the undead/magic. loving lol.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Dapper_Swindler posted:

same. i saw the newest tomb raider movie and lord was it bad and super obviously catered to a chinese audiance. like the the chinese star who is kinda of the co-lead and than doesnt do poo poo. and the whole thing being a really dumb version of the events of the reboot but dumber and they took out the magic eternal himiko which was one of my favorite parts because the CCP is afraid of the undead/magic. loving lol.

That movie is such a mess. The actress they got for Lara looked like she could have done a good job but they never figured out whether she's gritty reboot Lara who's pulling shrapnel out of her leg and cauterizing it with a torch or quippy earlier video game Lara. Shame.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

That movie is such a mess. The actress they got for Lara looked like she could have done a good job but they never figured out whether she's gritty reboot Lara who's pulling shrapnel out of her leg and cauterizing it with a torch or quippy earlier video game Lara. Shame.

yeah. i like the new trilogy. never cared for the latest one but 1 and rise are good for what they are. i liked the hobo cultist army in 1 and the weird catholic illuminati assholes. the movie can't even really do either.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah. i like the new trilogy. never cared for the latest one but 1 and rise are good for what they are. i liked the hobo cultist army in 1 and the weird catholic illuminati assholes. the movie can't even really do either.

I loved the first game in the new trilogy. Don't really care for the second game, though; Didn't like the focus on her stupid dead dad (Imma going to be real here, I hate that they wrote out Sam) and they somehow made paramilitary Crusaders incredibly dull. Still really fun to play though. Can't speak on the third.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Mar 10, 2020

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i don't think any human being on earth actually played the third game in the tomb raider reboot franchise

no not tomb raider underworld, people actually played that game. the second tomb raider reboot franchise.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

It's on my wishlist.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Unlucky7 posted:

I loved the first game in the new trilogy. Don't really care for the second game, though; Didn't like the focus on her stupid dead dad (Imma going to be real here, I hate that they wrote out Sam) and they somehow made paramilitary Crusaders incredibly dull. Still really fun to play though. Can't speak on the third.

understandable. i just keep bouncing off 3. not enough combat and idk, ill sound mean but central/south american long lost civilizations just isn't as interesting as weird eastern orthodox mythical city fighting against paramilitary Opus Dei led by evil padre pio.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Alaois posted:

i don't think any human being on earth actually played the third game in the tomb raider reboot franchise

no not tomb raider underworld, people actually played that game. the second tomb raider reboot franchise.

i played a bit. it was ok. not enough action for me and the setting while interesting and cool didnt hook me. i am just playing wolfenstien young blood(not perfect but way more fun post patches) and we happy few, a mixed bag game that has really great setting and themes but its gameplay is a weird grab bag because its fans didnt know what they wanted. disclaimer, i backed the poo poo out of that game on patreon.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Unlucky7 posted:

Yeah, I’m pissed they wrote out Lara’s girlfriend.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/plentyofalcoves/status/1237209386231238657?s=20

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Alaois posted:

I have! The story's so-so, the gameplay's just repeating the last two's progression by rote (though the level designs ARE fantastic), but the ending is a laughably rushed climax that kills off the Trinity council offscreen via radio chatter, and the big showdown with the man that's been causing her hell since the last game gets a lovely approach-the-turret event that you don't even realise is actually Rourke on the turret until another character is stabbing him in the chest and you're just moving on to get that final boss over and done with.

It's fun enough, but I'd give it maybe a 6/10 on the whole. That's a proper slightly-above-average rank, rather than reviewer's "7-10 good, 1-6 are trash" margins.

poparena
Oct 31, 2012

Baka-nin posted:

The video mentions season three in the abstract, but doesn't spoil a second of it, instead focusing on the conclusion of season two.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I enjoyed the first game, but it never really got on the level of the original games for me. There weren't really any good puzzels and Lara characterization didn't really do anything for me.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Archer666 posted:

I enjoyed the first game, but it never really got on the level of the original games for me. There weren't really any good puzzels and Lara characterization didn't really do anything for me.

I dunno. It got quite a big pop out of me when she finally got two handguns in the final boss battle. That moment was pretty sweet.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Watching the success that Resident Evil has been enjoying for largely keeping the same location for its remake, I can't wait to see the next Tomb Raider reboot that actually has two handguns and dinosaurs and all the other stuff that I heard was really neat about the older games.

Also front loaded anvils.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

RareAcumen posted:

Watching the success that Resident Evil has been enjoying for largely keeping the same location for its remake, I can't wait to see the next Tomb Raider reboot that actually has two handguns and dinosaurs and all the other stuff that I heard was really neat about the older games.

Also front loaded anvils.

I'm sure she'll cope well; fighting dinosaurs and struggling with breast cancer at the same time. A true modern drama epic.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010
https://twitter.com/plentyofalcoves/status/1237209386231238657?s=19

fake friends 2 is back, so if there's anyone who doesn't understand why everyone on the internet started talking about parasocial relationships 2 years ago you can get some education

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Archer666 posted:

There is an unfair comparison that I like anyway because it shows where the focus was: The original Tomb Raider had 4 weapons with 3 ammo types and 6 or 7 ways to jump from flat ground, TR(2013) has 5 weapon categories with up to 4 weapons each, a currency just for upgrading weapons and 8 different ammo types, but only one way to jump.

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG

Baka-nin posted:

Nope!

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

egg tats posted:

https://twitter.com/plentyofalcoves/status/1237209386231238657?s=19

fake friends 2 is back, so if there's anyone who doesn't understand why everyone on the internet started talking about parasocial relationships 2 years ago you can get some education

https://twitter.com/plentyofalcoves/status/1237429014454730752?s=20

the system works

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Alaois posted:

You get to pet llamas and I wasn't about to let that opportunity slide.

It is funny though that a young white English woman can go to a hidden South American city untouched by the modern world, put on a temple guard uniform as a disguise and have all the other burly guards be like, "This is fine, go on through, nothing weird abut this."

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Gnome de plume posted:

It is funny though that a young white English woman can go to a hidden South American city untouched by the modern world, put on a temple guard uniform as a disguise and have all the other burly guards be like, "This is fine, go on through, nothing weird abut this."

And it feels like later they don't even particularly care about her race, just that she's not wearing cargo pants or whatever. It's much more about dress code.

poparena
Oct 31, 2012

More baby boomer television on Nick Knacks, this time My Three Sons, a surprisingly inventive 60s sitcom that none the less is pretty racist and sexist because it's a 60s sitcom.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
Film Crit Hulk is making video essays now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TQHc9bxjzk

Solitair fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Mar 11, 2020

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

i think you pasted the wrong thing there bud

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

poparena posted:

More baby boomer television on Nick Knacks, this time My Three Sons, a surprisingly inventive 60s sitcom that none the less is pretty racist and sexist because it's a 60s sitcom.

interested to see the next episode on mister ed. i liked watching that show as a kid with my grandma because it had a talking horse, but i haven't seen it in prolly at least 25 years so i'm curious if it actually has any merit whatsoever behind 'lol the horse talks and says wiiiiiillllbuuuurrrrr'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

watho posted:

i think you pasted the wrong thing there bud

So I did. Fixed now.