Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
Can't watch it now, but I will say that I think I prefer the DtRH videos which are less involved with internet stuff, like the episodes on Henry Darger or Rajneeshpuram.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Solitair posted:

Can't watch it now, but I will say that I think I prefer the DtRH videos which are less involved with internet stuff, like the episodes on Henry Darger or Rajneeshpuram.

It is shocking how little the latter gets talked about.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

the toxic feedback cycle he had with different personalities like keemstar is pretty hard to watch. just a bunch of garbage people pulling each other down further into the trash can

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I thought Phil was silly open with his real life stuff.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Fun fact, I recently learned that my uncle was the lead prosecutor for the Rajneeshpuram case.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Big Bob Pataki posted:

I don't know why but I find Wings endlessly fascinating.

its because he is basicaly weird blend of giant entitled prick rear end in a top hat and dumb rube victim. he also has the passive aggressive bragging attitude who talk poo poo that he never backs up. now he is trapped in a cycle where the abusers are the only ones who watch and give money.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Sep 18, 2019

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008
darksydephil is my favourite trainwreck to watch from afar

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

holy poo poo, he does a great job setting up the whole syndicate match. what a giant prick. like i knew he was a whiny poo poo talker but i never knew about the bribe.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Sep 18, 2019

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

RobotsLoveSpectres posted:

darksydephil is my favourite trainwreck to watch from afar

Yeah, I'm with you. Wings seems like a dodgy liar, but there's enough genuine hardship and disability there that it's also tragic.

DSP, on the other hand, is purestrain gamerbro entitlement and mediocrity with no redeeming circumstances. The fact that he's got the online survival skills of a cockroach is his only real talent and it just makes him even worse somehow.

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008
Well I'm pretty sure phil lies about literally everything but I agree

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Sephyr posted:

Yeah, I'm with you. Wings seems like a dodgy liar, but there's enough genuine hardship and disability there that it's also tragic.

DSP, on the other hand, is purestrain gamerbro entitlement and mediocrity with no redeeming circumstances. The fact that he's got the online survival skills of a cockroach is his only real talent and it just makes him even worse somehow.

yeah. wings is a shithead but he is a pathetic and depressing. DSP is just a gross moron who somehow plays games worse than me.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired
There needs to be a version of Godwin's law but it's "As a thread on Internet Personalities grows longer, the probability of bringing up DSP approaches 1"

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Ughh why am I not surprised to see Keemstar show up in this.

I know almost nothing about him directly, but it seems that every time something online involves drama, toxic people and rampant bullshit, he'll just materialize into the narrative and feed from it like a loving misery vampire.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Sephyr posted:

Ughh why am I not surprised to see Keemstar show up in this.

I know almost nothing about him directly, but it seems that every time something online involves drama, toxic people and rampant bullshit, he'll just materialize into the narrative and feed from it like a loving misery vampire.

the dude is a troll shithead and gets off on it. its kinda sad when he comes off as the less bad person in that video. its also clear he is playing the passive aggressive concern troll type and wings keeps feeding off of it. i mean hell, they only kept wings around because he is an easy mark and enough of stupid rear end in a top hat that they can keep drama views rolling.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Sep 18, 2019

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008

Clerical Terrors posted:

There needs to be a version of Godwin's law but it's "As a thread on Internet Personalities grows longer, the probability of bringing up DSP approaches 1"

It's cause of his 10 year legacy dood

FreezingInferno
Jul 15, 2010

THERE.
WILL.
BE.
NO.
BATTLE.
HERE!

Clerical Terrors posted:

We'd also need one for Boogie as well.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
Wings, as far as these personalities go, is rather depressingly honest.

Also that Syndicate match replay was pretty cool.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

DeafNote posted:

Wings, as far as these personalities go, is rather depressingly honest.

Also that Syndicate match replay was pretty cool.

yeah. he clearly has issues mentally and physically. like yeah he is a backstabbing rear end in a top hat but so are his friends. like i get his friends probably go sick of his poo poo and him being an rear end in a top hat but it feels kinda gross to see them openly poo poo on him but than again i have never had a friend as bad as wings.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Sep 19, 2019

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Solitair posted:

I loved his last one on the hurdy gurdy because it was both a very niche topic and one he's obviously enthusiastic about being a musician who uses one

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Dapper_Swindler posted:

the dude is a troll shithead and gets off on it. its kinda sad when he comes off as the less bad person in that video. its also clear he is playing the passive aggressive concern troll type and wings keeps feeding off of it. i mean hell, they only kept wings around because he is an easy mark and enough of stupid rear end in a top hat that they can keep drama views rolling.

