Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

hopeandjoy posted:

She is like 12 years old or younger, which makes it even worse.

And yeah the first episode is weirdly gross even though the rest of the anime isn’t, and it put me off of the series.

She was 12ish when she died but they say in dialogue that she's meant to have 'grown up' in the meantime. But she looks like an absolute child.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

VictualSquid posted:

Red Plateus finally made their Q&A video, and I recommend their series to everybody.
Especially now that they have promised that their next season will go into non-leninist conceptions of the vanguard.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U1qsd9KYas

I came for the Q&A, I stayed for the legacy delver

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
If we're still talking anime watch Beastars

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

hopeandjoy posted:

She is like 12 years old or younger, which makes it even worse.

And yeah the first episode is weirdly gross even though the rest of the anime isn’t, and it put me off of the series.

Your avatar reminded me i still want to some day watch gintama. I can count the number of anime ive watched in two hands so seeing something that is like a trillion episodes long is daunting... How long is it really

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
if you wanna watch an anime with :krad: characters that doesn't sexualize its cast at all then watch Zombieland Saga.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

I watched bleach years ago and I thought the main character was kind of bland crap but I really appreciate the part where they want to the spirit world. And he spends something like one of two seasons running around fighting bosses and you expect them to die but then those bosses join the good guys and the past season in retrospect turn out to be their characterization buildups and now they are all well defined as the join the good guys instead of showing up out of nowhere.

Except that one science guy who had a mask I think. He was basically spirit world Josef Mengele and it's really odd how the show has him being an ally of the heroes because his super power is inhumane chemical warfare.

There was also some officer who was a big haired 13 year old straight out of DBZ and I didn't like him. But I really liked the guy with the eyepatch who's power may have been that he was just flat out indestructible?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Fabricated posted:

If we're still talking anime watch Beastars

Is that like Beast Wars 3?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

ArfJason posted:

Your avatar reminded me i still want to some day watch gintama. I can count the number of anime ive watched in two hands so seeing something that is like a trillion episodes long is daunting... How long is it really

It’s over 300 episodes but it’s not as daunting as some other hundreds of episode long anime are imo because outside of the plot story arcs, it’s a very episodic series. The Gintama thread in ADTRW has a link to a google doc with recommended standalone episodes if you want a taste iirc.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

ArfJason posted:

gintama's anime is weird in that it is 'done' but also not 'done' lol. there's over 350 episodes so far and it's in the final stretches, but a large number of them are designed to wrap up a story in an episode or two. that changes the further you push in and the arcs get longer/ more serious, but it always takes breaks to be stupid.

gintama owns, basically. don't binge it, it's really easy to watch a couple episodes and then come back later. i'll warn you, the early episodes are mostly introducing the TONS of characters, and are really hit and miss in quality. the series really rewards taking your time and getting to know everyone, but the early pacing can make that a bit rough: consider following an episode guide early on at least: https://sotaku.com/gintama-complete-skippable-episode-guide/

most folks i know that make it to the benizakura arc fall in love.

buddhist nudist
May 16, 2019

Junpei Hyde posted:

Dark souls is the best Zelda 1 remake

Pretty much. I really loved both games for just kinda hurling you into a hostile environment alone with no direction and, like, that's your problem.

Endorph posted:

good news for everyone saying hbomberguy did it right

https://twitter.com/Hbomberguy/status/1186026655032250369

It's fitting that Bomber Harris replies to Natalie's friends circling the wagons is a thin blue line of emojis.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Eschenique posted:

There was also some officer who was a big haired 13 year old straight out of DBZ and I didn't like him. But I really liked the guy with the eyepatch who's power may have been that he was just flat out indestructible?

Kenpachi's power is to be the biggest badass in the baddest shithole burg

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Arcsquad12 posted:

That’s what they called it in Canada.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

hopeandjoy posted:

It’s over 300 episodes but it’s not as daunting as some other hundreds of episode long anime are imo because outside of the plot story arcs, it’s a very episodic series. The Gintama thread in ADTRW has a link to a google doc with recommended standalone episodes if you want a taste iirc.

I even have some recommendations in that google doc!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

That’s what they called it in Canada.

