Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Can a bunch of you please just gently caress off to D&D and never come back

thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Max Wilco posted:

Who's Zinnia Jones, and what did she say? I remember you bringing her up before.

Also, is the catgirl thing about Contra referring to Chelsea Manning?

She used to be an active trans youtuber, now she tweets MovieBob style opinions about how working class people are scum. Quite dislikeable and trollish frankly.

Coongrats to nine gear crow. I implore you now, save us.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Lightning Knight posted:

imo anybody who makes six figures is rich, personally.

That

I mean if you're working on freaking 200k being working class then exactly what drugs are you on

If I was making 200k a year you'd never see me again, I'd be living it up in my own flat in Mayfair, not getting out of my pajamas except to go and get shitfaced in VIP bars and having cocaine for dinner

EDIT: Seriously, I've been around and in poverty here, seen it and done it, know plenty of people in that sort of situation. Which is why Bob's views are so utterly abhorrent to me and he can go insert an SMB3 cartridge up his urethra.

Kim Justice fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Apr 19, 2018

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Kim Justice fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Apr 19, 2018

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

A very unfortunate turn of events. His optimism and determination is admirable but I just hope he gets as much quality time with his family as he can right now. :(

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

khwarezm posted:

For people who are in the know about such things, how long do you think he might last at this point?

Really, it's hard to say especially as we don't know the full details of where else it's spread other than the spine...I have a friend who is four months into a six month prognosis and currently he appears to be just fine - but you don't know what comes next really and the worst part could frankly start any time...even if it may be months as opposed to years in TB's case he's still only 33, who knows what will happen with the trial.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Mokinokaro posted:

Well, from Malcolm on twitter it sounds like they're still making NC videos so the rumors of Doug quitting are unlikely.

A comment here seems to muddy the waters rather.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Why do people watch movies

Full disclosure: I like RLM fine, but have never seen the Plinkett reviews. The prequels do not interest me even remotely

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

I AM SO HAPPY

Have a video from one of my fav YouTube duded to celebrate BOTL being told to gently caress off forever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvDGBIkJaqQ

Kim Justice fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Apr 22, 2018

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Hey b0ss

Congratulations b0ss

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

BOTL should stay gone. Nothing but constant, irrelevant pages-long derails and flamewars resulted from him being here - he contributed absolutely nothing to the thread but poo poo, and it was so frequent to boot. He would *always* be fishing for it with every post he made and when someone inevitably took the bait the result would gently caress the whole thread up. The threadban is cumulative and has clearly been building up for months now...so y'know, if you like his posts in TBB or CD or whatever then please - feel free to keep reading him there. I'm quite sure he'll cope. But no one wants him here.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Praise the lord, let's talk about something safe and non controversial instead like, I dunno, Count Dankula

(I'm joking)

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

People of the world

join hands

Start a probe train

Probe train

(Seriously guys do you wanna STFU about it now)

Junpei Hyde posted:

What hath thou wrought

What, you thought the problem with this thread was sorted?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we_kAQLl9EM

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

H3 did a podcast with the single hottest person on YouTube right now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s12qaVEyW14

TBH his hair seems to have more personality than he himself does, but I'm just mean because frankly he seems nice enough - an inoffensive, pretty and not all that obnoxious face for gamers in 2018 who isn't going to do anything stupid (probably). It appears as though Ninja playing Fortnite Duos with Drake is now officially "the moment when gaming became cool" (obviously it's never been cool up to this point)...still, he seems chill. Better him than Logan Paul.

By the way, if you're interested in seeing what playing Fortnite Duos with Drake, Travis Scott etc. can do for your YouTube channel, check out the man's SocialBlade. https://socialblade.com/youtube/user/ninjashyper

No lie, it's been like this since the start of 2018. 100k subs virtually every day. The man had around 400k subs at the start of this year, and now he's broken 9 million. At this rate he'll be at 10 within...um, a fortnight and the diamond button will be in the post. That's loving INSANE. I've never seen growth like it or even remotely like it.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Drake had like, a lot to do with it. From my understanding of the whole thing it happened pretty organically.