It suddenly occurs some of the more chud elements of social media are trying to be the alt-right Keemstar, which I would have recognized sooner if I paid any attention to Keemstar.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

It suddenly occurs some of the more chud elements of social media are trying to be the alt-right Keemstar, which I would have recognized sooner if I paid any attention to Keemstar.

what i find funny is the video ends about how i predicted. he is in the same spot he always was though maybe somewhat better off and all the trolls are loving each other over to see who can milk the "lol cow" the best because they all want to be mister black/clyde cash.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I knew Keemstar was a Grade A rear end in a top hat but I didn't know he got his start with a channel called "F@G Alliance".

Christ.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-j3avVHNN0

Clint brings us a video about one of the weirdest pet reptiles I've ever seen.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

Neo_Crimson posted:

I knew Keemstar was a Grade A rear end in a top hat but I didn't know he got his start with a channel called "F@G Alliance".

Christ.

Pretty amazing that 10 years ago he held a channel hostage via brute force flagging, but now he just does it all the time in the open by threatening to make videos about people. And instead of seeing how inherently hosed that is, he's a millionaire and youtube recommends his videos instead of getting its poo poo together.

LibrarianCroaker posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-j3avVHNN0

Clint brings us a video about one of the weirdest pet reptiles I've ever seen.

But where else are we gonna get Clint? Youtube is so frustrating.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Neo_Crimson posted:

Christ.

I wasn't terribly surprised to see he was one of the many asshats making videos being weird and harassing to women in Halo 3, it was the height of youtube comedy back then, sadly.

poparena
Oct 31, 2012

A new Nick Knacks on National Geographic Explorer, a three-hour block of documentaries because even after the orange splat was introduced, Nickelodeon still wouldn't get over the idea of being a dreadfully boring educational channel for a while.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

https://youtu.be/LNHbm7GBHwg New down the rabbit hole. This time about wingsofredemption.

i have no idea how i made it through all two hours of this but the ending where the community of psycho trolls harassing him has a schism is amazing

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

Judge Tesla posted:

I wasn't terribly surprised to see he was one of the many asshats making videos being weird and harassing to women in Halo 3, it was the height of youtube comedy back then, sadly.

But remember kids: women being harassed in online games is just SJW lies.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Farm Frenzy posted:

i have no idea how i made it through all two hours of this but the ending where the community of psycho trolls harassing him has a schism is amazing

that poo poo always happens with those communities. every group/person wants a cut or full credit and because of the nature of those types, they end up turning on each other really quick. it happend with chrischan, it happend with DSP, etc.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

that poo poo always happens with those communities. every group/person wants a cut or full credit and because of the nature of those types, they end up turning on each other really quick. it happend with chrischan, it happend with DSP, etc.

my dream documentary would be a really exhaustive 15 hour miniseries about the bizzare heirarchy of chris chan gangstalkers

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

remember the episode of steven universe where the original steven loving dies and is replaced by an alternate version of himself via time travel that also has to watch like twenty other versions of himself die and then it isn't mentioned ever again

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Grapplejack posted:

remember the episode of steven universe where the original steven loving dies and is replaced by an alternate version of himself via time travel that also has to watch like twenty other versions of himself die and then it isn't mentioned ever again

thats some rick and morty poo poo right there.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

the first 26 episodes or so of Steven Universe are really loving weird in retrospect, it’s like watching an entirely different show

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
When you look at the topic of most of youtube media essays, suddenly coming up with the idea that you shouldn't criticize children's media after a certain age is certainly a hell of a take. And honestly, it comes across pretty disingenuous. Less of an actual criticism of the critic, which would be entirely valid, and more of and knee-jerk defense of a series you like without actually having to engage the points raised in the critic itself.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
First seasons are rarely indicative of a show's entire run. Not that they're necessarily bad, mind you, just that they have to lay a lot of groundwork and not everything they throw at the idea wall will stick around to the next season.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

e X posted:

When you look at the topic of most of youtube media essays, suddenly coming up with the idea that you shouldn't criticize children's media after a certain age is certainly a hell of a take. And honestly, it comes across pretty disingenuous. Less of an actual criticism of the critic, which would be entirely valid, and more of and knee-jerk defense of a series you like without actually having to engage the points raised in the critic itself.

OK, but we have a plague of 40 something white guys descending on series intended for children and critiquing it as if it was aimed at them.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
I mean, what are we to believe— that this is some sort of magic xylophone or something?

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012

Dabir posted:

OK, but we have a plague of 40 something white guys descending on series intended for children and critiquing it as if it was aimed at them.

:v: "Well you see my stable friends have children of their own but when I started telling them the correct way to parent they stopped inviting me to game night."

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

That's a trick, nobody with children is stable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Farm Frenzy posted:

my dream documentary would be a really exhaustive 15 hour miniseries about the bizzare heirarchy of chris chan gangstalkers

The dude who apparently wore some sort of vegetable suit alone could get two hours.