Eyupp. I remember that growing up. Beeeeeeaaaaaassssstiiiiiieeeeessss.
Stretched the shout to fit the title sequence written for the original name. Can't have war in your cartoons in Canada but you can have tits, apparently.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Eschenique posted:

I watched bleach years ago and I thought the main character was kind of bland crap but I really appreciate the part where they want to the spirit world. And he spends something like one of two seasons running around fighting bosses and you expect them to die but then those bosses join the good guys and the past season in retrospect turn out to be their characterization buildups and now they are all well defined as the join the good guys instead of showing up out of nowhere.

Except that one science guy who had a mask I think. He was basically spirit world Josef Mengele and it's really odd how the show has him being an ally of the heroes because his super power is inhumane chemical warfare.

Bleach is wild because there's a point where it was clearly supposed to end, like, the story has a natural ending there

And then it just kept going and finally the said "you have eight weeks left, wrap it up or don't but you're not getting a month chapter"

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

littleorv posted:

I even have some recommendations in that google doc!

"Little" ''orb''

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Bleach is wild because there's a point where it was clearly supposed to end, like, the story has a natural ending there

And then it just kept going and finally the said "you have eight weeks left, wrap it up or don't but you're not getting a month chapter"

And it didn't help that Tite Kubo's solution to writer's block was 'let's make a dozen more characters.'

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Dawgstar posted:

And it didn't help that Tite Kubo's solution to writer's block was 'let's make a dozen more characters.'

It would have been one thing if it actually answered literally any of the questions left up in the air, like why does Ichigo have that weird hollow form, what's up with his dad being a shinigami, stuff like that. There's room for more negative chapters too! But it didn't do any of that and it was bad.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Bleach was basically just a vehicle for Tite Kubo's aesthetics.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I dunno, I dislike ragging on Bleach too much after finding out that Kubo hated working for Shonen Jump and had a terrible working relationship with his editor.

He obviously stopped giving a gently caress after Soul Society, and I honestly can't blame him.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
His One-shot afterwards wasn't any better though.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

The first 70-odd chapters of Bleach are some of the best manga ever published in WSJ.

AstroWhale
Mar 28, 2009
Currently watching Paranoia Agent, on episode 3, to watch Super Eyepatch Wolf's video on it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVagWJhvVbM
I hope it stays good. I loving love his cuts, like Every Frame A Painting describes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz49vQwSoTE
This is his best essay, fight me.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
Paranoia Agent's a great watch. Also still pretty relevant. The Toonami thread did a simu-watch a Halloween or two ago of the whole series, and it held up well.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P55t6eryY3g

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

JordanKai posted:

The first 70-odd chapters of Bleach are some of the best manga ever published in WSJ.

When did the Wall Street Journal publish manga? :v:

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Paranoia agent is easily one of the best things ive ever watched

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

I just saw this! Innuendo Studios does good work.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

A big flaming stink posted:

if you wanna watch an anime with :krad: characters that doesn't sexualize its cast at all then watch Zombieland Saga.

That show has the second best portrayal of a trans woman I’ve seen in anime so I’ll give it points for that

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ArfJason posted:

Paranoia agent is easily one of the best things ive ever watched
the paranoia agent guy also made the best christmas movie ever made, tokyo godfathers

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Endorph posted:

the paranoia agent guy also made the best christmas movie ever made, tokyo godfathers

Hana is easily one of my favorite characters in anything ever

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
For anyone interested, Movie Nights is doing a 10 year anniversary stream.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I appreciate Allison and I’m glad she’s still making videos. Her positivity toward junk is unique and a nice shelter from the brutality of life everywhere else.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqSfPfvMylk
Troy and Nolan playing uncharted 2

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Arcsquad12 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ3wd6u4zlQ&hd=1

Looks pretty good especially for a cgi show

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

I have so many furry friends who are going to love the gently caress out of this show and it's wonderful.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
The CGI in Beastars is great, and it has a stop-motion OP!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgo9dJB_icw

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Oct 22, 2019

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

CGI animu is getting better sometimes thankfully, but the real gem I'm looking forward to is the new Lupin III movie, cause oh my god does it look good.

https://i.imgur.com/R8rkI8p.mp4

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Or you could get the Godzilla anime trilogy and oh my god what the gently caress were they thinking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Yardbomb posted:

CGI animu is getting better sometimes thankfully, but the real gem I'm looking forward to is the new Lupin III movie, cause oh my god does it look good.

https://i.imgur.com/R8rkI8p.mp4

Well, it's no Tintin 2 but I'll take it.