-Drake is a gamer in his downtime, and is known to be an avid Fortnite player and PUBG watcher as well (I guess Twitch in general)

-Ninja was/is in the main a pro gamer and Drake watched him in tournaments and the like which is how they ended up making contact. Once this is known Ninja starts blowing the gently caress up everywhere

-Eventually they end up paired together in Duos while Ninja is streaming and THE TING GOES SKRRRRRR

While it's probably silly to say that "This is the moment when gaming became cool!" (which is kinda taken at face value in the H3 podcast, lol) - it's probably a watershed moment for pro gaming, and Fortnite - which is a game that's pretty easy to watch unlike some, along with being free and all - is as good a jump off for that as any. Pro gaming as a sport has been looking for something like this for so long, and Ninja might be it.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

Lol this is hilariously naive.

Do you contribute anything other than lovely one line fishing for reactions posts?

You're no better than he who shall not be named.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Vagabundo posted:

So does being a loving snob about popular media, or loudly and publicly shouting to everyone about how much you hate it, and proclaiming the "death of _________" on a regular basis.

Actually it's actually worse, because being like that takes active effort all the time, like you're choosing to be a pretentious oval office. Let people enjoy things, and if it's not your bag, just ignore it. It's not difficult.

Sounds like someone we know!

EDIT: I don't have much opinion on these movies, which is why you don't often see me here when y'all are talking about them. If there were licensed games made of them I would have...I will say that I LOVED Deadpool, mind you.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

I'm sure this is a decent idea

Also, new Slope!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddddkfV7JFo

New Norm!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfZTK2XStME

More laughing at Bully Hunters!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyIftAPf7kM

Lots of goodness.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

It's a really good review but I wish that melon didn't describe the bass on track 5 as being "thinner than a gnat's cunthair"

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Augus posted:

I mean "Influencers" were treating it like a big deal :shrug:

lol, suddenly everyone and their mother had a Primal video :D

Ubi never got in touch with me though, shame as I wouldn't have minded trying Far Cry: 10,000 BC.

I'm interested in playing 5 though really, only because I'm really jonesing to climb towers, raid bases, hunt with a bow and set things on fire...couldn't give a toss about the story tbh, sorry folks. FC3 remains one of my favourites of the last decade, mind.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Alaois posted:

bad news, there's no towers to climb, no point in hunting animals because there's nothing to craft, and the flamethrower is possibly the worst flamethrower i've ever used in a video game and that's saying something

*throws chair*

Well how about you eat rear end

....aw man. Oh well, I suppose I could just play 3 again!

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

More pointless wanking.

Max Wilco posted:

So long as we're making requests, is there anyone who reviews or covers strategy games? (stuff like Total War, Europa Unversalis, etc.)

It's LP's but you may want to consider Many A True Nerd.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Gearbox kinda suck a lot of dicks. The debacle that was the Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition stands out too...like, as much as Bulletstorm is a pretty freaking cool game, charging full price for its remaster felt a bit of a pisstake. But not as much of a pisstake as then charging for Duke Nukem as DLC where they didn't even bother to sync up Jon St John's newly recorded lines with the mouth movements. And that wasn't as much of a pisstake as taking sponsorship money from freaking G2A of all people.

I mean...they got DNF done at least and it's out there, even if it's utter shite. They really didn't do a whole lot to it, mind - most of the work had already been done by 3D Realms in the last couple of years of the torturous dev cycle (after half the devteam walked and Broussard realised "poo poo, we might actually have to release this thing at some point").

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

They do stumble upon good at times. One thing about Gearbox is that for all their cringe (lol at ever thinking Battleborn was going to take out Overwatch...) and all their failures, we still follow them and are pretty interested in them. If more details came out on Borderlands 3 or especially a new Duke game or the new game in the long dormant Brothers In Arms series that's in dev, we'd be lapping it up. They have a certain vibe you don't often see anymore, like they still think and act like it's 1998 pretty much.

Anyone remember that really ridiculous and cringey fanfic someone posted of Anita Sarkeesian shooting Randy Pitchford that caused a big stink when Anita liked it? Fun times

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

I would love another Homeworld game that prominently features a song by late '90s era Yes.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

nine-gear crow posted:

There was a mod that does it, yes. The version that’s on the Steam Workshop fits perfectly with both the old and new credits. Plus the song is like 9 minutes long to begin with, so there’s lot of room to play around with stuff and make it all fit.

God bless prog bands and their long songs.

("Homeworld: The Ladder" actually does freaking rock though, game or no game. The best song that Yes made since the "Drama" album...which isn't actually saying much on paper because 90% of post-Drama Yes is TERRIBLE but still)

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

MonsieurChoc posted:

You know, it's a huge missed opportunity that now that John Carpenter is making music no one has contacted him to do video game music. Especially since he apparently loves video games.

I will defend 90125 and Big Generator. :colbert:

Hey, I'll acceept 90125 as part of the 10%, it's a perfectly ok pop album. I'm not one of those Yes fans who hate it to hell. "Owner of a Lonely Heart" is an ACE pop song.

Big Generator...eeeehhh. I DO like "Love Will Find A Way" but that's kind of it.

It's probably worth saying that Yes did pop better than like, most every other prog band who tried with the exception of Genesis. Again that's not saying much at all and is mostly down to having '80s godking producer Trevor Horn on the team, but it still counts.

Max Wilco posted:

Will you defend Tales from Topographic Oceans?

My bandmate's favourite Yes album. No, I don't understand it either. Only one of the four 20-minute songs is even approaching good. Rick Wakeman had it right when he had his copy of the album melted down into an ashtray.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

What's the problem there? I always find holding onto grudges for years to be a great way of going through life. And furthermore

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Ugh

Babish's new video about pies is especially great and pays tribute to someone who was taken from us way too soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgloGi5xEa8

In this spirit, go and eat a pie whether you make it yourself or don't, just shove your face in it.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

sexpig by night posted:

yea his grilling thing made me kinda roll my eyes with how #ad it was but that was a lovely video for a delicious topic.

Haha, yeah that was definitely one of the #addest videos I've seen. It was amusing in an incredibly corny way lol

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

I get kinda self-conscious about posting certain folk in this thread even when they're doing innocuous things because I fear accidentally creating another shitstorm.

Then people post MovieBob and no-one really cares soooo maybe I shouldn't.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Yardbomb posted:

Person posts Moviebob in a "Look at this idiot" framing: Responses pointed back that way are insulting bob

There might've been another reason for previous shitstorms. :thunk:

That's not really always the case but never mind

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Jeez, I even get shade thrown at me when I'm not here

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Everyone knows I have the lamest takes, it's not even a contest.

*tbf it's probably good that I wasn't around when y'all were talking about Dankula*

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Fallout 3 may well have a myriad of faults, and the original may well have an absolutely atrocious ending that they ultimately just had to fix...it still had a lot more moments than FO4 where great things simply occurred naturally. Where exploration did work and you managed to find something special on your travels...sure, NV did a lot more in that regard, but like Oblivion there's still SOMETHING in FO3. Whereas frankly there was nothing in FO4 and it was all just replaced by "OH HEY I GET TO CRAFT ANOTHER TOWN, WHOOPDEDOO I DO NOT GIVE A SOLITARY FLYING gently caress ABOUT THIS"...at least in FO3, when you stumbled upon a side quest it was often worth it, whether it was Oasis, or Agatha's Song, or Those!, or whatever.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

New Ahoy. This is not a drill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9F9ahZQ7oP0

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aWyACsGdLY

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Berzerk isn't a bad late Eminem song but it's all a little bit trying hard to be Run DMC or whatever

Wait that's not what you're talking about

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Nothing to say but sorry to TotalBiscuit, he fought until the very end.

A sad day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Regardlesss of anything this news has hosed me up. The man was one of us. He did not deserve what happened to him.